WHO is GABRILDURO, in your opinion?

Users who are viewing this thread

GABRILDURO

Grandmaster Knight
Ok, see....I am not just a Modder but also, and mostly, a person, a human being, that wanted to share his passion with many other ppl, with the only intent to make them happy (as I was with other new Mods) and of course, get some apreciation for my work....and myself.
That made of course my motivation to go ahead with my work.....seems so obvious to me, but probably isn t for some ppl....that only see a Mod to play....and that s all.
So.........

WHO is really Gabrilduro for you?

...please, if u know me and my Mods, feel free to post ur opinion.

Thx
Gabby

So i can't say much about you because i never talked with you face-to-face or chat-to-chat  :grin:
But i saw many your posts, your minds in them.And i can say only that you are just good old pirate man which helping other people with their mods and stuff not like other big-mods-guys which are thinking only about their work and doesnt want to help new moddevs without experience in modding and other things.
So at all - you are nice guy wihich helping new people in modding and stuff
Yes, my english is not so good but i think you can understand what i saying :grin:

Name Marco A.K.A. GABRILDURO
Gabs wife:
gabswife.jpg
:razz:

ok in all seriousness Gab is a great guy who's very passionate about this mod and his other works. He also spends his little "free" time supporting other mods (like A House Divided and WWII: Watch on the Rhine for example). I know there are times he can say things that read as harsh, but deep down he is a really caring guy who means the best. 

Also he makes a fine target in 1755 with that big white horse and red coat! :razz:

You nailed it Alan!

No seriously folks the real Gabrilduro is an excellent family man, good friend, passionate about history and modding. He's also a straightforward guy who will tell you exaclty what is on his mind. I have loved working with him because it is a pleasure to get inspiration from him. That's the real Gab.

Alan De Soison said:
I know... :eek:
the real gabrilduro is :razz:
gabby.jpg
i burst out laughing when i saw that :grin:. i must say, he is looking incredibly young for a 47 year old :razz:
on a serious note, i think gab is a nice guy who is passionate about his family and his mods. he is not afraid to go out of his way to help other mods, and is good at dealing with trolls :grin: i am happy to of been the first ever supporter of this great mod, and to of made the first ever sig(the 1755 one i am using :grin:,)

i think gab is pretty awesome i mean i havent developed a relationship with a team like this ever on forums i have a love of history, so its good to talk with people who have the same passion as me.
i love 1755 it is my absoulute favorite mod and i know 1776 is absolutly fantastic without playing it and gab and gab's team, you have my everlasting support.ive even learned a little italian from him.

ciao a tutti

ps: id like u to know tat something VERY SPECIAL is in the making

Alan De Soison said:
Dellivis said:
HAHAHAHA!

that was too funny alan!
it's true..he is the real Gabrilduro :eek:
Ok, Alan is right. My name is Marco, my son is Gabriele (Gabri) and the name Gabrilduro was Gabri the Tough , in italian. So that is the pic of my son, the "effective" Gabrilduro  :neutral:

BUT I was serious, Alan.  :???:

I want to see what all ppl that follow us from the beginning actually THINK of me as a person, as Gabril.... ok, as Marco, the italian that did and does all this for the community.
I don t hide behind a nick name, never did, folks. I always told you my name, age and country....and I respect when others do as well ( as Dellivis, crumbs, Alan, and some others....)
I see most ppl see this just as a forum to get a Mod free and talk about fun......
I ask for one time to be serious and honest and "shoot" a honest, deep comment on ME!
Nothing more than that.

Not just a funny bunch of words or "winks".

Thanks to ppl commenting up above and to you all-

Gabrilduro

Marco Aka. Gabrilduro. I enjoy you and your teams work, as do SOOOOO many others, thank you for all the effort that has gone into 1755. You made this mod possible, that means alot to everyone who enjoys the time period. Thank you once again, when you are no longer Mod on vacation I look forward to seeing your future work. It has been a pleasure to play your mod.

I think you're a nice guy and an excellent modder. The things that stand out most about you, in my opinion, is your positive attitude and your team spirit which never seems to dampen.

Waffenbaum said:
I think you're a nice guy and an excellent modder. The things that stand out most about you, in my opinion, is your positive attitude and your team spirit which never seems to dampen.
Agreed, and look like Gabs is musket maniac  :grin:
Mr. Gabs, You're must be a nice guys, like Pazanius said, you help and support new people that was new in modding and stuff  :grin:

I'm going to make a very honest reply. :neutral:

When first I saw Gab it was in the AOFI forums when he asked if he could use some of the materials from that mod for his own mod that he was creating (1755). For some reason I had placed him as Spanish (don't know how I could have made the mistake when you say ciao after every post but hey...) I got lost doing other things though and didn't run into Gab again until...

