[WWC18] Discussion Topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aharo said:
Remember that we are testing new forms of gameplay and we want to look for the most interesting solutions in all fields. If you do not like it, let me know what you think about it after the first matches. Remember: it's just another idea.
Nonononoooo, please do not change the rules DURING the tournament

V1ncent said:
Nonononoooo, please do not change the rules DURING the tournament

Mainly we are aiming at getting some feedback. This is our first such large project in Warband and we want to extract as much information as possible to prepare for any future projects with the largest possible number of details worked out.

Therefore, we will definitely not surprise you with any major changes during this tournament.

I'm not in favour of limiting substitutions inbetween sets as it significantly limits the amount of playtime players will get, or rather it prevents team captains from balancing it out. Should your team make full use of the 10 players per roster, only 3 substitutions per map would mean that - given everyone turned up for the match - at least one player is garantueed not to play the first map. Especially now that you have reverted the format of ft3 back to the old bo5 it could mean that players have to wait a minimum of 10 rounds before they get to play.

Also following up on the match rule change, the additional flexibility of swapping players during a set could be a suitable counter-measure to the accumulating gold advantage of one team should they win 3 or 4 rounds back to back and will keep sets interessting until the last round.

My suggestion, in short, allow unlimited substitutions inbetween sets, and on top of that a total of 3 substitutions per map during sets. Obviously for each match respectively. I think this is what your rules initially read like and what most players could get behind.

Scar said:
I'm not in favour of limiting substitutions inbetween sets as it significantly limits the amount of playtime players will get, or rather it prevents team captains for balancing it out. Should your team make full use of the 10 players per roster, only 3 substitutions per map would mean that - given everyone turned up for the match - at least one player is garantueed not to play the first map. Especially now that you have reverted the format of ft3 back to the old bo5 it could mean that players have to wait a minimum of 10 rounds before they get to play.

Also following up on the match rule change, the additional flexibility of swapping players during a set could be a suitable counter-measure to the accumulating gold advantage of one team should they win 3 or 4 rounds back to back and will keep sets interessting until the last round.

My suggestion, in short, allow unlimited substitutions inbetween sets, and on top of that a total of 3 substitutions per map during sets. Obviously for each match respectively. I think this is what your rules initially read like and what most players could get behind.

praise thy words

Scar said:

That's why the gold gain was lowered by 25%

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Which I don't think is enough. I haven't looked at the exact maths, but I doubt this change delays the significant armor purchases for more than one round. It also doesn't address weapon pickups at all.

Scar said:
Hero_of_Ferelden said:
Which I don't think is enough. I haven't looked at the exact maths, but I doubt this change delays the significant armor purchases for more than one round. It also doesn't address weapon pickups at all.

From the matches I've played I haven't noticed people tanking up any more than usual. You have to also take into account that there's only 6 players per side, which means there's less people to kill and less gold to be earned. The increased amount of rounds over compensates for this, and so the 25% gold reduction evens it out a bit. However I think players should be rewarded more for kills and less for wins. 50% for a win and 100% for a kill.

Scar said:
Hero_of_Ferelden said:
I agree, with MIXTURA team we had a match that was quite close but still all 6 of us managed to get the red armour as swadia. The gold should be lowered by another 10 to 15% imo, this balances stuff out more.
The 75% gold is still too much for factions like Nords or Swadia.

Hero_of_Ferelden said:
From the matches I've played I haven't noticed people tanking up any more than usual. You have to also take into account that there's only 6 players per side, which means there's less people to kill and less gold to be earned. The increased amount of rounds over compensates for this, and so the 25% gold reduction evens it out a bit. However I think players should be rewarded more for kills and less for wins. 50% for a win and 100% for a kill.
Well my point is not more than usual, because ususal is already bad enough. Nords and Swadia, as Ciiges wrote, are still too strong. Therefore I'm arguing in favor of midset player subsitutions as an additional tool to counter the accumulating gold advantage for those factions. The good thing here is also that you don't award those who do not deserve to be awarded by playing around even more with the numbers, but only those who manage to come up with on the spot adjustments to their setups and (accordingly) style of play. Swapping players midset is not a guarantee to win the next round, only an opportunity.

P1Q3Q6.jpg

I think turkish players have some problem with these servers, i m not sure all turks but me and some of my friends get high pings these server.

Regarding the changes of players. After several discussions, we would like to issue an update. More precisely: during the game, each team has 3 changes available at each spawn. Between spawns/maps (in so-called breaks) changes are unlimited. We make such an amendment mainly because we should have informed you about such a strong gameplay change before the end of the team signups. We also want to apologize for rushing those changes and we hope that despite all this, we'll be able to draw some conclusions about the player changes during games for the future.

As for the gold bonus we will not change anything at this moment. We want to test this solution on a wider scale and we are going to think about this matter after the tournament.

Regarding the servers - please write which location you'd like and we will try to ensure that the servers will be located there.

Aharo said:
Regarding the changes of players. After several discussions, we would like to issue an update. More precisely: during the game, each team has 3 changes available at each spawn. Between spawns/maps (in so-called breaks) changes are unlimited. We make such an amendment mainly because we should have informed you about such a strong gameplay change before the end of the team signups.

Prohibiting teams from changing players mid-set is not a massive change, as that is a rule that's been used in nearly every recent tournament and is what most players are accustomed to. 

river village and frosthaven are too huge for the new format. flags spawning at 1.10 is too little to do anything really, rounds often end with draws or whoever is closer to the flag while it spawns can just jump on it and oftentimes just wins.

eRRoR13 said:
river village and frosthaven are too huge for the new format. flags spawning at 1.10 is too little to do anything really, rounds often end with draws or whoever is closer to the flag while it spawns can just jump on it and oftentimes just wins.

Flags spawn at 1:50 not 1:10

Aharo said:
eRRoR13 said:

my bad, the rules literally say it's 1.10. either way those maps still are too huge for 6v6

Cant say i dislike the changes for what they are since they certainly speed up the game as you guys intended. Its good to see new formats being tried out every once in a while, helps keep the scene healthy.

eRRoR13 said:
Aharo said:
eRRoR13 said:

my bad, the rules literally say it's 1.10. either way those maps still are too huge for 6v6

Dont know about that, have yet to see any Frost Haven flags type of cheese on this format. It just makes teams play more aggressively around the flag on open maps since you have less time to think, but nothing too extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom