XP needs substantial boost across the board; characters AND troops

Users who are viewing this thread

Main character is up to level 12 or 13 after quite a few hours in the campaign; I think this progression could be bumped up a bit for sure. Even worse though, none of my companions have gained a single level that whole time. Not one. This is extra problematic because many of their key skills, such as medicine, are currently capped so they are not advancing at all until I can add a focus point or Int point. Harrumph.

Troops also advance far, far too slowly. For example, I have nine or ten recruits that have been through several battles and still haven't leveled. Some of them even have a kill or two. That's just way too slow. This is even with "Raise the Meek," which doesn't seem to be doing much, if anything. Fixing this wouldn't make the player OP, because AI lords need a buff to their troop XP gain too. I constantly see stacks where close to 50% of their troops are Recruits. Fights would be a lot more interesting with a proper mix of mid- and high-level troops.

On a related note, I would be really happy to see some more interesting mercs in taverns. As it is, it's almost always Armed Traders. They look really weak so I never hire them. Could use a lot more variety and flavor in this area.

Main character is up to level 12 or 13 after quite a few hours in the campaign; I think this progression could be bumped up a bit for sure. Even worse though, none of my companions have gained a single level that whole time. Not one. This is extra problematic because many of their key skills, such as medicine, are currently capped so they are not advancing at all until I can add a focus point or Int point. Harrumph.

Troops also advance far, far too slowly. For example, I have nine or ten recruits that have been through several battles and still haven't leveled. Some of them even have a kill or two. That's just way too slow. This is even with "Raise the Meek," which doesn't seem to be doing much, if anything. Fixing this wouldn't make the player OP, because AI lords need a buff to their troop XP gain too. I constantly see stacks where close to 50% of their troops are Recruits. Fights would be a lot more interesting with a proper mix of mid- and high-level troops.

On a related note, I would be really happy to see some more interesting mercs in taverns. As it is, it's almost always Armed Traders. They look really weak so I never hire them. Could use a lot more variety and flavor in this area.
Read the beta patch notes, and try out the beta. The xp gain has been addressed, it's arguably a bit too much atm.
Also, you're able to level up your troops just on looters, up to t6 units, which is not how it was in past games.

Whatever the current patch is, 1.0.10 or whatever. And virtually never autocalcing. My first game I actually recall the green troops leveling quicker, but not these Vlandians. Only gotten a few to rank 3 before they eat dirt. Come to think of it, I started this game with Khuzaits, and they seemed to level at least decently. Maybe Vlandians need more XP for rank 2? Dunno. It is true I constantly see AI lords with tons of Recruits. There needs to be some degree of passive training like there was in WB.

Whatever the current patch is, 1.0.10 or whatever. And virtually never autocalcing. My first game I actually recall the green troops leveling quicker, but not these Vlandians. Only gotten a few to rank 3 before they eat dirt. Come to think of it, I started this game with Khuzaits, and they seemed to level at least decently. Maybe Vlandians need more XP for rank 2? Dunno. It is true I constantly see AI lords with tons of Recruits. There needs to be some degree of passive training like there was in WB.
You have to opt in to beta branch which is 1.1.0

The beta branch greatly addresses personal skills. It makes some improvements to the other skills for the troopers. Definitely a step in the right direction.

Play the 1.1 beta and level 30 in 2 hours at max.
Troops maybe need a little more boost on xp, but with the 1-2-3 tier medium xp boost per dar Perk you should be ok probably.

He in fact player level is so fast there than i think a ran into a bug... My character have 1030 of Smithing :p (300 is the max i think)
But yeh maybe i broke it playing with the dev console a bit.

there is something I noticed in the beta branch however I did some screwing around with stats to test out how units perform with the new combat ai formulae being based on stats and the thing I noticed is that only the primary skills of the companions are affected by the new formula. if you have a companion that doesn't start with skill in bow not only does it take significantly longer for that companion to level up bow. it actually ignores the stat formula completely and fires just as accurately at bow 1 as bow 250. also smithing ignores any experience modifiers applied through XML

Play the 1.1 beta and level 30 in 2 hours at max.
Troops maybe need a little more boost on xp, but with the 1-2-3 tier medium xp boost per dar Perk you should be ok probably.

He in fact player level is so fast there than i think a ran into a bug... My character have 1030 of Smithing :p (300 is the max i think)
But yeh maybe i broke it playing with the dev console a bit.

OId or new save? You shouldn't be hitting level 30 in 2 hours on a fresh save with Beta 1.1. But because of an xp calc oversight, you can definitely hit 30-4000 in less than 3 minutes on an old save, depending on how much XP you have banked, lol.

razorts without the xml XP boost my beta XP rates function normally for the skills that already leveled easy and the skills that were hard are just slightly easier (except smithing still takes about 4 hours real time and roughly 250 in game days to get maxed out with full focus)

Yeah the fact that lootes was litteraly the most precious ressources in all caldaria because you could do battle without losing a single men and they gave okay xp in auto resolve SHOULD indicate there is a probleme about training troops. Maybe an option to do some training (cost money and do simulated battle with training equipement ect ect ) to train them would be nice and make something to do when waiting for a real fight

The two xp perks for leadership are borked. They give a single value of xp per stack instead of xp per troop. So if you have 1000 sturgian recruits, the whole stack will get 30xp, for a total team xp growth of 30xp. If you have 1 sturgian recruit, 1 khuzait recruit, and 1 aserai recruit because they are 3 different stacks they will each get 30 xp, for a total team xp growth of 90xp.

The actual xp gain over time by players has been helped (they cut the total xp required for max level to 1/5 its previous amount) but it is still wildly insane with the amount of xp required. People are like "Oh its great, I can get to 100 now in a skill" without realizing 100 = 6% of the way to 275. This is the current curve for xp.

Notice that halfway to 275 is actually 215.

Back
Top Bottom