who still has hope in TW.

who still has hope in TW

• Yes.

• A little.

• No.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

So instead of a kingdom, the player should run a real estate agency. ?
I mean I used to play "calradian town flippers" for the past few updates, grab the wrecked poor border town from the rebels asap and stabilize them into profitable towns with no wars near bye. In 1.5.10 I started this way and used 2 poo towns as my base until I obtained the second perk to hold prisoners then it's much better to just capture an entire faction and take all of thier healthy towns with no opposition (that also match my culture). I still got my poo towns half across the map, but rebel towns are a lot of trouble compared to just taking a healthy one if you can. I suppose I should still take em though, for the good of the people.

I have to explain what I mean by player agency because some 'youtube'er read a previous post about it and thought it was about players expecting to control what the devs do (not in game choices) and ranted on and on about it. I guess if you say idiotic things in all your videos and mute the people who correct you, you eventually just have idiots watching you and it's fine. SO, despite how astoundingly stupid that is, I'd prefer people to at least know what the words I type mean, even if overall comprehension is beyond them.

kWRsH7t.png

You don't need hope you just need people who don't know any better, nor care
How dare those ignorant people at home have fun, playing games and enjoying themselves, when we're here, fighting in the trenches of the forum wars, miserably struggling for a better tomorrow!

But on topic, no, I don't have any hope left. I lost it pretty much on "release" day.

And, BTW If someone tells you something like: "Ohh c'mon, vanilla Warband was also a mess on release...", spit right in this someone's face.
I've been playing WB for years and have never ever had any urge to mod it, except doing a couple of economy tweaks and making my own troop trees.
Bannerlord made me install several mods after the first 30 minutes (not counting the tutorial) of play.

Hope you say? Playing vanilla BL in its current state feels like trying to **** yourself in the eye-socket with a table leg...

I know the Devs who see this vote understand the game is boring as hell but cannot change it, that's the problem with this company. You get vote totals like this you are failing. This is your base talking TW. You lose this and another company makes a better game, good luck. Xbox-James will move on to better fast paced action and leave you behind.

I know the Devs who see this vote understand the game is boring as hell but cannot change it, that's the problem with this company. You get vote totals like this you are failing. This is your base talking TW. You lose this and another company makes a better game, good luck. Xbox-James will move on to better fast paced action and leave you behind.
This is not their base. Their base is over on Steam, enjoying themselves. The forum is just a tiny fraction of the base, and the particularily salty fraction at that. We aren't representative of anything and they know it.

I think when it's finished it'll be a good base game for mods to hopefully inject some player agency (this means making impactful choices in the game).
I'd agree with this. My hope is that in some years in the future that the heavily modded game will actually be pretty good. That does not mean that anyone should ever forget what happened here.
Xbox-James will move on to better fast paced action and leave you behind.
Bannerlord has too many RPG elements and not enough action. 3/10. I'm going back to COD and Fortnite. This game is for boomers who think Chess is a good time, and that reading Shakespeare is good entertainment. Seriously though, these games will not appeal to the average person who prefers something like COD or whatever. I've tried to get more mainstream gamers to play stuff like Squad or Arma before, but waiting around for 30 minutes, and getting shot out of nowhere seems to not appeal to them as it does for me. I doubt it is much different with something like M&B. It is folly to appeal to the "casual" fanbase. They want casual games, not this mega-investment of time and effort comparatively.
This is not their base. Their base is over on Steam, enjoying themselves. The forum is just a tiny fraction of the base, and the particularily salty fraction at that. We aren't representative of anything and they know it.
I disagree with this. This IS their base. Their Steam base is not any long-term community. A random steam player playing the game for a couple of months and never touching it again is not their base. Those people will leave after a while, and not be a part of the base all of a sudden. A game with a thriving community tends to be a core, smaller, dedicated community that shares a favorite game and acts as the lifeblood for it. The majority of those players in that Steam number are not that, and soon their dedicated community will be but a shadow, because we're it. And we do not seem to be impressed. Multiplayer especially is as dead as it could be, and it's been a huge part of the M&B community ever since Warband. TW will not have a consistent, dedicated community of the same caliber as before, at best you could hope for a new generation of players that don't remember this mess later on.

