Your Mercenary Companies

Users who are viewing this thread

shades_o_grey

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Yeah, becoming a king, ruling a duchy, is great, and rules and yadda yadda yadda. But in the meantime, when your just trying to raise some cash, or playing a mod that really doesn't feature kingdom management, what's better than leading your own mercenary company? This is a chance to post about YOUR mercenary company, and tell us some of your "just following orders..." stories. My favorite mercenay co. in my games has to be the Bloody Sons, who's banner is featured in my avatar. Currently operating under Queen Imelda of the Laurians in her war against the mad emperor of Swadia, the Bloody Sons are a hard hitting company of pikemen, backed by riflemen. Cavalry ususally play a secondary role in their operations, only called in when the terrain is suitable. They are currently engaged in a bloody feud with Sergeant Hershey and his Peasants at War, with prisoners being exchanged on an almost weekly basis.

Edit: Sorry, I meant to post this in D&S Tavern, I had two windows open...  :oops:

Landless Thane Johtain ap' Lut'Hur

Leads a raiding band of twenty to thirty Huskarls, all in the same red banded armour, huskarly shields, axes and swords. Every man has a shield or else they face a long march home to get it. The small size of the company is due to Johtain's time being spent on training and combat skills, rather than the charisma that many other leaders prefer.

The troup do not use archers as they do not see the need, and the only horses they use are the ones that end up in their cooking pots. The Thane has been seen fighting for and against Ragnar, depending on the season and the Thane's mood.

Sir Jacob, leads a group of 15 Swadian Men at Arms, 15 Rhodok Sharpshooters, 15 Huscarls, 15 Marksmen, and 15 VHA, he currently is working for the Khergits working to wipe the Nordic invaders out.

sanak is leading 30 mercenary cavarly 20 hired blades and 20 crossbowman and currently working for vageirs to our long march to rhodok territory hoping we will take jelkala their capital

Any mod or native is fine. My favorite mercenary companies are all from TEaTRC, because not only is it a blast to play, but starting your own kingdom is extremely discouraged. If I can't be king, by god I will put the Fear of Me into the petty kings that already exist. PAY ME SUCKAS!  :grin:

My Favorate Mercenary band Gotta be "The Black Iron Fists" whos banner is represented only as that of a Horse Archer. It is Lead by ME!! Sir Kron De'Kur we consist of heavly armoured infantry and some Horse archers and our strentgh varies depending on how the wars go. but usaly we are around 40 heavy infantry and 20 horse archers. we are currently marching twoards The Realm of the Lion's Throne to dispatch of their leaders in the glorius name of the Ruler of Holy Swadia

Back
Top Bottom