Why does the server restart itself after every round?

Users who are viewing this thread

JimmyCakes

Regular
After a round ends the "custom" server in the browser kicks everyone out and they have to manually rejoin. This kills the server. Can we have a server with a map rotation/map vote that let's us continue to play please.

They mentioned they are working on something that doesn't kick you but we got nothing yet. I wonder why we didnt get that at the start considering warband already has it though, its as if they forgot how to do it but perhaps there's more complexity to this new engine than I realize

The problem of the kicking out of the server after the match is over, has been unfixed since...I don't know...since 0.3.0 of the 2019 closed beta? It seems that everything was written back then... the rain clouds were already visible on the horizon... combat and block delays... lack custom servers... premade classes... balance... modes... and a long etc...that has brought us together here.

giphy.webp

I assumed it was just a problem with match making, for the last month or so I've been joining Siege servers through the browser and only started to question why it kicks everyone.

The problem of the kicking out of the server after the match is over, has been unfixed since...I don't know...since 0.3.0 of the 2019 closed beta? It seems that everything was written back then... the rain clouds were already visible on the horizon... combat and block delays... lack custom servers... premade classes... balance... modes... and a long etc...that has brought us together here.

giphy.webp
has anything changed since the 2019 closed beta?

Only through the server browser, match making has basically stopped working because people don't use it and luckily in the last month TaleWorlds opened up a custom siege server so it actually fills up with 60 people

has anything changed since the 2019 closed beta?

To deny that the game has made progress since then would be to deny the evidence. For example, that "combat system" back then, has nothing to do with the one we have today; even though the latter is not in the best condition...imo.
In spite of this, the fixing pace is not what we would all like. And then there are the "design" decisions... such as the implementation of the crushthrought without anyone asking for it and with a rejection by a vast majority of players... But we have already talked about this at length on numerous occasions...amongst others.

And all that together causes a lack of interest for tedium; a faithful reflection in the amount of population in MP.

To deny that the game has made progress since then would be to deny the evidence. For example, that "combat system" back then, has nothing to do with the one we have today; even though the latter is not in the best condition...imo.
In spite of this, the fixing pace is not what we would all like. And then there are the "design" decisions... such as the implementation of the crushthrought without anyone asking for it and with a rejection by a vast majority of players... But we have already talked about this at length on numerous occasions...among others.

And all that together causes a lack of interest for tedium; a faithful reflection in the amount of population in MP.
Whats increasingly worrying is that according to callum we are on track to full release (march of next year) That puts us around 60% through beta currently. When you think about the amount MP has developed this is bad news, we don't have a single fully functioning gamemode, The class system is being ignored by taleworlds, likely because even they have no idea how to fix it yet the higher ups refuse to acknowledge it wont work for Multiplayer, combat still isnt there yet, the amount of maps is lacking and even if we do get scening tools soon, we have no idea when we will have custom servers to be able to actually play them. I think what this all comes down to is a lack of respect for the player base that has been playing the previous game for all these years, as you said on so many occasions we have told them we dont want this thing (such as crush through or the class system) but they have completely ignored us and then when they realize things aren't working they go silent and avoid the issue completely. I honestly cant believe sometimes that this game has been in development for a decade and even with alpha and beta testers we are far behind in many way that warband already had succeeded

Who I feel the worst for in all of this are the developers who know whats going on, who know what needs to be done it fix the major issues but they cant do anything because the ones making the decisions in taleworlds do not care for MP or know what made it so good in warband. So now the competent developers are stuck between angry customers like me (sorry) and incompetent leaders

Whats increasingly worrying is that according to callum we are on track to full release (march of next year) That puts us around 60% through beta currently. When you think about the amount MP has developed this is bad news, we don't have a single fully functioning gamemode, The class system is being ignored by taleworlds, likely because even they have no idea how to fix it yet the higher ups refuse to acknowledge it wont work for Multiplayer, combat still isnt there yet, the amount of maps is lacking and even if we do get scening tools soon, we have no idea when we will have custom servers to be able to actually play them. I think what this all comes down to is a lack of respect for the player base that has been playing the previous game for all these years, as you said on so many occasions we have told them we dont want this thing (such as crush through or the class system) but they have completely ignored us and then when they realize things aren't working they go silent and avoid the issue completely. I honestly cant believe sometimes that this game has been in development for a decade and even with alpha and beta testers we are far behind in many way that warband already had succeeded
Who I feel the worst for in all of this are the developers who know whats going on, who know what needs to be done it fix the major issues but they cant do anything because the ones making the decisions in taleworlds do not care for MP or know what made it so good in warband. So now the competent developers are stuck between angry customers like me (sorry) and incompetent leaders

As a consumer you have every right to complain and I agree with everything you say except for the disrespect. I would say that it all boils down to misunderstanding the target (player base-> what wants), bad decisions and a lack of accurate communication. To sum up...(I have commented this countless times) Taleworlds wanted to reinvent the wheel and unilaterally decided what is fun for the player and what is not. All this added to important decisions that have gone in 180º of the interests of the vast majority of the player base crumbling the skeleton where once was erected warband and was constituted in the game that is now; we have a game put in intensive care unit.