A little. There's obviously some very talented people working there so I don't doubt that they aren't capable of creating something great, but it's probably going to take a long, long time to get to anywhere decent. The next few patches should indicate whether there's going to really be any added content, as the time until the new estimated release is closing in fast.

I imagine at this point they're trying to get out a stable, minimum viable product so they can allow the mod community to do the rest, which kinda sucks.

LOL really?

I'm looking through the Steam forum right now... and most of the posts are:
  1. Bug reports for things that were broken a year ago
  2. Laughable feature requests which are never gonna happen "Please add elephants!" (LOL we're not even getting FEASTS)
  3. "DOES THIS GAME STILL SUCK?" (people responding: "yeah kinda" + "you need mods" + "there hasn't been real progress")
  4. "How about a finish the game edition?" "Is there a roadmap or will this continue to be aimless devel..." "There's something that doesn't feel right when comparing to Warband" "I am frustrated. Just wanted to vent..."
  5. "Why all the negativity?" posts from simps
  6. Reactions to idiosyncracies like the goofy moron-smiles that seem to have gotten WORSE since game arrival
The Steam forum - AFAIK - is managed by their Marketing Department, not longtime volunteer mods like it is here.. so I doubt that they have as much tolerance for dev-hate etc.

All of the posts evincing confusion about bugs and basic aspects of the game prove that it's filled with short-timers and simps. The Steam user stats prove that these people aren't even playing the damn thing.

There is no evidence of a "real" fanbase who love the game and the smell of dev farts anywhere. There's evidence of a lot of suckers who bought the game not realizing that it's broken and never gonna get fixed... which is, to be fair, the "real" fanbase that TW cares about.

Having unique battle scenes for every location on map is an awesome feature most prople were not expecting. But there needs to be more. End of year results will set my final expectation, but i’ll wait till Q4 ‘22 to pass final judgement. However, i think its pretty clear they have decided to streamline everything for console. I think its misguided though a medieval warefare sim is a nitche experience most people will find boring esp among console players.

Yes, they're still updating the game. If they left it as it is and said they won't be updating it anymore that would justify losing hope for me.

It also depends what hope you are talking about. I personally don't expect the native game to be this amazing all-inclusive of all demanded features ever, that's not realistic.

But it will be a good enjoyable game nonetheless, I do believe in that.

I agree - I voted a little.

I still feel that the game is improving - there does however seem to be a lot of frustration at the pace of improvement right now

I have to explain what I mean by player agency because some 'youtube'er read a previous post about it and thought it was about players expecting to control what the devs do (not in game choices) and ranted on and on about it. I guess if you say idiotic things in all your videos and mute the people who correct you, you eventually just have idiots watching you and it's fine. SO, despite how astoundingly stupid that is, I'd prefer people to at least know what the words I type mean, even if overall comprehension is beyond them.
Who are you talking about?

The general forum here is mostly a circle jerk.

Many people whove bought the game prob enjoy it for what it is already with no expectations. At $30 Bannerlord is decent value if they fix the bugs.

Only the people who give a crap that keep complaining because they see the potential. We are only the minority licking our wounds and consoling ourselves w this mediocrity.

Get over it.

Oh my god, I just checked his channel out of curiosity... he just DOESN'T STOP making videos! Like sheesh... It's actually kind of concerning :???:

I don't get the point of covering what he himself considers a pit of toxicity, if all he bothers to do is just... fight with the forum posts on his videos. Kind of a pointless exercise, but aren't a lot of the threads here as well anyways? :razz:

On another topic, call me naive, but with the multiple changes coming, I still have hope they can do something nice! The new sound system alone sounds (hehe) interesting enough!

Back
Top Bottom