Why do 5 looters kill my men all of a sudden?

Users who are viewing this thread

I seem to remember being able to auto fight small groups of looters and not take losses. This was a balance change? Or is my tactics in this guy too low? I dont get

Question is, how man men did you have while trying to attack looters in sim. battle? And what tier did they have?

Looters = unarmoured rock throwers .. what sort of opponent could they be ? As skirmishers, yes, but you need other troop types too.

Plus, what annoys me about looters is that there is no link between them and political factors - criminals are usually dispossessed peasants / poor people. If a ruler looks after the poor, should there be SPAMMED looters ?

Last edited:
I liked it much better when looters couldn't kill, I hope the bug is restored, or at least give your army deathproof if you outnumber then 2 to 1 or more. Quite annoying having to manually resolve battles in your regions to improve prosperity late game or chance loosing a tier 5 troop you spent hours training.

Auto against looters is a bad ideea as it is now. If i fight the battle manually, at worst i loose some recruits. When i auto, i end up loosing t4-7 units in the same amount. Its really not worth it. Makes the whole tactics skill useless.

Tactics perk does not work. Or did they fix that? I have zero skill in tactics since it was bugged for a long time. Auto resolve makes no sense - I loose elite troops to 5 stone throwers. Therefore I just changed my plans: Since beta 1.3.0 caused parties to recruit until max troop size is reached, food is roughly fixed, XP for AI parties has increased and constant war is present I decided to do only XP runs for now. I have a "kings guard" party with like 200 high tier calvalry/horse archers - just in case I need them - and I buy as much recruits as possible with my eyes on map speed. With this party I hunt down looters and bandits, my high tier troops stay back. The recruits level up fast and I can to some extend keep up with the AI which doubled strength with the last patch. I also increase my garrison size to defend my kingdom. I do nothing else at the moiment, beta 1.3.0 made it very hard. But what's interesting is that since I doubled my garrison size declarations of war dropped massively. I think it's caused by the cheating AI which always knows your garrison size (=weaknesses). Devs confirmed, that they behave like this.

So my advice is: Don't do the simulations, don't reload. Make a plan to use this XP opportunity wisely, you will need it later.

We'll see what the future brings. ATM recruiting and leveling is a full time job in my kingdom. I suffered horribly by the constant stream of wars and because of the beta 1.3.0 strength adjustments. Now it seems I figured out how to maintain peace but it's still a full time job. And my income has dropped from 20k to 2k. At least I don't have to pay another 2 million for peace deals. I hope Talewords does some adjustments so I have at least a little bit of time for something else in my kingdom.

Yeah looters in auto-resolve are now killing multiple experienced/elite party members even when I have them outnumbered 3:1.

Kinda lame, I think looters should only be able to kill Recruits, wound anyone else.

Yeah looters in auto-resolve are now killing multiple experienced/elite party members even when I have them outnumbered 3:1.

Kinda lame, I think looters should only be able to kill Recruits, wound anyone else.
No not 3 to 1 odds. I send 80 men against 4 looters and 3 of my day 1 khans guard get mercd? Im sorry but that would NEVER happen. ?

I would love to know what the AI is actually doing to lose these men, when entered manually to lose archers to looter i would have to face army wrong direction, tell them to hold fire and let them stone me in the back

Autoresolve works that way. I've build battle simulator in excel based on autocalc mechanics. You have about 20% chance to win a fight with them without casualties no matter the odds and Your troops quality. And since i was able to build this in excel it's not to complex :smile:

Edit:
This 20% is a result of many simulations of T6 cavalry only against looters so mixed armies have lower chance.

Yeah but I had 3:1 odds... as in I had 60 or so and they had 20.

If I had 60 fresh recruits, against 20 looters, I'd expect 3 dead, and an equal number of wounded - with my damage settings set to regular. Against mountain bandits, double that, and against sea raiders, double that again - in other words, 20 sea raiders should kill at least a dozen untrained raw recruits, minimum, even at 3-1.

But diversify your band beyond the first chevron? All of those numbers should drop. 20 cav, 20 melee, 20 archers? And 4 of those cav are your heavily armed and armored lieutenants? Even the sea raiders should be hard pressed to even wound before being obliterated. Flip it around - I ran into an enemy mercenary company that was entirely cavalry - though I outnumbered them by 2-1, almost half my troops were still green, and they broke from the first charge without so much as a single kill . I think I reduced the enemy numbers by maybe 10 before loosing entirely.

And functionally, what the cyberninja looter mechanic does is not only force me to fight in person, but to cherry pick - I'll ignore these dozen or so looter bands because while they total 100 guys, none of them have more than 10-15 members in a given band. It's not worth my time to FPS ten guys if I have 60, or 100, but I wont atocalc because I'll be damned if I loose 2 guys every time I fight 10 looters. If, as a player, I'm just ignoring them, what's the point of them being there at all, and what's the point of autocalc if I never use it unless I'm severely wounded, and have no other choice?

I honestly don't know why we just cant have looters be non-lethal indefinitely and leave it like that. There are other bandit type armies/troops running around if you need a challenge.
Yesterday I did an autocalc against a single looter (last remaining looter after a battle I fought manually) and I had 5 Tiers-3 Imperial Infantryman and the looter still managed to kill one of my guys. Were the stones he was using armour piercing?

You can outnumber the looters 20 to 1 or more and you still have a good chance of troops dying. I think the autocalc figures out how many of your men have died and zero does not seem to be an option.

Back
Top Bottom