World War II Online

Users who are viewing this thread

Venitius

Count
Well I play this rather pricey MMOFPS, based during the Battle of France during 1940. Once again, Allied got trashed. The graphics aren't the best, but there'll be a new update including ragdolls and blood. So when that pesky 109 strafes you and 2 others as you charge up that road, your blood will decorate it along with yer corpses in weird positions so that the next person can run for cover. More info here.

I remember it used to be free.Its the only good ww2 warsimulator I know.
I also remember a video on youtube,where a bunch of germans captured a british person who surrendered to the.They putted him against a wall and volley-fired the **** out of him :mrgreen:

15 bucks for that? I don't think so...I mean, it doesn't look bad, and at first I though "Hey, it's 14 bucks, not that much..." but then, I realized it was a ****ing monthly subscription for it.

Venitius said:
Well I play this rather pricey MMOFPS, based during the Battle of France during 1940. Once again, Allied got trashed. The graphics aren't the best, but there'll be a new update including ragdolls and blood. So when that pesky 109 strafes you and 2 others as you charge up that road, your blood will decorate it along with yer corpses in weird positions so that the next person can run for cover. More info here.

I would've bought this a looong time ago if it wasn't a MONTHLY fee of 15$.

I used to play a long while ago, its fun as hell you but requires alot of patience.

i played the free trial and ended up quiting b/c i new i would never have it... :mad:....damn u 15$ a month! i played as german paratroopers and german snipers with a good amount of being a gunner in a plane...which was awesome..

LW all the way for me. Ah, the joys of boom and zooming idiots as they hamfisted trying to manover without paying any attention to their energy state.

Though rl and such limited the amount of time I could fly around, so I ended up unsubbing.

Still a good game as long as you can get past the graphics and you find a nice squad. At least in the LW you either flew with a team or you usually died to the horde of allied planes.

Fw190 and Bf110 for the wins. That is all.

True, it is a bit pricey, thanks to the Pound-Dollar rate it's just under £10. You need a lot of patience, especially as Allies. I have a decent squad, so that helps a bit too.

Planning on resubscribing sometime soon(once my shiny, new joystick hopefully arrives). 1.31 looks like it could be fairly interesting. Weather that varies would definitely make flying interesting, the fact it supposedly only reaches a certain alt, makes it nice because you can always fly above it. 

Preview for 1.31:
http://www.battlegroundeurope.com/index.php/component/content/article/10-production-notes/2968-v131-preview-upgrade-includes-variable-weather-and-rag-doll-physics

That and the fact I need to go mess around in the 110/F-B, fear the piggy for it will destroy all your spitfires in one pass. I can only hope we shall at some point have the 110/G-2 to play with. 30mms of win. And I miss the glory that is the Fw190....

I'm only interested in the clouds, the blood and the corpses, as a grunt on the ground I hate the flyboys.

Úlfheðinn said:
Venitius said:
I'm only interested in the clouds, the blood and the corpses, as a grunt on the ground I hate the flyboys.

Fw190/A4>109/G-2

Noes, while the FW-190 has higher speed, more armour and weapons the Bf-109 has one thing that absolutely out-classes the FW-190. Agility.

This is true, however the extra speed means you can dictate the terms of the engagement, in which case agility is less of a problem. As long as you do not try to make it a turning fight, you can use the roll rate of the fw190 along with its speed to a great advantage. Agility is only a problem if you try to turn(overly much) and scissors are your friends.

Trying to maneuver in the Fw190 is a no no.

The 109G at least in WWIIOL is far to anemic compared to the other same tier allied planes, so even its agility to me is less than useful. By this I mean that whilst it can turn better than the Fw190, it still is rather poor(agility wise) compared to the same tier allied planes, which results in its main advantage over the 190 going to waste.

How are the flight mechanics compared to, say, Aces High 2?

Not that it really matters I guess, since I wouldn't be able to play until I move and get a better connection.

Back
Top Bottom