ww 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
There is no mod :lol:

If you want something to do, Shalictar started a new mod and needs modellers. Just sayin' :razz:

Been there done that :wink:

Are you serious the mod is already over? Even a half arsed mod on WW 1 would be better then no mod... wait I retract that statement.

There was never a mod :lol:
One guy just posted an idea and instead of the usual flames, people started tossing in suggestions and ideas.
No one really volunteered to make it.

i am

SMLE

us issued revolver, done in like 10 seconds

lewis mg made in about a half an hour 20 min

PS: need uv mapper if anyone is intrested in ww1 mod

Lord Leoric of Wercheg said:
I'm interested.

So am I. And I'd like to see a historical accurate scenario - be it Eastern or Western front - of the Great War.

I'm not much of a designer, but as a passionate of history and a military history reenactor I could provide some useful information and pictures.

In the spoiler you'll find a Romainian WWI uniform (I'm wearing it)

no i tried to get members to uv map my models so i can skin and rig them ingame i never "tried" a total conversion just like a ww1 mini mod with few uniforms and weapons but no one wanted one, i just need members to uv map! someone was making a map of france, i asked him to do this, and he said he would do it if he saw uniforms and weapons ingame. i have been trying to do this. i have been learning to do this little bit by little bit, you know? like baby steps until i can manage to rig.

butscrew said:
Gzdnkh said:
wtf? ww1 was actually the war French fought in and Turks/Ottomans kicked British ass at Gallipoli so they must have existed. History books can't be that different, well apart from Russian.  :shock: And just disregard history in American movies, concentrate on boobs and special effects.  :grin:

*splutters* Sorry to bring this up when its so many pages back but it needs a reply.

The French and Commonwealth forces that fought in Gallipoli lost 220,000 men and the Turks lost 300,000 men. It wasn't that much of an ass kicking, but it certainly showed us what the Brits thought of their colonial allies, which is cannon fodder (its the reason the Australian and New Zealand governments wanted to distance their armies from the British generals in World War 2). Still we redeemed ourselves in France during the later years of the war and Tobruk in WW2. But Gallipoli was lost before it started due to insufficient planning on the behalf of the Brits and French.

Hell the ANZAC's were dropped on the wrong beach by British sailors. Anyway enough of that and I agree that boobs and special effects take precedence in all movies no matter what the genre (yes even kiddie movies need to keep us adults entertained with large exposed over 18 year old chests).

One more thing, is this mod still going? It would need a big map surely.

I've read my post  again and noticed why it was misunderstood. It should be:
"wtf? ww1 was actually the war French fought in. Turks/Ottomans kicked British ass at Gallipoli so they must have existed. (...)"

As to the French at Gallipoli, I've never known that part, thx  :wink:

what the Brits thought of their colonial allies, which is cannon fodder

... ugh, that's logical and rather obvious.

Still we redeemed ourselves in (...) Tobruk in WW2.

Well, Cartman brushed his teeth, didn't he? Full redemption.  :grin:

I disagree vith that lesson too  :shock: It just proves the point that every,none newb in this forum is.. well an *******

I meant the NONE newcomers are assholes,sure theyre stupid but thats no reason to rip on them like they spawned from hell or anything :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom