World in Conflict will not remove itself from my computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Braxton

Sergeant
Someone please help me, I tried everything people have suggested, but everytime I try to remove the game to reinstall all I can do is modify current installation. The thing is that the game installs itself into the win32 folder. I cannot change this anyways even when I tried to do it through modify installation, but it does not give me the option. I have removed the game fully from win32 but it still appears there every time I install the game. I have not been given a chance to choose my install directory. Please I beg someone help me because I love this game so much  :cry:

already did, didnt work as it should... And I want to reinstall it so I can play it because I cant play it if it installs into windows..

How about declaring what you have done specifically? Instead of relying on our non-existent psychic abilities to detect what you have tried, why don't you tell us instead so we can save some time.

You have tried to uninstall it through the control panel?

Delete System32, World in Conflict creates that folder and you need to get rid of it for the uninstallation to work properly.

I think he wants to simply move the files from win32 (seriously, what the **** are they doing there in the first place?) to some more... fitting folder. But because Windows still sees the game as being installed, and uninstalling apparently don't work, he can only reinstall it, putting it back in it's retarded place.

At least that's what I understood so far.

Finally got the computer to forget about that install directory and those files, used ccleaner and not everything is working as supposed, also did a registry clean and got 20 gbs free!

I sometimes get this problem if I move the contents of the install folder to another folder. The uninstaller usually does not work after this as it seems to be location sensitive. However, reinstalling or modifying the installation to the same folder will usually fix this for me.

Had the same problem with RTW BI, the Total war forums admins were stumped.

There were no registry files left or any traces of the game, the computer refused to believe it was uninstalled.

Back
Top Bottom