Which type of plate armour would you like to have?

Which types of plate armour would you prefer to see in the next version of M&B?

• 1. Transitional harness: Used circa 1375-1400 AD

Votes: 61 21.9%
  • 2. Early 15th century plate armour (“Alwite armour”)

Votes: 13 4.7%
  • 3. Milanese armour

Votes: 31 11.2%
  • 4. German “Gothic” armour

Votes: 78 28.1%
  • 5. English armour

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • 6. “Krug” style cuirass

Votes: 23 8.3%
  • 7. Renaissance armour

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • 8. Maximilian armour

Votes: 14 5.0%
  • 9. Others, Japanese, Fantasy, Graeco-Roman, Indo-Persian etc

Votes: 26 9.4%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I've just added a few more updates, another picture of transitional armour, another Milanese armour (with a great bascinet) and a rather OTT gilded Ottoman Krug armour.

At the moment German Gothic is in the lead with 25 votes (29.1%) followed by Transitional in second place with Milanese and krug in joint third place.

Rathyr said:
I don't want to see any more plate, personally. Give me chain any day.

I've already done two armour polls, I don't feel like doing a third. :smile:

Anyway, AFAIK there is a wide variety of different types of mail already in the game. There are mail haubergeons, mail hauberks, long-sleeved mail hauberks, mail with surcoats and mail-and-plate armour. Nearly all the possible varieties of mail are already in game, there's nothing left to add.

I'd like to see a large majority of that armour in the next version of the game.
Aqtai said:
I was at a reenactment event at tatton park last weekend, and I think I saw a Dark Knight! :grin:

MSS event?

SheepInShiningArmour said:
I'd like to see a large majority of that armour in the next version of the game.
Aqtai said:
I was at a reenactment event at tatton park last weekend, and I think I saw a Dark Knight! :grin:

MSS event?

No it was several reenactment groups. There was a Medieval fayre followed by various demonstrations and a mock battle. Well considering there were only a couple of hundred people involved, a large skirmish really.

TIK the terms are superfluous, these days ten on ten is a raging battle, but in Roman times hundreds could be involve in a skirmish.  Skirmish is pretty much a battle that doesn't amount to any real hard fighting. So while a hundred fighting to the death could be a battle, a hundred involved in a quick engagement, then retreat before losses become heavy would be a skirmish.

Aqtai said:
SheepInShiningArmour said:
Aqtai said:

MSS event?

No it was several reenactment groups. There was a Medieval fayre followed by various demonstrations and a mock battle. Well considering there were only a couple of hundred people involved, a large skirmish really.
MSS = Medieval Siege Society (If you didn't know)

Most events have around a few hundred people.
But there was another event on that weekend. So I realised it wasn't the usual bunch I know.
But most probably some MSS members at that event though.

Well this poll has done far better than I expected it to. Here is another vote tally before it sinks into obscurity:

Gothic armour is in the lead with 28.7% of the votes (31 votes).

Transitional armour is in second place with 23.1% of the votes.

Krug-style armours are in third place with 11.1% of votes cast.

No new updates, I've pretty much used up most of my pictures of arms and armour. :wink:

My thanks to everyone who voted in this poll. :smile:

what we need is a spam-free thread along the lines of:

"I made this model and it can be downloaded at www.xyz.com"

and then people can start to contribute the new armours/items/beasts etc that we have all wished for.

What do you think?

We are now up to 125 votes, with Gothic armour clearly in the lead with 30.4 % of the votes cast.  Transitional armour is in second place and the krug is a distant third.

Any sign of any of the suggested new armours in version 0.890? I've not had time to play it yet.

Aqtai said:
We are now up to 125 votes, with Gothic armour clearly in the lead with 30.4 % of the votes cast.  Transitional armour is in second place and the krug is a distant third.

Any sign of any of the suggested new armours in version 0.890? I've not had time to play it yet.

Nope, but more 'lesser' armours are in, like brigandine, surcoats and more nomad-style armours.

Zathan

Back
Top Bottom