Your first tournament?

Users who are viewing this thread

Will try a different kind of thread to lists :grin:

Basically what was your first competitive warbanding match/tournament? And how did it go? Feel free to talk about it etc.

My first competitive experience was NC2014. I only got to join team UK as a crpg nobody because Corey was captain and was in IG with me (pity accept)

First match was against Greece so wasn't too hard even top scored a set (downhill ever since amirite) then I got decent amount of playtime vs Canada BENE and Russia in group stage. Played in quarter and semi finals (leading to default silver)

Was a lot of fun and probably my favourite tournament so far, sadly started on a silver and only got worse  :lol:

So when did all you old/new kids start and what was your fav tournaments? Hopefully some of the answers might be surprising.

There must be a mistake. I don't see a list nor a ranking system. Additionally, where are the dank explanations why scar feints better than aeronwen. Outrageous. Unsubbed

Anarchy said:
There must be a mistake. I don't see a list nor a ranking system. Additionally, where are the dank explanations why scar feints better than aeronwen. Outrageous. Unsubbed
Sssh, this is good. It offers a chance to bond, let's take it.

I think mine was the first ever ENL with the Court of Reveran. Must have been 2011. Captain Lust was in CoR back then and he would spend countless hours trying to set up the threads, make sure the tournament was running smoothly. It was probably the beginning of it all, for Warband. A lot of the tournaments that came after ENL iterated on it, optimized the rules, etc. It was by no means perfect though, I remember we still had loads of drama. Though perhaps the quality of people involved was higher. No offense.

Also we used to play 20 rounds. And the rounds were 5 minutes each, or something. A complete warband match could take up to 2 hours. Whoever it was that adjusted the round times, god bless you.

Edit: Apparently we also played 5 rounds. My god, look at all those names. I think what made those tournaments great was that the community still didn't know each other too well. There were a lot of clans like DFD and it felt like clans consisting of members from one nation were much larger in number. Shout out to Refesesesesferes for that awesome-awful name.

6030840204_98c941fd18_o.jpg

5952745574_3253b112a2_o.jpg

Division C1 - Week 6 Fixtures | Deadline: 27/07/2011

b16d0a27eade.jpg

First competitive screenshot of me that still exists, I guess. I began playing competitively the first ENL and the 2011 nations cup. After that tournament I joined CoR.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, my first match must've been in IG in 2010 about 10 days after release date of Warband. I was a trial member and I got rejected.

My first tournament was ENL Season 2 with ARMY. We were a siege only team and decided to try our luck in battle, which obviously didn't go very well. Our first match resulted in a crushing defeat against swedish side FF, unfortunately nobody seems to have screenshots of this match anymore. At the time I didn't even realise we were playing in an actual tournament, I thought we were just playing some friendly matches with other teams. :mrgreen: The first tournament I actually perceived as such was WNL Season 1 with Deutschritter.

Goker said:
Whoever it was that adjusted the round times, god bless you.
:fruity:

Goker said:
Carrying with Corsair FTW. EDIT: I was playing inf - why did I always used to try and do that? :facepalm:

ModusTollens said:
The EU campaign. Probably the first and the last time Khergits participated in anything tournament-like.
NC 2010? Khergits vs X on Snowy Village *shudders*

@Scar: Pretty good leadership tactics to avoid pressure.

I think my first tournament was also the EU Campaign. So much RP... it was fun though, especially when we got Relax and Husita as our Bohemian mercenaries to defend port assault against 22nd. Also we played village a lot.

Look at how long we've been playing, bare reminiscing and nostalgia ting. (I wish there were more screenshots from the old tournaments... we're still not very good at archiving those tbh).

Can't remember if I actually played in the first ENL since I can't find any screens of me playing at that time. Was either in ARMY or IG back then. But I still remember 10v10 and 5 rounds, good times :grin: The first tournament I had alot of playtime in was NC2012 though.

I played in the ENL with a clan called Fight for Honor. We played against DR(Deutschritter) and defeated them. Ironically we lost every other match and they won every other match. :grin:

Apart from some players, we were mostly a WFaS clan.
6339738867_38affe9426_o.jpg

FH_Tribesman_Trukoss.
Preferred Match Dates: 12/11/2011, 13/11/2011

almost 5 years now.

Scar said:
My first tournament was ENL Season 2 with ARMY. We were a siege only team and decided to try our luck in battle, which obviously didn't go very well. Our first match resulted in a crushing defeat against swedish side FF, unfortunately nobody seems to have screenshots of this match anymore. At the time I didn't even realise we were playing in an actual tournament, I thought we were just playing some friendly matches with other teams. :mrgreen:
Same here, I still remember how FF samshed us completely in first set :razz:

Screen somewhere about that time
UkHNzRU.jpg

WNL1 as well, a match against Einherjar. (October 2012) They had silly names.

mb307.jpg
No, my ping has not gotten better.
mb308.jpg
Also, found this while digging around in WNL1. We had no idea
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,252556.0.html

Primi said:
WNL1 as well, a match against Einherjar. (October 2012) They had silly names.

mb307.jpg
No, my ping has not gotten better.
mb308.jpg
Also, found this while digging around in WNL1. We had no idea
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,252556.0.html

That was also my first tournament! The glorious coalition of WOLLFBRO!

Back when wolfpack was still massive and BRO still adhered to the rules of the BROshack.

Back
Top Bottom