Which is your homeland favourite faction ?

Which is your favourite faction

• The Antarians

Votes: 25 32.5%
  • Villianise

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Adenians

Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Marinians

Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Zerrikans

Votes: 5 6.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cyzyk said:
Zerriks have lots of horse archers and blunt weapon cavalry. As for what they are good at? Nothing in particular except catching lots of prisoners. They are strong in sieges defensively, but their archery is ineffective on the offensive, in my experience. I'd say they are relatively solid in all ways except attacking in sieges, where the lack of heavy-armored infantry with big shields forces them to rely on Black Army mercenaries.

I started with the Antarians, but now i prefer the Marinians.
Crossbows and Halberds are a deadly combination. It's so funny to see these cowardly Khergits flying from their horses after they got a taste of good Marinian steel.
Unfortunately, the crossbowmen are too weak and the crossbow's reach is pathetic (compared to Warband) and the mercenary tree could really use some twohanded polearms instead of onehanded swords.

Bismarck said:
I started with the Antarians, but now i prefer the Marinians.
Crossbows and Halberds are a deadly combination. It's so funny to see these cowardly Khergits flying from their horses after they got a taste of good Marinian steel.
Unfortunately, the crossbowmen are too weak and the crossbow's reach is pathetic (compared to Warband) and the mercenary tree could really use some twohanded polearms instead of onehanded swords.

100% Agreed. Headshots of a 54Dam Siege xbow ranging in the 30s with 300 skill on less than 50 m should not happen. The landsknechts and Conditerris need their polearms back.

Marinians.  I like being in a "republic", seeing "Senator Brabas" or "Representative Marmun" is pretty awesome. Troop wise, their Condottieri are pretty awesome and in combination with Natural Philosophy, their muskets come in handy during seiges.

Adenians.  Heavy cav is at least as good as merc cav, but less expensive.  And they pwn anyone else in the field, including Swadians, but Khergits are a little harder.  For sieges, I just bring Adenian elite archers or a bunch of recruited Rhodok or Swadian sharpshooters or Khergit veteran horse archers for range and Adenian magnates for infantry.  The advantage of sharpshooters is they leave bags of bolts lying around so I can reload.

i feel like i missed out on 4/5 of this mod sometimes because I always play antarians. I just love foot soldiers and the antarians are the epitomy of epic foot soldiers.

I even went so far as to model my cRPG character on an Antarian Elite lol..

Kinda sux that i cant use a shield tho cos those guys love to use ranged =s

For sieges you have to hope that it's a good ladder, or use a lot of nobles and numbers.

OMG i love ANtarians with their heavy armor and 2hs, i as well feel that i have missed most of the game. i tried Marinas or what ever but they were a different type of troop and they died to easily in the manuevers i usually use with my heavy armored antarians, with them i can do a close flank with no casualties and with amazing affect when charging straight and then double timing to the side to flank. marinians or whatever die from enemy missiles.

Back
Top Bottom