Whose flags are depicted in M&B: Napoleonic Wars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Elshar

Recruit
I tried searching the forums. There's a few that I know for sure (The great powers, I think I see Scottish/Irish flags in there, Papal States, Czech flags?).

Does anyone know who the other flags represent? I'm assuming some are just made up, but it would be cool to know for sure what flag was what. :grin:

Elshar said:
I tried searching the forums. There's a few that I know for sure (The great powers, I think I see Scottish/Irish flags in there, Papal States, Czech flags?).

Does anyone know who the other flags represent? I'm assuming some are just made up, but it would be cool to know for sure what flag was what. :grin:

Let's see... from left to right, top to bottom:

Austria, Russia, Prussia, Britain, France, Spain, Ottomans, Naples, Sweden, The Netherlands, ????, Vatican, ????, Savoia, Denmark, Bavaria, Westphalia, Hannover, ????, Poland, Portugal, Italy, Brunswick, Switzerland, Cossacks(?), USA, Canada (I think), ????, Royalist France, Ireland, Finland, Japan.

Skip a few pages of random banners...

???, Ottomas, ????, ????, ????, Serbia, ????, ????, ????, ????, ????, Hungary, Austria, Bohemian nations (Croatia, Czechs, Moravia etc.), another Austrian flag(?), ????, England, Scotland, Ireland, Wallonia, ????, ????.

Hopefully this helps.

288131d1233049184t-real-fake-ss-skull-dscn1096.jpg

yeah I'm confused as to why they made a Nazi SS skull symbol a flag too

That is indeed a Canadian flag, although unofficial and not in use until 1868. It is the most appropriate one though as during the early 1800s the Canadian colonies were not united and the official flags were the Union Jack which isn't Canadian specific.

Bluehawk said:
I think the earliest use in the Prussian army was during the war of Austrian Succession, by a regiment of hussars.
Death's Head Hussars, aka Totenkopf.

Back
Top Bottom