Why not add penalty to TAB - retreat tactics

Users who are viewing this thread

I find that if I use TAB to retreat from battlefield, I will not be punished.
so I usually find some people said They used this tactic to defeat many powerful enemies。
so I think we should add some penalty to TAB-retreat tactics
for example, There will be deserters or casualties, or we would be demoralized...

Not in the current state of the game that's for sure. Right now TAB retreating helps a lot to escape such situations as 600 vs 600 inside of the castle, instead of assaulting the city itself. Lack of player's inventory (the small chest from Warband, where you could choose your equipment before the fight begins) is also compensated by the possibility to retreat and choose the needed equipment on the map (for example, I do not need a spear during the siege battle and in case I've forgotten to change it before the battle - I can do it via TAB.

I'd say, the best way to add penalty to TAB retreat is to add some penalty if player retreats after some sufficient time from the start of the battle. E.g. if you've forgotten to change your equipment - you may retreat as soon as the battle starts without any penalty. But if you retreat in the middle of the battle - than a penalty should be added.

It can be useful if you spawn into a map that's complete **** to play on, which I hope they get removed SOMEDAY and only the wide nice maps remain. Also for other problems that can occur too and is a good thing to have in EA version of game. I'm sure something will be changed eventually but for now there are at least 100 more important thing to be fixed or added to the game.
Keep in mind in Warband you can go to the edge of the map and exit without penalty as often as you wish. If you've had a high kill/loss ratio you will even get a +moral boost. If you've taken many losses however you will get moral drop..... but who would take heavy losses? NOT ME!

It's a single player game, just have some self-discipline. Currently this feature save good half of bugged sieges for me.

Not in the current state of the game that's for sure. Right now TAB retreating helps a lot to escape such situations as 600 vs 600 inside of the castle, instead of assaulting the city itself. Lack of player's inventory (the small chest from Warband, where you could choose your equipment before the fight begins) is also compensated by the possibility to retreat and choose the needed equipment on the map (for example, I do not need a spear during the siege battle and in case I've forgotten to change it before the battle - I can do it via TAB.

I'd say, the best way to add penalty to TAB retreat is to add some penalty if player retreats after some sufficient time from the start of the battle. E.g. if you've forgotten to change your equipment - you may retreat as soon as the battle starts without any penalty. But if you retreat in the middle of the battle - than a penalty should be added.

Warband did that right by killing some of your troops if you let the enemy get close enough, I think. And yes, it would be nice to have the chest back.

If i don't remember wrong, in warband you take a hit on your renown if you run away from a battle...

As far as I know, only in mods (PoP comes to mind).

In Warband you could also lose health and your troops could be wounded.
Not if you haven't got close to the enemy (good to reset the map if it's bad) or if you bring all troops away from enemy to edge of map and choose "leave area".
Particularly good in sieges when you've run out of ammo.
If i don't remember wrong, in warband you take a hit on your renown if you run away from a battle...
I don't know, I don't exactly run away in warband, I just re-set the fight with full ammo and not have to deal with reinforcements spawning in inconvenient places.

Waht a sec, we can retreat and dont lose the battle and be autocaptured?!?
Dear GOD , i never tried.

Waht happens?
So if you TAB in battle, all your remaining Troops leave the battle and surivie and you just walk of?!?

Waht a sec, we can retreat and dont lose the battle and be autocaptured?!?
Dear GOD , i never tried.

Waht happens?
So if you TAB in battle, all your remaining Troops leave the battle and surivie and you just walk of?!?
No, you can just start the battle again, but if you killed a few enemy soldiers, the number of troops will be updated accroding to that. So, lesser enemy troops - higher chance for your troops to survive if you decide to "Try to get away". But also you can start the fight again and all you ranged weapon ammo will be restored.

If you don't like it, then don't use it, unless the idea that others might exploit the tab/retreat to gain unfair advantages really agitates you. To me, i only use it when the the battle is spawned on a really ****ty map.

I should use it whenever I spawn in the keep during sieges. I'd rather enjoy myself scaling walls and shooting archers hiding behind merlons than be cramped into a pile of hot sweaty men in one room.

Back
Top Bottom