In Progress Worse performance since 1.5.7

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
I know I don't have a great rig but before 1.5.7 I could still play the game on low settings. Now it becomes virtually unplayable. Massive FPS lag in battles seemingly at random. The after battle screen slows to a crawl making the sound effects loop as if it is about to crash. It seems to be having difficulty loading the textures in. The loot screen is all kinds of painful to get through. The item icons take for ever to load, even the spinning icon to show its loading can't animate. When exiting the game it seems to hang for 1-2 minutes and just now seemed to even crash Steam. I don't know how you managed to make the game worse but you have.
I like the game but the performance is terrible.
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I've been having issues lately, with game stability. game would have intermittent framerate drops, longer than normal load screens, crashes usually followed the slowdowns.

I decided to watch my performance stats in task manager while playing. I noticed that during battles, in towns or tournaments, my cpu/gpu usage was fairly consistent; no problems. when I was in campaign map, my cpu/gpu usage would spike while the game was paused. the highest of these spikes would be when returning to the campaign map after a battle. 100% usage was fairly common. when traveling at normal or fast speed, my cpu/gpu usage would actually go down and remain steady, until i paused again.

Not sure if it's related to what's happening with Ramus, but hope it helps.

I know I don't have a great rig but before 1.5.7 I could still play the game on low settings. Now it becomes virtually unplayable. Massive FPS lag in battles seemingly at random. The after battle screen slows to a crawl making the sound effects loop as if it is about to crash. It seems to be having difficulty loading the textures in. The loot screen is all kinds of painful to get through. The item icons take for ever to load, even the spinning icon to show its loading can't animate. When exiting the game it seems to hang for 1-2 minutes and just now seemed to even crash Steam. I don't know how you managed to make the game worse but you have.
I've been having issues lately, with game stability. game would have intermittent framerate drops, longer than normal load screens, crashes usually followed the slowdowns.

I decided to watch my performance stats in task manager while playing. I noticed that during battles, in towns or tournaments, my cpu/gpu usage was fairly consistent; no problems. when I was in campaign map, my cpu/gpu usage would spike while the game was paused. the highest of these spikes would be when returning to the campaign map after a battle. 100% usage was fairly common. when traveling at normal or fast speed, my cpu/gpu usage would actually go down and remain steady, until i paused again.

Not sure if it's related to what's happening with Ramus, but hope it helps.
Can you switch to the telemetry build, test your performance and send TaleWorlds your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.

Can you switch to the telemetry build, test your performance and send TaleWorlds your data?
  1. Switch to “perf_test” from the Steam betas tab.
  2. Open the game as usual and proceed to the stage where there are performance issues
  3. Before the performance issues start, toggle the profiling tool by holding “right shift” and pressing the “t” key.
  4. Record for 20-30 seconds, press the toggle key combination again. Please keep in mind that, the more you record, the more upload time it will require.
  5. Find the "test.tmcap" file in the ‘\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client’ folder. You can find the "Mount & Blade II Bannerlord" folder inside Steam’s application library folder.
  6. Finally, upload the file to the "upload.taleworlds.com" site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. It is appreciated if you provide more information about your PC, what you were doing while the game was recording and your graphics configuration.
I'm not using the beta build, unless you're saying 1.5.7 is still in Beta but then what is 1.5.8? What you have asked me is what Taleworlds is supposed to be paying play testers for. Sorry but not my job to collate data for a company. I told you the issue I was having and that's where my help ends.

Hi, we are aware of these issues and working hard to fix them as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can revert back to your preferred version. Thank you for reporting it in and sorry for any inconveniences.

Back
Top Bottom