I became aware of the 1776 when it first got announced and then I started checking the 1755 forums from time to time again. I remember Gab spamming CAPS LOCK alot which made me think rather little of him right off the bat as I associate that with immaturity, but I noticed that he was always very kind to people and seemed to have a good sense of humor and as I saw more of his posts I realized that he was a cool guy and he explained his use of caps lock (replies were in caps and new statements typed lowercase) though I did still find that incredibly annoying :mad:

I could never really say for myself, as I've never had a conversation with Gab or spoken with him face to face, exactly who he is, but I've heard nothing but great things about him from his team, and from what I've learned in life, that says ALOT. I've always seen him to be a very open person, no hidden truths or pretended supremecy over others. I was incredibly sad to hear about the real life troubles that Gab explained he was dealing with not so long ago because this whole economic trouble has hit me pretty hard as well.

So the short and sweet would be that I don't have any idea. But that from what little I've gathered from this forum is that Gab is a thoughtful, kind and very motivating guy with a tendency to use caps lock alot! :grin:  (actually he doesn't do that anymore which is probably good! :wink:) And that he is indeed Italian and not Spanish! :shock: But my favorite thing about Gab is that he doesn't (as so many other mod makers do) act like a smart ass, and he doesn't pretend superiority over everyone else, he keeps it real! :grin:

Jeeeeees, Sirwho  :shock:
Am I allowed to put all that on my next Curriculum for a new Job??? :mrgreen:
Hahahahahha
No, seriously....that was a pretty deep explanation, just from facts seen from the occasional Forumers, just as I asked to do :wink:
And was very close to what I feel, honestly.

Just add the fact I am very fanatic about what words mean in a sentence, so that has always been my strong disadvantage! Or.....may be not....may be you guys would hate my spechees in Italian :shock: hahahahahaha

Thx for all comments up above, I mean ALL of them (ghh, I used caps :oops: ).
Good or bad (mmmh, not any real bad, actually.....c'mon "enemies"....I am not going to eat you :lol: ).
I might have seemed weird, but I got to a point in which I NEEDED to find out about that!

....no more comments???? :razz:

Gabby
PS .....wait, .....I have to admit that Jackx was nice and posted a kind comment, at the end.
I hated the most, to be defined a Dictator, cause we italians are very "sensitive" about that (Fascism and stuff, see?) and his comment made me feel better on his original comment.

Ouch. Dictatorship. That's one well-deserved strike against me, and explains a lot.
I definitely should've been aware of that cultural sensibility, and worded my statements differently to avoid any implications of that sort.
I'm sorry for that, there really is no excuse - not when I'm German, and therefore know more than well enough just how badly even implied references to certain parts of national history can be received.

To pick up on what sirwho said, I also found the allcaps/multiple exclamation marks etc. style of posting hard to deal with at first, and still think it makes you look bad  (to outsiders/newcomers at least) on occasion due to its association with immaturity/generally annyoing behaviour, but I guess it's your personal style, and while it's a (bad) stereotype, I suppose it's also kind of fitting for a "hot-blooded" and passionate Italian. :wink:

Ciao Jackx!!!
So glad you posted as well, and all you have said is true, about italians my age and our way to behave and "feel" things.
Usually ppl love or just hate us, for that reason... :???: (as Fonzie in happy days :mrgreen: )
When I was in middle west of Usa for some months, and had some "issues" there, ppl there told me I had a behaviour and way to think very different than average "relaxed" americans.....they associated me more to a Texan guy ....never got if that was a compliment though :lol:
Friendhip, honesty and RESPECT are my very important principles, since I was a child....and my son is growing up following them as well.
Thx for your comment and your understanding....I am not a bad dude but I realize it is difficult sometimes to deal with me.. :roll:
I excuse myself if I was too hard on my reaction :wink:
Gabby
HEY, you should actually post in 1755 EXPERTS new Topic I made :shock:

GABRILDURO said:
.....they associated me more to a Texan guy ....never got if that was a compliment though :lol:
Friendhip, honesty and RESPECT are my very important principles, since I was a child....and my son is growing up following them as well.

In my book Gab that's a great compliment :mrgreen:

Funny we have similar principals yet your *gasp* 20 years my senior! I don't think very many people like me at work cause they don't like my honesty (gets me into a lot of trouble lol)

Gab is the best..and teacher for me (including Crumbs and poomtang)about modding and how to become a team because I'm a very shy man  :oops:
I still remmember the first time i give him a French de la marines texture for the first time release of 1755 old frontier in mbrepository..
59425961.jpg
mb840.jpg

I'm very happy that I found 18th century warfare Mod for single player :eek: because in that time 18th century mod just multiplayer for warband,

Back
Top Bottom