Which Knghthood Order would suit me?

Users who are viewing this thread

So, I'm on my first playthrough (well, second, but I abandoned my first after making some rookie mistakes - don't try to free a lord from a town with a lvl 5 character...).

My goal is, of course, to become king of Pendor. I intend to use the Pendor Culture for that, including reinstating the Knightly Orders.

Not sure yet if I will rebell against an existing king, or just take a castle or town.

What I do want is to join a Knightly Order.
Now, I'm wondering if I should wait until I'm king, reinstate the Knights of the Griffon, and then join them, or join a different order before.
And if i should do the latter, which one?

How do you like to play?

F.ex. do you like to just order a massed cavalry charge and see the enemy get trampled?

different Orders rewards different tactics. If you order the Silvermist rangers into a melee you will most likely take heavy casualties while I think that is okay with the Immortals ( I think because I've never played with those, only seen them in the field. )

i believe knights of the griffon are the "official prophesy fulfillers"....
but I recommend Knights of the Ebony Gauntlet (KotEG) because they are siege monsters. and if you want to become king you will probably need to take/hold a few castles. KotEG don't come with horses, so if you love cavalry they might not be for you.

I like horses, so yes, when i join a Knighthood Order I want to charge like Heath Ledger...  :wink:

Problem with Knights of the Griffon is that I can only join them after I become King.

You can only use Pendor noble once you've become king, so Knight of the Griffon is always a viable choice.
Other than that, Knight of the Dawn is also upgraded from Pendor Knight.

The problem is, until you become a ruler, you can't access Pendor troops. You might probably want to pick Shadow Legion or Knight of the Legion if you want easier access to knighthood order.

I don't think you have to be your own king in order to open up a order of the Griffin, right? The only thing you need is a castle, enough honor and money and the proper conpanion for it. But I might be wrong? If you do not wish to wait for a very long time, join a faction and try to get yourself a castle and then just save up until you can house the order you want.

The Grandmaster version of any of the armor is good, so if you're only talking about equipment, pick the one that appeals to you visually or for roleplaying reasons.

For existing orders, The Bounty hunting quests they give you seem to be related to where the headquarters is located (e.g. Dragon knights ask you to hunt mistmountains and Jatu)

you can make any knighthood order as long as you meet the reqs and own a castle. so you dont have to be king to make Griffons, you just wont be able to recruit very many of their troops.

But since you only care about what gear you get you can make any KO any time you want (as long as you have a castle/quallis)

best bet for you to choose is to browse through the list here

http://pop3.wikia.com/wiki/Knighthood_Orders

and check out the backstories/pics of knights, so you can choose which to join based on style/roleplaying

If you just want to join an order for the free epic loot, get it out of the way early while you don't have any responsibilities to your ruler or your kingdom.  You can join an order even though you don't ever plan on building a chapter or training any of their troops.

Personally I think the Eventide has the best gear provided that the knight in the castle spawns with a cape.  Lordly Eventide plate harness is pretty solid too - I got several of those as rewards for the bounty quest.

Joining Dawn or Eventide might be tricky since you start with negative relationships with them
How'bout Shadow Legion located in Cez?

Cornelius Constantine said:
But the Evenride is Evil.... I might try the Dawn then.
The Dawn are arguably just as evil.

If you are just joining for the loot then Ebony Gauntlet has good armor. Also I think Shadow Legion have good gear as well.

It's not just the loot - it's how they would suit me in the middle and late game. As in: what contribution will they make to the King of Pendor?

fantasma said:
Joining Dawn or Eventide might be tricky since you start with negative relationships with them
How'bout Shadow Legion located in Cez?

Well, point is: they're Empire. Eventually, I'd like to adapt the Pendoran culture. Would they still suit me then?

felixng2011 said:
The Dawn are arguably just as evil.

Hm... there might be a slight difference between beïng a witch and burning a witch. Even is you think anyone is a wich, you might be trying to do good....

>> Well, point is: they're Empire. Eventually, I'd like to adapt the Pendoran culture. Would they still suit me then?

The order that you personally join gives you equipment, and some fun quests.

The order(s) that you recruit from support your long term war efforts.

The two are not really directly related.  They can be the same if you choose, but there's not really a gameplay reason that drives it.

smakemupagus said:
The order that you personally join gives you equipment, and some fun quests.

The order(s) that you recruit from support your long term war efforts.

The two are not really directly related.  They can be the same if you choose, but there's not really a gameplay reason that drives it.

Thanks, this is very usefull!

Now that it comes to mind, the Empire Legions have excellent foot soldiers AND horseman... their gear is pretty good too. You can always join them, as they're strong with foot/horse units. Archery units? Not so much.

Cornelius Constantine said:
But the Evenride is Evil.... I might try the Dawn then.
If you take some time to read all the rumors, it's apparently common practice for the Dawn to burn up entire villages because of rumors of heresy.
They're not interested in actual investigations, just punishment.

At least with the Eventide, the average knight doesn't know the connections with the Heretics, just the leadership, but it's now under new management since I'm now their Grandmaster.

Back
Top Bottom