Will the Smithing perk tree be finally finished for the release?

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
Right now, the only remaining skill tree that remains (mostly) unchanged since the EA release of the game is smithing. Most perks don't have any secondary effects. Will the skill tree be finally revamped for the release of the game in 26th October?

They can remove it and replace it with something useful for all I care
kind of how I feel about the entire smithing system

it might as well just be something you access from the main menu, save your custom design, and then just "order" it from a dialog in-game in subsequent campaigns

kind of how I feel about the entire smithing system

it might as well just be something you access from the main menu, save your custom design, and then just "order" it from a dialog in-game in subsequent campaigns

Yeah, the ordering system people suggest is much more interesting.

Right now, the only remaining skill tree that remains (mostly) unchanged since the EA release of the game is smithing. Most perks don't have any secondary effects. Will the skill tree be finally revamped for the release of the game in 26th October?
Smithing has always been a vestigial limb in Bannerlord. It's a quirky mini-game they apparently threw in at the last minute.

I think it's okay as is. At least progression is decent now (albeit a bit grindy) rather then simply unlocking random parts, which was absolutely terrible. Smithing in earlier patches was a literal cheat code for money; being able to make javelins so easily for so much money. Granted you work through smithing enough, it basically becomes the money printer skill yet again.

I'd have like to seen the ability to create armor, but given weapon ingredients aren't very well balanced I would not hold my breath for any kind of changes.

What secondary perks would you add to smithing anyways? Armor/Damage boosts? Workshop boosts?

TBH I really don't care for the secondary perks as they aren't very well balanced. Many are flat out useless (especially Governor perks for Player Character) or are ridiculously broken. To be fair to Taleworlds many larger, more established studios eff up Skill Trees all the time. Mostly just wish there wasn't stuff like "2% Swing Speed increase for One-Handed" freaking useless.

Accept smithing for what it is, any prospect of a serious overhaul is long gone. If you want a more robust smithing system probably going to have hope for some kind of mod. Know there's a few out there, but other then the larger mod projects I think most interest in the base game is shriveling up at this point.

Smithing has always been a vestigial limb in Bannerlord. It's a quirky mini-game they apparently threw in at the last minute.

I think it's okay as is. At least progression is decent now (albeit a bit grindy) rather then simply unlocking random parts, which was absolutely terrible. Smithing in earlier patches was a literal cheat code for money; being able to make javelins so easily for so much money. Granted you work through smithing enough, it basically becomes the money printer skill yet again.

I'd have like to seen the ability to create armor, but given weapon ingredients aren't very well balanced I would not hold my breath for any kind of changes.

What secondary perks would you add to smithing anyways? Armor/Damage boosts? Workshop boosts?

TBH I really don't care for the secondary perks as they aren't very well balanced. Many are flat out useless (especially Governor perks for Player Character) or are ridiculously broken. To be fair to Taleworlds many larger, more established studios eff up Skill Trees all the time. Mostly just wish there wasn't stuff like "2% Swing Speed increase for One-Handed" freaking useless.

Accept smithing for what it is, any prospect of a serious overhaul is long gone. If you want a more robust smithing system probably going to have hope for some kind of mod. Know there's a few out there, but other then the larger mod projects I think most interest in the base game is shriveling up at this point.
When I saw weapon designing as a feature in 2016, I thought it was going to be like commissioning weapons, not actually making them. I thought well maybe Ill give the blacksmith several thousand denars to forge me a nice sword by my design. I wasnt expecting this weird grindy minigame.

If they ever implement paying a smith for the weapon, I tell you NO ONE will bother with smithing anymore. It will be only used by a few people who want to make some money out of it. Which is okay, but the amount of time and resources spent "bucketing water out of the sinking boat" that is smithing, makes me think of how much they couldve achieved instead of doing constant rebalancing of this project

If they ever implement paying a smith for the weapon, I tell you NO ONE will bother with smithing anymore. It will be only used by a few people who want to make some money out of it. Which is okay, but the amount of time and resources spent "bucketing water out of the sinking boat" that is smithing, makes me think of how much they couldve achieved instead of doing constant rebalancing of this project
the thing about smithing is that it's used by the game engine - every melee weapon in the game is assembled using the same code that powers smithing - so 99% of the work put into the smithing system would've happened either way

the thing about smithing is that it's used by the game engine - every melee weapon in the game is assembled using the same code that powers smithing - so 99% of the work put into the smithing system would've happened either way
Im talking about stamina, part unlocking patterns, crafting orders, smithing perks, balancing etc. Weapons and their designs by themselves are understandably a core function. However, it could have been done as a payable service from the start - you pay a blacksmith to make a weapon that you design. Thats great, intuitive and close to the player as well as immersive. However they spent a LOT of time fidgeting with "smithing" as something the player does - including all of the above mentioned things. It should have been left as a post-release feature

I would prefer to have one design per culture for each weapon category with levels of quality from poor iron to finest damascus. This anachronistic clutter of components we have now is ridiculous.....and pommels..POMMELS EVERYWHERE 🤦🏻‍♂️

I'll be happy if they can just fix the big stupid gap between the blades and the handles. It ruins everything that's cool about making your own custom weapons when the blade is just floating in the air. Two and a half years and it's still not fixed.

Back
Top Bottom