Which lords do you find most likable/easy to befriend?

Users who are viewing this thread

Swarx

Recruit
When I first played the game I became best friends with Count Grainwad. I lost the game for a few months, then realized that it was still on my steam account and I re-downloaded it. [I am a moron.]

I played as the Swadians again. Grainwad started off with -4 relationship with me. I decided to go befriend Klargus and Ryis and Rafard and Delinard 'n stuff instead.

*Timeskip*

And now Grainwad has 100 relationship with me and all of the others are either in prison or sitting on the side of the road in some foreign country.

You must have done something to lose honor at the beginning of the game, because Grainwad is one of those lords whose personality is fixed (he's Upstanding, I believe).  There are several lords whose personality is fixed, but I can't remember them all offhand.

I have got a right few to switch to my faction. Main thing is have honer, Also when starting out always do jobs for Lords, this will gain you renown with that lord, the higher the better. Also persuasion, Have at least 5+ in this Skill it helps.

Most i have got were from the Nords, Also ask them what they think of there King, Most will say Long live the king, When Persuading them but some will be against them, There worth a target, I always offer them Land and Fifes, seem's to swing them the best. :wink:

Grainwaddy's good-natured.

Yeah, I ran some dastardly errands for Count Mirchaud near the beginning of the game before I became a vassal.

yea, i once ran a kingdom and grainwad liked me so much that i managed to convince him to switch to my faction from swadia with nothing helping my argument except his relations. He soon became my best vassal. If I could count on just ONE lord to arrive for my campaigns, it would be him. Easily got him to 100 relations. And it seems that the vassals vote for him for every new fief i get...

Yep, Grainwad is the cool old guy. Throughout my bazillion Warband games I've seen him defect/indicted exactly ONCE.

Ryis is also in the same pot, though since he owns the castle next to Tadsamesh - which means borderland with Nord, Khergit AND Vaegir, he tends to get beaten to a pulp way too often. The last time he defected from glorious Swadia, he brought his castle full of knights and sharpshooters with him.

Argeus the Paladin said:
Yep, Grainwad is the cool old guy. Throughout my bazillion Warband games I've seen him defect/indicted exactly ONCE.

Ryis is also in the same pot, though since he owns the castle next to Tadsamesh - which means borderland with Nord, Khergit AND Vaegir, he tends to get beaten to a pulp way too often. The last time he defected from glorious Swadia, he brought his castle full of knights and sharpshooters with him.

I've been in a similar situation. As the major town-owning lords got indicted, Klargus would scoop up their towns. He owned Suno, Uxkhal and Dhirim. I was off in the Vaegir lands when I came back and saw all of those towns under their control. I thought, "How the hell did they manage to take those three cities while I was gone?" And then I realized Klargus defected and Swadia was now screwed.

Dasvi2018 said:
I like Montewar :grin:

Same here first one i move for..... :grin: Also got Grainwad today but he keep's getting whipped in battle... :grin:

I got Jarl Olaf as well from the Nords, Has a huge army and fights well seems to take allot of prisoners... :wink:

Also quick question guy's, i have a few guy's turn up in my castle after they were done for tresson and fled, There looking to join my faction, Is it worth taken them, Or will the other kingdoms get annoyed... :?:

Grainwad.

Yeah, I kinda stole like literally 50 cows from him.... he hates me.

Then I crushed his army with 100 khergit lancers, threw him in prison, and took his castle. He hates me, and I hate him.

pye266 said:
Also quick question guy's, i have a few guy's turn up in my castle after they were done for tresson and fled, There looking to join my faction, Is it worth taken them, Or will the other kingdoms get annoyed... :?:

I'd say its more important to consider whether or not they're honourable lords or quarrelsome lords.

Welcome the honourable ones with open arms and tell the quarrelsome ones to bugger of.  :grin:

Other kingdoms don't really care what you do with exiled lords; they only care if you steal their current lords. Obviously.  :razz:

Ilevus said:
pye266 said:

I'd say its more important to consider whether or not they're honourable lords or quarrelsome lords.

Welcome the honourable ones with open arms and tell the quarrelsome ones to bugger of.  :grin:

Other kingdoms don't really care what you do with exiled lords; they only care if you steal their current lords. Obviously.  :razz:

Cheers,  I see what you mean i welcomed count Tellrog & count Matheas of the Rhodok, And there a real pain in the ****..... :lol: Had to get rid of Matheas... :lol:

Also Jarl Aedin has turned a bit funny on mine..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i42.tinypic.com/fn6xl3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom