Will there be New Formations?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was wondering about the formations of the game because there are curently none in mount and blade single player.

Also i was thinking maybe they could apply unit formations...like what they do in Medeval total war were you can have box formations of 40 men controlled by 1 of your companions and through a seperate screen(ex the very first ghost recon used a seperate screen that would pause the game momentarily so that you can order group alpha to attack some point and tell bravo to hold another.) instead of have 1 gigantic single line of about 120 men. How about they split that 120 men into 3 groups of 20 men across and 5 men columns(20x5). i think this would up the strategy used on the battle field because medeval warfare was ALL about the strategy!

i really hope they will improve this in warband. I love it when you manage to win in numerical disadvantage because of great tactic. This already is possible in m&b but it can always be better, and I agree that the troop formations is something missing.

You seem to be able to name groups (when I press 8 it says 'Unnamed group 3 Hear me!') and I think there are like 8 of these groups. Also the feature list said that there will be formations added, so yes.

Arch3r said:
You seem to be able to name groups (when I press 8 it says 'Unnamed group 3 Hear me!') and I think there are like 8 of these groups. Also the feature list said that there will be formations added, so yes.

Oic

the companion one sounds tight aha

Arch3r said:

honestly when you get to the point of having 150 men+ with battle sizer its just an endless line of men and you mentioned you said you saw command call for a group but i dont see how thats possible to arrange your men into groups when you can only call "infantry Hear me! or Cavalry Hear me!...or is what you said for the new warband single player

inter17 said:
Arch3r said:

honestly when you get to the point of having 150 men+ with battle sizer its just an endless line of men and you mentioned you said you saw command call for a group but i dont see how thats possible to arrange your men into groups when you can only call "infantry Hear me! or Cavalry Hear me!...or is what you said for the new warband single player
Yes thats for the new Warband. I'm in the beta.

Back
Top Bottom