Will you lose all hope if the next patch isnt HUGELY oriented towards MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

And the community is telling you that it worked great in Warband. It sounds like you just want CS:GO with swords, horses and bows. There are plenty of class based games which have been very successful and demonstrate that the system works. When classes get access to things they shouldnt have without needing to pay for it massive balance issues get created, especially in a gamemode with multiple lives. I am telling this to you point blank as a competitive Bannerlord player. Im not talking out of my arse here. The current loot system is one of the key design decisions keeping the game from being competitively viable. Its obvious im screaming at a CS:GO wall so Im not going to respond to you again.

no. the community is saying that a lot of people would prefer an equipment based system but the class based system is here to stay. i think it would be better to leave things in which defeat the class system. like being able to mount horses. if you think i want csgo with swords because that is one example i used, i mean first of all that's a nice strawman you constructed there, it would be a shame if anything happened to it. second of all, learn to read others opinions and give it their full consideration before moronically arguing.

zenimax literally ended up nerfing their own classes so that any class could fill any role in the interest of player satisfaction. they wanted a templar tank. or a sorc healer. and that's an mmo for crying out loud

Last edited:
Don’t understand all the sp dweebs that comes to the mp board to say how much they don’t care about mp. Mp players had such a strong community, 8-10 years of playing together easily! The devs said they wanted to focus on both equally, so to me that’s what matters. They never said sp was their only focus, it’s just the niche that the game fell into

there’s a reason Mp players **** on Sp, because they seem to not care for us at all and just wanna see it burn for some reason
Yeah, imagine taking the time to come say IDC, maybe I should do it for SP posts.
:roll:

no. the community is saying that a lot of people would prefer an equipment based system but the class based system is here to stay. i think it would be better to leave things in which defeat the class system. like being able to mount horses. if you think i want csgo with swords because that is one example i used, i mean first of all that's a nice strawman you constructed there, it would be a shame if anything happened to it. second of all, learn to read others opinions and give it their full consideration before moronically arguing.

zenimax literally ended up nerfing their own classes so that any class could fill any role in the interest of player satisfaction. they wanted a templar tank. or a sorc healer. and that's an mmo for crying out loud

Again, citing a totally irrelevant and uncomparable game. How can one compare games like CS:GO and TESO to Bannerlord, I do not understand. The classes allow for unique gameplay and while picking up things from the ground should be a thing, allowing any class to pick up a bow or saddle a horse creates big balance problems.

What exactly does your comparison to CS:GO show? CS:GO is not a class based game and the design is such, that just a few good shots can win you a round, doesn’t matter the equipment (though it has a big impact). Weapons are pickable because that’s the design and the devs counted with it from the start. Why would you restrict someone to pick up a weapon from the ground when they can buy it anyway? All it allows for in CS:GO is to get weapons if you happen to win an eco round.
In Bannerlord, that isn’t the case, you always spawn with the equipment you “customize” by picking a class and perks, this is not a medieval CS:GO, it’s not like every class has an option to buy 15 different bows and has the same playstyle or gameplay opportunities, options and mechanics like in CS, every class plays differently.

If you want a shooting medieval game, make one, strawman or not.

Again, citing a totally irrelevant and uncomparable game. How can one compare games like CS:GO and TESO to Bannerlord, I do not understand. The classes allow for unique gameplay and while picking up things from the ground should be a thing, allowing any class to pick up a bow or saddle a horse creates big balance problems.

What exactly does your comparison to CS:GO show? CS:GO is not a class based game and the design is such, that just a few good shots can win you a round, doesn’t matter the equipment (though it has a big impact). Weapons are pickable because that’s the design and the devs counted with it from the start. Why would you restrict someone to pick up a weapon from the ground when they can buy it anyway? All it allows for in CS:GO is to get weapons if you happen to win an eco round.
In Bannerlord, that isn’t the case, you always spawn with the equipment you “customize” by picking a class and perks, this is not a medieval CS:GO, it’s not like every class has an option to buy 15 different bows and has the same playstyle or gameplay opportunities, options and mechanics like in CS, every class plays differently.

If you want a shooting medieval game, make one, strawman or not.

I don’t want a medieval shooting game. I don’t want a medieval arcade game pretending to be competitive either.

The only time it would create big balance issues is if you’re only allowed a certain number of class types in your team composition. That in itself is a poor restriction to place on teams. Otherwise it literally doesn’t matter if I pick something off the ground or spawn in with it.

Unless I get the extra third spawn with peasant and pick up a bow or get on a horse. If that’s the single gameplay issue with allowing players to pick up weapons from the ground, wouldn’t it make more sense to raise the price or get rid of the peasant class altogether instead of nuking the gameplay?

Leaving in the option to use equipment on the ground is the least of bannerlord’s concerns tbh and changing that will only make it a worse game with absolutely zero positive impact. What you see as my fixation on cs is your failure of imagination on how to play team based competitive bannerlord.