Certainly, the devs are working their asses off; but I fear that at the moment when the great vision of the game that Bannerlord is supposed to become, there is no interest from the player to discover it.

As a consumer you have every right to complain and I agree with everything you say except for the disrespect. I would say that it all boils down to misunderstanding the target (player base-> what wants), bad decisions and a lack of accurate communication. To sum up...(I have commented this countless times) Taleworlds wanted to reinvent the wheel and unilaterally decided what is fun for the player and what is not. All this added to important decisions that have gone in 180º of the interests of the vast majority of the player base crumbling the skeleton where once was erected warband and was constituted in the game that is now; we have a game put in intensive care unit.

Certainly, the devs are working their asses off; but I fear that at the moment when the great vision of the game that Bannerlord is supposed to become, there is no interest from the player to discover it.
I honestly don't see bannerlord MP ever recovering under current lead developers, personally the way they are avoiding the major faults such as the class system or smaller ones like the crush through despite the majority being very vocal about not wanting them IS disrespectful and It warrants some resentment from the consumers.

I honestly don't see bannerlord MP ever recovering under current lead developers, personally the way they are avoiding the major faults such as the class system or smaller ones like the crush through despite the majority being very vocal about not wanting them IS disrespectful and It warrants some resentment from the consumers.

I understand you bro...We as a Community have done everything in our hands (and some of us (masochist) are still doing it); both to give an opinion and to give honest feedback. What Taleworlds is going to decide to do with that feedback and the subsequent decisions that result from it, are beyond our control. After all, it is their product, and we as a community/consumer can only keep or stop consuming it.

I understand you bro...We as a Community have done everything in our hands (and some of us (masochist) are still doing it); both to give an opinion and to give honest feedback. What Taleworlds is going to decide to do with that feedback and the subsequent decisions that result from it, are beyond our control. After all, it is their product, and we as a community/consumer can only keep or stop consuming it.
We can do a bit more than that too though, at the very least we can do what we are doing now, being vocal about the problems and possibly warding off any potential buyers who might now be aware of the issues in development. What frustrates me is seeing the steam reviews for the game, since the first day of launch so many people gave the beta a positive review blinded by the hypetrain after almost a decade of waiting. Then in the following weeks the population drastically decreased and is decreasing still especial on the multiplayer side. That just makes things so misleading for the consumers who look at games such as Reddead2 who were also rated similarly whilst the quality is completely different and buy. I feel like the hypetrain really shot us in the foot espcialy for the multiplayer community because it lets Taleworlds off the hook for the way its developing this game. I'm sure though if we don't start seeing change now 60% through beta taleworlds might actually start listening to the dedicated warband playerbase

We can do a bit more than that too though, at the very least we can do what we are doing now, being vocal about the problems and possibly warding off any potential buyers who might now be aware of the issues in development. What frustrates me is seeing the steam reviews for the game, since the first day of launch so many people gave the beta a positive review blinded by the hypetrain after almost a decade of waiting. Then in the following weeks the population drastically decreased and is decreasing still especial on the multiplayer side. That just makes things so misleading for the consumers who look at games such as Reddead2 who were also rated similarly whilst the quality is completely different and buy. I feel like the hypetrain really shot us in the foot espcialy for the multiplayer community because it lets Taleworlds off the hook for the way its developing this game. I'm sure though if we don't start seeing change now 60% through beta taleworlds might actually start listening to the dedicated warband playerbase

That dedicated Warband player base (vets + casual) has been breaking their fingers typing priceless feedback since June last year (Beta period closed). I don't know boi... we're in the same boat, because I understand your frustration...but I don't know where you're going with this. Whatever Taleworlds has sown; it is going to reap.

That dedicated Warband player base (vets + casual) has been breaking their fingers typing priceless feedback since June last year (Beta period closed). I don't know boi... we're in the same boat, because I understand your frustration...but I don't know where you're going with this. Whatever Taleworlds has sown; it is going to reap.
where im going with it is even though taleworlds doesnt listen doesnt mean we should stop, Im only going to get louder personally if we still dont see change in multiplayer development. I believe consistency is key when it comes to forcing change and by giving in now and saying 'ah modders will fix this' is only going to make things worse for the long term of the game. the whole 'modders will fix things' excuse is messed up too since modders will have to actually fix the game before making their specific mods, thats just added complexity and work for modders and I could see that disheartening modders from even making their mods

Back
Top Bottom