WW 2 American Battlefield

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are aware that the Soviets where always facing at least 80% of the German army right?

And dont look down on the achievements of the commonwealth soldiers, they were probably the best troops the western allies had.

Omaha was only the worst beach to take becuase of monumental cock ups on part of the US commanders. First of all they refused to take some engineer tanks made by the British, these saved loads of lives on the Commonwealth beaches. Secondly they laucnhed the DD Shermans from WAY to far out, losing almost all before they hit the beach. If they had actually done some more thinking beforehand and listeneed to people who had experience in amphibious operations they might have taken less casualties.

Id keep China and that.. but just add more factions.. would be awesome.. like UK, US, French etc.

CrazyCocoK said:
So, this is related to the idea of creating a American version of this mod, how, exactly?

And, Desideratus, is that a Slime in your signature?

if you've read any of the past 17 pages, you'd know that this is nothing but a spam thread.

anyway, I didn't know that about canada, that's interesting. Just wondering, as part of the commonwealth, did Bermuda take any kind of part in WWII?

And yeah, now that I think about it, I guess an Armistace might have been the final result of America not getting involved. They'd probably be speaking German in Paris right now though....  :lol:

I've always thought the role the Soviets played in WWII is understated. I mean like you said, they defeated 80% of the German Army and captured Berlin. Don't get me wrong, I really, really don't like Stalin.
"In the Red Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance" -- Broseph Stalin

I doubt they would be speaking German in Paris, but instead of mon amis it would probably be mon comrade.

And if D-Day never happened I doubt Stalin would have even listened to the west at peace negotiations with Germany, especially with Roosevelt dead, Germany would have probably been completley Communist as would most have europe.

Doom Bunny said:
Why the Aleutian islands of course, other than that, nothing.
Would be an epic game setting. Alaskan soliders defending the little islands noone knows or cares about against the first invaders of American soil since the British of 1812. (< Is that right?)

Germans and (after them) British Soldiers where the best Soldiers in WW2

The Germans where (at the beginning of the war) highly trained ,warexperienced and had revolutionary tactics,strategies and command structures

The British Soldier's where  good trained ,and had many experience (somewhere in the colonies where war,everytime)
i think with the bulldog (Churchill, i like him) they had woned without help from USA the Britains would have Fight to the last Soldier.

PS: im not Briton

You know WillianBerne has done it almost himself except for some blades ,few guns and some maps.The majority is William's work.He is very busy.
I wish you can do it better ,but maybe I will wait for a long time.

olliewilliams01 said:
Just wondering, as part of the commonwealth, did Bermuda take any kind of part in WWII?

Bermuda was vital to the Allies' war effort during both world wars, serving as a marshalling point for trans-Atlantic convoys, as well as a naval
and air base.

In both World War I and World War II, Bermudians served in the British armed forces. Amongst the latter was Major-General Glyn Charles Anglim Gilbert, Bermuda's highest ranking soldier.

In 1940 the US asked if they could build an air field on Bermuda to which the British agreed on the condition it could be used by both parties.

Broman127 said:
Would be an epic game setting. Alaskan soliders defending the little islands noone knows or cares about against the first invaders of American soil since the British of 1812. (< Is that right?)

To my knowledge yes.

Oberst_Dave said:
The British Soldier's where  good trained ,and had many experience (somewhere in the colonies where war,everytime)
i think with the bulldog (Churchill, i like him) they had woned without help from USA the Britains would have Fight to the last Soldier.

PS: im not Briton

British Soldiers today are rated one of the best trained in the world.

For the last 250 years there has been a British Soldier fighting somewhere in the world I think we may have had a day off on armistice day at the end of WW2 but that's about it.

You know, one thing we haven't taken into account is the advancement of German technology. They had some pretty crazy projects going on, even late in the war. I doubt even the RAF could have stood up to jet fighters (fact: Nazi Germany developed the first jet fighter). Also, with the wealth of brilliant German scientists, it might not have been too long until the Nazis had an atomic bomb......

VERY interesting fact I've recently learned, Nazi Germany got the first manmade object into space. I know what you'll say, "No, the soviets did it with sputnik" but actually that was the first thing sent into space that could send back a signal. The Germans got a rocket out of the atmosphere during (or maybe right before) world war II. 

That is awesome about bermuda, I've gone there a few times, I love it there. So that's where the massive airfield comes from? I mean that airfield is an emergency landing point for the space shuttle, pretty impressive for a 20 square mile island.

the germans cancelled the atom bomb project very early
and germany also had no ressources anymore because UK blocked the whole sea

Please dont start with the Nazi A bomb rubbish, their chief scientist overestimated the mass of Uranium massivley, abotu 10X I believe, so they would never have tried to build one.

A lot of the German end war tech is VERy scary on paper, but in practice is jsut  not going to work. Much liek teh 1000 and 1500 ton tanks they designed.

that is not right
the german tchnology and scientists skyrocketed the american Science for years ahead

Long Range Missiles
Camera controlled missiles
Assault Rifle
Machine Guns
Blended-Wing-Body aircrafts
Jets :smile:
rocketplanes
Tanks
Shiptechnology (the bismarck was at her commissioning the best ship since her)
propelled airplanes
Medicinical Technology

and much more

75% of the american progress in science from the last 100 years is made from the german scientists (Operation Paperclip)

the problem for the germans was that they had not enough time
for Example the wasserfall rocket with with camera and wireless controll was in a test phase at the end of the war

Yes, a lot of the German tech was VERY advanced and revolutionary, but not really practical given the pressure they were under.

A possible expansion to this mod would be the Korean war, would allow for chinese vs western troops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom