Why cant I make an army when I'm not in a faction?

Users who are viewing this thread

I never understood this concept. If I have three clan members rolling about in the countryside and I want to besiege a town/castle why can't I make an army with them? That literally makes no sense and it disrupts the flow of gameplay. I would understand if we had to wait if we were level 3 or 4 to make that a thing but to never do it until your part of a faction doesnt make sense. Devs please fix.

I really would like to do a full on Mercenary play through more than just the first two clan tiers and this kills it. Why shouldn't I be able to Army up with my own parties? Instead they get thrown into random armies of guys that tend to do idiot stuff and waste my good troops.

The other thing is would be nice if we can make an Outpost/Refuge (like from VC) as a lower tier clan that doesn't own Castles or Cities yet. That way you have some where to stage some troops and other interactions with your party.

If the map could get steamrolled by an army of 3 lords. Then no one in this game deserves to live
Independent clans can't get wardecced and can always peace out for a modest amount of money (being considered criminals, not rival factions) so yeah, you can steamroll the map with an army of three or four clan parties.

Independent clans can't get wardecced and can always peace out for a modest amount of money (being considered criminals, not rival factions) so yeah, you can steamroll the map with an army of three or four clan parties.
Strange, I always got declared war on by the NE. Then again, the leader himself did hate my guts. Don't know if that had something to do with it.

It's a matter of balance. If you could make an army without a kingdome you could with very little effort steamroll the whole map. I think it's pretty obvious.
I do it anyways without armies.

But yes, sadly this is their concern that it would enable the player to make s pseudo faction easily. However since you can anyways, it would be nice to b able lead armies and raise leadership.

Then again as soon as I say it I must take it back, I have amassed 250 khan's guards and hundreds more lower tier khuzait nobles without veteran's respect to turn the bandits.

I wish we could have an advanced dynamic mechanic to increase the difficulty of the factions in response to the player doing irregular power moves, instead of just trying to limit what the player can do to stir them into the merc, vassal, ruler basic _____ play style.

I do it anyways without armies.

But yes, sadly this is their concern that it would enable the player to make s pseudo faction easily. However since you can anyways, it would be nice to b able lead armies and raise leadership.

Then again as soon as I say it I must take it back, I have amassed 250 khan's guards and hundreds more lower tier khuzait nobles without veteran's respect to turn the bandits.

I wish we could have an advanced dynamic mechanic to increase the difficulty of the factions in response to the player doing irregular power moves, instead of just trying to limit what the player can do to stir them into the merc, vassal, ruler basic _____ play style.

Yes! That solution would actually be really good and probably work quite good aswell. The only problem I could see is all the factions getting weak again if you for some reason lose your power status, it would feel really unnatural.

The game would for sure need some stages in the game where it becomes more difficult because even if you cant amas armies without a kingdom you will in a matter of time become so powerfull that you can take on everyone pretty effortlessly.

Yes! That solution would actually be really good and probably work quite good aswell. The only problem I could see is all the factions getting weak again if you for some reason lose your power status, it would feel really unnatural.

The game would for sure need some stages in the game where it becomes more difficult because even if you cant amas armies without a kingdom you will in a matter of time become so powerfull that you can take on everyone pretty effortlessly.
Just have the different factions unite against you. It would make sense to have everyone hate the fact that one clan has so much power. Once you lose your power, aka go back down to one or two fiefs. The factions will go back to fighting each other.

What i would do (I can't do anything keep in mind) is have a power meter with milestones for the player's non-faction clan,
Say at first it's as it is currently, you take a fief and make peace it's all honky dory. But as you take more fiefs and grow in power you reach milestone where now 1 faction you've taken a fief from or have -relation with ruler can send "foreign mercenaries" to attack you and try to take the fief back, this would be good because it wouldn't spread the faction out like if they sent thier own clan at you,, then eventually a level where a faction can declare war on you, just 1 at a time for now. Then another where up to 2 can declarer war on you, then finally you are the same as a faction so you might as well get some vassals or expect the continent to team up on you soon.

But I would also add other things like vassal coming to you at the last point or a means to contact the with messages so you could actually get them while also defending yourself. I would want this for any faction creation and a short respite time between declaring a faction (if at peace) and being attacked, like you've decided to be a kingdom and are becoming one, but there's a window before the news gets out and you're open for attacks.

I would also want an option for more parties and patrols to, so feasibly you could fight the factions even if you didn't have vassals, because it's a single player game and it's good to have more options. I mean if you have the money and everywhere is packed with soldiers for hire, why can't you just put them to work defending you stuff? Like you made new type of government, you don't have vassals, you have a standing army and generals and stuff, the other factions all start to rally against you..... will you change the world or will your new ideas be wiped out?

Anyways crazy stuff that would be a good mod.

The only thing I might actually mod myself is making the long glaive look like a dragon slayer.

I personally like the 100 party and companion mod. So if you do go for the solo clan thing, it still feels like you're part of something. Though the message tab becomes spammed with notifications of levels up and the like.

Even without an army, you can capture rebel cities one after another, and all of a sudden you have as many cities as any faction, and no faction can declare war on you. The only thing that stops you taking the whole map is the difficulty of managing city loyalty when you have more than 4 or 5 cities.

If you could make armies as well, you could pick off factions as you felt, when you felt, and there's nothing they could do to stop you overpowering them.

People already complain that there is little to do in the late game, if we anticipate the features it was even worse.

I just assume it's because armies involve influence and since influence doesn't exist when you're not in a kingdom forming armies outside of one wouldn't work with the way it's designed. It wouldn't be so bad if you could order your parties to follow you and join sieges etc.

I just assume it's because armies involve influence and since influence doesn't exist when you're not in a kingdom forming armies outside of one wouldn't work with the way it's designed. It wouldn't be so bad if you could order your parties to follow you and join sieges etc.
Clan armies cost 0 influence.

I hate that game forces player to play "proper way". I already cried about not being able to join as mercenary when I own town. Army creation mechanic is another one. I would add to this list quest available only for mercs/vassals.

yeah but the whole army system is linked with influence. Like don't clan armies technically cost '-0' influence rather than literally no influence. idk
You actually need (or needed, they might have fixed it) at least 1 influence to get your clan-only army going. It doesn't actually use up that influence or anything but the button was greyed out if you were in the negatives. At any rate, it didn't break anything (like, code-wise, not talking balance) with the game back when you could use an glitch (IIRC, forming an army and leaving a faction while in a town) to have an army as an independent clan.

Back
Top Bottom