The role I fill in a team is way less informed by my equipment or class selection and far more related to the actions I make in game. Stopping someone from getting on a horse or picking up a bow or twohander by hardcoding restrictions is nothing compared to coordinated teamwork. If you’ve ever played cs or arma or any competitive game you would know that and focus way less on what’s on the ground and what people can pick up.

6 peasants with nothing but rocks working together will absolutely demolish 6 cav or archers who aren’t.

The fact that I even need to explain that shows so much pvp scrubbiness. Individual skill/equipment/class/team comp is actually nothing in the face of a team who knows how to work together. That is the relevance of cs, arma, football, soccer, and any other team game. Get rekt

Last edited:
I don’t want a medieval shooting game. I don’t want a medieval arcade game pretending to be competitive either.

The only time it would create big balance issues is if you’re only allowed a certain number of class types in your team composition. That in itself is a poor restriction to place on teams. Otherwise it literally doesn’t matter if I pick something off the ground or spawn in with it.

No, it creates balance issues because it allows people with different classes to become tanky cavs or tanky archers by just picking up a weapon or getting on a horse. It does matter if you spawn with it, because you are limited by gold. Peasant also isn't the only class that has 3 spawns, you could easily spawn as a pretty tanky infantry and find a free horse or a bow and basically eliminate any class definition, becoming another class with better gear than you can get as the said class.

Leaving in the option to use equipment on the ground is the least of bannerlord’s concerns tbh and changing that will only make it a worse game with absolutely zero positive impact. What you see as my fixation on cs is your failure of imagination on how to play team based competitive bannerlord.

Your assumption, I disagree.

The role I fill in a team is way less informed by my equipment or class selection and far more related to the actions I make in game. Stopping someone from getting on a horse or picking up a bow or twohander by hardcoding restrictions is nothing compared to coordinated teamwork. If you’ve ever played cs or arma or any competitive game you would know that and focus way less on what’s on the ground and what people can pick up.

6 peasants with nothing but rocks working together will absolutely demolish 6 cav or archers who aren’t.

The role you fill in a team and actions you do are shaped by your class and equipment and are strongly supplemented by your knowledge and "skill" so again, I disagree.

Believe it or not, but I have played close to 3000 hours in competitive setting in Warband, pretty sure Calamity and Eb had played just as much time, I even played my deal of competitive games (in a team) in different games like Overwatch and CS:GO so I'd say I've had my competitive experience. You act like you know better than the people who argue with you, but you honestly have no idea how exactly these things affect the gameplay because you probably haven't played against people who abuse that to their advantage and are actually somewhat good.

The fact that I even need to explain that shows so much pvp scrubbiness. Individual skill/equipment/class/team comp is actually nothing in the face of a team who knows how to work together. That is the relevance of cs, arma, football, soccer, and any other team game. Get rekt

The fact that I even need to explain that shows how little you actually know about this franchise or even Bannerlord. Teamwork is for sure important, however, as I said before, your skill, equipment and team-comp shape your in-game actions and "strategies". EDIT: Not to mention that experience and skill directly influence your capabilities of teamwork.

I honestly don't mind you thinking something else, just don't go and argue with people who have spent close to a decade playing games competitively and tell them how wrong they are and how entitled you are to prove all of us wrong. Have fun voicing your opinion, you have a right to do so.

Last edited:
I honestly don't mind you thinking something else, just don't go and argue with people who have spent close to a decade playing games competitively and tell them how wrong they are.

How I feel. Except it's been 15 years across many different games at minimum. And somehow my opinion is irrelevant because I cited cs and didn't play competitive warband. It's not even just me really look at how team games are played and it's just super obvious that being able to pick up bows and mount horses if one wants to is literally a good thing. I don't need 3k hours in warband to see how one could get an advantage from picking up equipment they didn't pay for. It's obvious how that's an advantage.

I mean I am quite hopeful but as long as the next patch is for multiplayer. It has been quite some time since the last big patch and honestly, the need for big changes is huge. People like me have held out until now but I am on the edge of quitting this game if the next update isn't big. I mean, playing on the same maps with the same bugs and glitchy combat is now getting quite boring. If the next update isn't big I am going to stop playing until it gets good. At least with proper amounts of content and massive combat mechanic fixes.

Here's a friendly reminder that there are forum rules and basic etiquette, which I highly recommend you follow.
According posts have been dealt with.

Here's a friendly reminder that there are forum rules and basic etiquette, which I highly recommend you follow.
According posts have been dealt with.
So can we get this guy banned? I'm sure he deserves one for what he commented thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So can we get this guy banned? I'm sure he deserves one for what he commented thanks
We are not handing out bans, because people have different opinions. We are handing out warnings, if they fail to express them without common courtesy, and will issue bans if it's either extreme or very abundant.

If I were to request bans every time someone broke the rules, forums would be quite empty. Don't take things personal, don't engage in flaming and just press report and let moderation deal with it.

