Why Do Bandits Have the Dragon Banner?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm hoping someone more well versed in the lore can educate me. Is there a lore reason for this or is it an EA placeholder? Seems strange that both pieces would be in the possession of bandits, I'd figure at least one piece would be in the possession of a minor faction or one of the smaller noble clans.

Well, it kind of makes sense, lore-wise, I think. After the banner was taken one of the Sturgians (if I recall) snapped it over his knee and threw it on the ground.
Likely at that point it was discarded and forgotten - but that means there are two part of the shaft, and one banner itself - my presumption of the three 'pieces'. After the battle bandits and looters would come through and root around the bodies for whatever they could find. Lo and behold - "Oy, Boss, I found a neat stick - got a lil' dragon on it, ey?"
And there you go...bandits took off with the two halves of the pole and our good doctor got the third piece from another person who was there and raided it out.

Well, it kind of makes sense, lore-wise, I think. After the banner was taken one of the Sturgians (if I recall) snapped it over his knee and threw it on the ground.
Likely at that point it was discarded and forgotten - but that means there are two part of the shaft, and one banner itself - my presumption of the three 'pieces'. After the battle bandits and looters would come through and root around the bodies for whatever they could find. Lo and behold - "Oy, Boss, I found a neat stick - got a lil' dragon on it, ey?"
And there you go...bandits took off with the two halves of the pole and our good doctor got the third piece from another person who was there and raided it out.

The logic is sound. I still find it strange that Istiana just sat on her hands all this time. Thanks for the info.

Back
Top Bottom