Will DirectX 12 come to Bannerlord?

Users who are viewing this thread

I know it's not the right time to ask but are you planning (considering or even thought) implementing DirectX 12 on the game when EA is over or further time ?

I think it will affect the performance positively by allowing multiple CPU threads to communicate GPU at the same time.

And maybe Ray-Tracing? I know Bannerlord is not a kind of game to implement ray tracing since there will be many performance problems because of the game's structure, maybe you considered low-level RT?

They would need to optimize to DX11 first lol.

But yea, DX12 and HDR is something that would benefit the game tremendously.

RT would be nice but to be honest not that as desirable to me as DX12 and HDR. And I have 2080Ti.

Most games that I own and support DX12 are generally unusable or acting up with DX12.

To this day, I've not seen anything truly shining with DX12 and even DX11.

In theory it should be great but most games seem to do a terrible job with implementing and using it correctly.

Most games that I own and support DX12 are generally unusable or acting up with DX12.

In theory it should be great but most games seem to do a terrible job with implementing and using it correctly.
I kinda agree, you see no difference on visuals and some game's performance. But I saw its effects on few game's performance on my computer. Bannerlord could be a good example of taking advantage of DX12 because both CPU and GPU are so much important than some other games. I monitored my hardware while playing Bannerlord and my first Cpu Thread is used around %76, and the rest 11 threads are used around %45~50. But as I said before I cannot know better than devs, just guessing.

Well yes, ultimately dx12 has failed the gaming industry in many ways, which resulted in poor adoption and the few patchy-jobs who shoved dx12 ino their games did so... to debatable result. And it won't really get better as people move to vulkan instead as paving way into the future. But then I don't see dx12 fixing a lot of stuff magically in m&b, but taking loads of work to make it work.

It would be better to implement Vulkan if they do it. Both APIs want the same but Vulkan is platform independent and results in better performance in most cases.

Most performance problems are not caused by DX11. But a low-level-API would free up more CPU time and that would be big for this game. At least in battles my GPU is scratching its balls whilst my CPU ist trying desperately to keep the units moving :grin:

It would be better to implement Vulkan if they do it. Both APIs want the same but Vulkan is platform independent and results in better performance in most cases.

Most performance problems are not caused by DX11. But a low-level-API would free up more CPU time and that would be big for this game. At least in battles my GPU is scratching its balls whilst my CPU ist trying desperately to keep the units moving :grin:

For me it's the complete opposite. My 9900K is falling asleep but my ancient GTX970 is gasping for air.

And yes. Vulkan is hopefully the future but I feel like M$ will still be doing anything in their power to keep their gimmick alive.

For me it's the complete opposite. My 9900K is falling asleep but my ancient GTX970 is gasping for air.

And yes. Vulkan is hopefully the future but I feel like M$ will still be doing anything in their power to keep their gimmick alive.
Oh really?
Interesting. In a 500vs500 Custom Battle my CPU (7700k)is pinned and my GPU (1080TI) is at ~50%. I got roughly 50 FPS with everything max.
Many of the pathfinding bugs that they fixed improved my FPS but its still the CPU that is bottleing my system at least.
But a 9900k and a 970 is a odd and not soooo balanced pair :grin:

Oh really?
Interesting. In a 500vs500 Custom Battle my CPU (7700k)is pinned and my GPU (1080TI) is at ~50%. I got roughly 50 FPS with everything max.
Many of the pathfinding bugs that they fixed improved my FPS but its still the CPU that is bottleing my system at least.

Well, yes... I mean, it's a long story why I'm still on that card but I can talk about it.

Current price to performance balance when it comes to the cards that are out now should be a good giveaway why I'm still on my 970. Hindsight is 2020 obviously and I wish I would've grabbed a 1080Ti back then but I was short on funds around that time, the mining craze didn't help with availability later on and I don't buy used hardware as a general rule of thumb.

And right now... I'm neither satisfied what Red or Green have to offer and felt like just waiting for what comes next... and then Corona hit.

I certainly don't seem to get a break when it comes to finally retiring my 970. :xf-cry:

Ah well. At least now I'm sitting on a giant pile of funds that should allow me to grab whatever comes next including a new fitting display. If stuff doesn't get worse with the current situation in the world that is.

Oh really?
Hey, m&b can run my 1950x (16c/32t, OCd to 4ghz) at 70% capacity in big battles, so bottlenecking on 9900k doesn't surprise me as that's half the power.

Hey, m&b can run my 1950x (16c/32t, OCd to 4ghz) at 70% capacity in big battles, so bottlenecking on 9900k doesn't surprise me as that's half the power.
Uhm I got the size set to 1000 and it's only my ancient GTX970 that is causing the performance issues due to general not being up to snuff anymore and obviously it's low VRAM where 500mb's are trash and NVidia faced lawsuits due to it.

Tested it already with a buddies RTX2070 Super because I almost caved and upgraded but came to my senses and rather wait for what's coming up. :grin:

Yeha. But pRax was saying on his System his GPU was bottlenecking. Wich is logical if you see a 9900k with a 970 :grin:
I think Bannerlord does a really good job with utilizing everything your system has. If they fix the performance relatet bugs and optimize a bit this game should run great! It already does for a EA game with this ****ing cool huge battles.

Uhm I got the size set to 1000 and it's only my ancient GTX970 that is causing the performance issues due to general not being up to snuff anymore and obviously it's low VRAM where 500mb's are trash and NVidia faced lawsuits due to it.

Tested it already with a buddies RTX2070 Super because I almost caved and upgraded but came to my senses and rather wait for what's coming up. :grin:
Yes. But even with the 500mb slow ram, the 970 was a good card.

Im also waiting for the new hardware. With my 1080 i could easily skip the 2000er cards from NV. But now im pretty excited what the 3000er bring to the table. If the 3080TI or whatever its called is good, i get this with a new CPU. CPU whatever is good at that date.

BtT
I still think most user have a CPU bottleneck. So a low-level-API is a good idea but possibly not a priority for now. It seems they want to first get a good game in EA together :smile:

I think people are conflating some issues here.

DX12 advantage for Bannerlord is probably the need to multi-thread certain functions - specifically AI, individual behavior. This is mostly CPU bound process. DX12 does this better than DX11.

The graphic demand, the visuals, are mostly GPU bound.

Regarding stuttering, hard to say. Since the reports have different configurations and many don't mention resolution settings, I would guess this is more of a bug and optimization issue than a Direct X platform or lack of GPU power.

Back
Top Bottom