Why are Freelancer Archers garbage ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Cracka

Squire
I am currently trying to find some competent Archers to compliment my force, but can't quite tell which soldier is which, though I am slowly learning the names.

I fired up Morgh's to get an idea of which mercenaries level into the Archer class, to my surprise (and horror) the top-tier "Expert Freelancer Archers" are level 24 and have 100 Proficiency In Archery .... Is that an oversight or they are just tremendously bad Archers lol ?

Failing that, can anyone recommend a decent mercenary Archer ?- The only other good one's I've seen are the Virago.

Edit: After some more rummaging in Morgh's, there are some higher tier Freelancer ranged troops, but still only 192 proficiency. I'd really like to have something in the 320+ range.

Probably an oversight. If you look at all the things that Freelancer does in terms of adding the lines of code and stuff, it's pretty tedious, so small issues like that are to be expected. Just edit them.

I think I'll try those Virago Merc's out. I was just hoping to level my own Archer force so I have a history with my men, instead of just having a monetary bond.

In Morgh's, the troop trees are really weird and complex. Not finding the type of troop is probably due to my own ineptitude.

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah the Viragi are some of the best archers in the game especially since they're easy to get in large numbers. The A7 troops might beat them in some stats but you probably won't be getting like 100 A7 troops without a lot of sweat and blood.

Viragi, you can easily get a full army of them if you wanted, if you traveled to a lot of taverns on a regular basis.

Oh nice, I like the sound of the A7 troops, at least I can level them myself.

About the Freelancers, I did a test and leveled up a Freelancer recruit to both max Archer and Skirmisher class- both had just 207 Proficiency with no option to upgrade further. Pretty lame for the alleged awesomeness of the Freelancers lol.

Yeah I dunno why that is either. I edited them myself to have different equipment. I think somebody also did an overhaul of the Freelancers, which you could probably search for and check out.

I remember for Native M&B, I created a custom troop class which had many different upgrade paths and access to 200+ unique items that I added, admittedly a lot stolen from popular Warband mods, And with my failure to resist temptation, they became abominations, albeit cool and sexy abominations, they were incredibly OP.

I have since learned that I have no self-control with these things and find heavy editing usually ruins the experience, though it has been my disappointment that there are no unique end-game items in Floris. I long for a Rune weapon and Spirit horse lol. 

lol

Well since you have at least some idea of how to do it, you can follow the tiered equipment system that Floris uses to keep it balanced I guess. Just copy the stats of the equipment you want it to resemble then adjust it a little or something.

IMO there's nothing wrong with beefing up the proficiency for those archers. They should be at least on par with faction archers, because the melee units are like that.

Yeah, that sounds doable, but I am enjoying the purist play through. I think for now I'll just embrace the mod for what it is And the Freelancers for what they are. At least the Komtur ritter and Hochmiester's seem very capable. But maybe Sigmund is just full of hot air.

Back
Top Bottom