Your Custom Troops?

Users who are viewing this thread

Custom troops are coming, I believe in 2.5 but the firmest quote I could find quickly was
Duh said:
Thats what the custom troops will be for :wink:
(if anyone has a better quote lemme know)

I don't know about you all but I'm unspeakably excited about it! Since before we were able to search through troop trees I've had in mind my ideal infantry and there for a while - version 2.2 I think it was - the Sarranids had a tier 5 to fit my needs. What I want to build for general purpose use is:

1h Axe/1h Spear - I'm diggin' the Ranger's or Fighting axes for this purpose and will likely provide those options plus maybe some type with a thrust feature. I want axes for shield-breaking. A separate promotion line would have spears for horse-gibbing. I haven't looked very closely to see which spears I'd prefer. Edit: just took a look and I want... Dark Jousting Lances!! lol, no, that'd be just silly...
Board Shield - Biggest one's I can find!
Crossbow - I favor these - especially for low-end troops - due to the damage:skill ratio required. Perhaps I will try to make a line of archers but doubtful.
Bolts - Duh.

Alternatively and just because I miss them I want to bring back Bardiche Infantry. Maybe pair them up with some glaive and halberd-wielders to make a truly frightening display of blades on sticks waving around. Lol, give the archers Shortened Military Scythes and Military Cleavers.

And you? What custom faction troops are you itching to create/resurrect?

There is already a great  bit of drop in code for adding recruitment of custom troops in villages http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,170992.msg4130576.html#msg4130576

and then its just adding troops with Morgh's warband tools which are fantastic
and the custom troops i use are

Polesman at arms
                                                /
                        /Vet spearman
                        /                      \
        /spearman                        Footman at arms
      /                \swordsman - Vet swordsman
Militia                 
      \                        /1st vet archer - mounted longbowman
        \          /archer
        skirmisher      \2nd Vet archer       
                  \                                      /Veteran hobliar
                  \                        /hobliar
                    \mounted raider            \Voltigeur
                                  \
                                  \
                                    \mailed raider - heavy plated raider
FOOT
milita- just a spear,shield and tunic
spearman- spear,shield and padded leather,helm
vet spearman- spear,shield,studded leather coif
swordsman- sword,shield,studded leather and coif
polesman at arms- voulge or glaive or poleaxe,mail shirt and bascinet
footman at arms- spear,shield,mail shirt and bascinet
vet swordsman- sword,shield,mail shirt and bascinet

BOWS
skirmisher-javelin or hunting bow,axe,fur shield,rawhide coat,hat
archer- nomad bow or short bow,axe,gambeson and helmet
1st vet archer-longbow or warbow,sword,mail shirt and helmet
2nd vet archer-longbow or warbow,sword,mail shirt and helmet(duplicate of first allows two units of archers for flanks)
mounted longbowman- pony,longbow or warbow,sword,studded leather and helmet(just for mobility on world map,fight dismounted)

HORSE
mounted raider- spear,javelin,fur shield,axe,rawhide coat or nomad armour,hat
hobliar-pony,aketon,lance,sword,helm and shield(light cavalry for running down routed enemies)
mailed raider-mail shirt,heavy lance,sword,bascinet,shield and destrier horse(heavy horse for charges snd enemy cavalry)
vet hobliar- pony,tabard and mail,lance,sword,shield and bascinet(upgraded light cavalry)
voltigeur- courser,light plate,lance,sword,small shield and open sallet(fast light lancers  for flank charge)
heavy plated raider-Destrier horse,plate armour,bastard sword,shield,full helm,jousting lance or great lance(top tier cavalry)

all units have boots of some kind and different types of mail shirts for mixed appearance
but that's just the way I like my units would like to hear opinions

mine would be like this:
  • recruit
    • spearman
      • swordsman
        • exp.swordsman
          • champion
          • berserker(2 hander)
        • knight
          • light knight
          • heavy knight
      • exp. spearman
        • vet. spearman
        • lancer
    • skirmisher
      • bowman
        • marksman
        • mounted bowman
      • xbowman
        • sharpshooter
        • mounted xbowman

:lol: :lol: :lol: omg *wipes tears* oh man, wow...

I'm like "I want axes and xbows!" and thinking I'm going to get similar responses and you guys are all
BarecGesh said:
WHUMP HUGEDETAILEDPOST!
and
Ikaguia said:
BAM LARGETHOUGHTOUTPOST!
and I'm over here too stunned to respond and thinking I'll just copy BarecGesh simply because of the sheer dominance of his post over mine, lol.

Excellent work fellas! Anyone else want to wiegh in? *ducks and covers*

Edit: I can see it now, more people post their custom troops on here and after a while people start talking about their troop trees and preferences.
1st forumite: Well, I prefer an Ogrecorpian advancement pattern because it provides effective ranged units earlier that aren't too shabby in defending themselves from encroaching cavalry.
2nd forumite: HAX! Everyone knows his troop tree is out of whack and gives way too powerful troops way too early! Everyone who knows anything knows the best balanced troop tree for all purposes is an Ikaguian one. Everthing ends up with two options except sword-wielders who have a wide enough selection to do the weapon options justice.
3rd forumite: Don't be a fool! By tier 3 a BarecGeshian tree has every option you could need including mounted whereas Ikaguia only provides a choice of ranged units and you have to wait another level for mounted units and then they are all OP!
Etc.
:grin:

Back
Top Bottom