The option to pick up gear and mount horses is quite enjoyable and makes competitive Bannerlord quite fun and enhances gameplay. It also makes little to no sense to not be able to pick items up, classes that are not archers per se will not be as effective and receive according penalties, which is something you can balance quite effectively.

Last edited:

The option to pick up gear and mount horses is quite enjoyable and makes competitive Bannerlord quite fun and enhances gameplay. It also makes little to no sense to not be able to pick items up, classes that are not archers per se will not be as effective and receive according penalties, which is something you can balance quite effectively.

Except there are no penalties as of now.

Early morning EU time there is CURRENTLY 3 PEOPLE SERTCHING FOR A SIEGE 3 PEOPLE I REPEAT 3 PEOPLE

i hope they can save multiplayer

classes that are not archers per se will not be as effective and receive according penalties, which is something you can balance quite effectively.[/hr]

This is not what TW decided to do. There are no penalties for riding a horse or shooting a bow as a different class. This leads to all kinds of situations where somebody spawns in as a 120 gold archer and instantly loots their friends corpse and horse to become a 200g knight. Early round picks have completely lost their purpose when someone can spawn in again as a non-archer class and be in the exact same position with the same bow that they died holding a second ago.

This is not what TW decided to do. There are no penalties for riding a horse or shooting a bow as a different class. This leads to all kinds of situations where somebody spawns in as a 120 gold archer and instantly loots their friends corpse and horse to become a 200g knight. Early round picks have completely lost their purpose when someone can spawn in again as a non-archer class and be in the exact same position with the same bow that they died holding a second ago.

I really think it would be a much bigger deal if there weren’t the flags to deal with. I think less about the cheese situations than I do about situations like when it’s late in the round and that bow, two-hander, or horse looks like a good answer to the 2 or 3 enemies at the cap point. Or even just using a horse chilling nearby as a quick transport to the cap point after respawning. There isn’t enough time to go on a scavenger hunt but if there’s something at your feet that would help then it would be a shame if unable to use it.

Personally I typically pick the cheapest unit I can get away with early round so it’s the mid round picks that are more important and I always have enough to pick anything after I get killed.

I like seeing the enemies go for empty cavs, it gives an opportunity to shoot at them or hit them if you’re close enough.

Last edited:
There is a lot of training involved to be proficient in different classes. While pretty much everybody could pick up a hunting bow or ride a palfrey, using a long bow or riding a trained war horse needed hours of daily training.

Most people wouldn't be strong enough to draw a long bow and hold it steady, and hopping on a war horse would probably get you killed. That'd be like going from shooting a .22 to a 50 cal sniper rifle, or riding an electric scooter to a Kawasaki Ninja H2R.

I'd be ok if peasants could pick up a bow, but they should have no aim and very little power. And with horses they could ride a low tier horse, but awkwardly, and if they try mount a war horse they should get bitten, bucked off then kicked in the head.

Except there are no penalties as of now.
Not naturally equipped with bow: Less accurate
Not naturally equipped with horse: slower, less agile
Noit naturally equipped with throwing weapons: less accurate, little less damage

Easy enough to implement, easy to anticipate by logic and still makes looting gear a viable choice and element of skirmishes.
We're not there yet, but that's the way it should go.

Comparing CSGO to Bannerlord is stupid. The games have nothing in common so stop using it as an example. And if you guys want to use it as an example for esports, I am sorry to disappoint you but Bannerlord will never be close to an esports game. Warband actually had more esports potential.

And just to clarify, the reason CSGO system would never work on BL is because the three classes in BL have COMPLETELY different play styles and purposes in a game. Giving them the possibility to take any gear or any horse just ruins the only small amount of depth this game has. People who barely cared about the comp scene in Warband (TW) created a comp mode on their own and thought it would be a total success. Except that a game without depth, skilled based gameplay cannot be a good esports.

This game doesn’t have any potential for esports anymore. Not only do the devs don’t know how to do it but also the actual esports players would rather play an ACTUAL esports game

Don’t understand all the sp dweebs that comes to the mp board to say how much they don’t care about mp. Mp players had such a strong community, 8-10 years of playing together easily! The devs said they wanted to focus on both equally, so to me that’s what matters. They never said sp was their only focus, it’s just the niche that the game fell into

there’s a reason Mp players **** on Sp, because they seem to not care for us at all and just wanna see it burn for some reason

Oof... someone's feelings got hurt. That's okay.

So don't visit the MP forums and crap on people who actually care about it.

SP forums have good company and plenty of players: https://steamcharts.com/app/261550
The great majority of Bannerlord players are playing the campaign. Kinda like the last game except they blew a great opportunity.

Look at the streams at the top and tell me how many are streaming multiplayer? lol

Are you actually telling me what to do? lol I'm not "posting crap". I'm simply saying that Taleworlds should focus on the meat of the game: SinglePlayer rather than focusing on Multiplayer. Many bad reviews are due to SinglePlayer Experience... not so much multiplayer. I've played multiplayer a few times and yeah its ok... but it's really not that interesting. Can have similar/better experiences on Mordhau.

Back
Top Bottom