Which future faction?

Which faction they should add?

• Ancient Rome / Greece like army (lot of footmen, spearmen)

Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Byzantine army (all kinds of formation, lammellar armors. great siege weapons)

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Englishmen (unique troops - longbowmen)

Votes: 17 14.8%
  • Exotic army like Persia, India etc (lot of unique troops like elephant riders)

Votes: 20 17.4%
  • Other - which and why?

Votes: 29 25.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

funny-pictures-cat-likes-your-point.jpg

An interesting question you pose. In the latest expansion they went south, So now the may looks taller, We have the Khergit invaders on one side, and the Rhodoks on the other. Personally I think it would make more sense to expand West from the Rhodoks because if the Khergits were invaders, then whatever is behind them isn't much different from them.If the Swadians are basically the English, the Rhodoks Goth or somewhat Italian then I would say probably a faction based on one of the Siberian peninsula countries, like Spain.

Mallic said:
Ratman said:
bandit faction wont servive long enough. They would have war with evryone so they would just be crushed. And by the way what kind of BANDIT lords do you want? like Rolf of the house of Rolf or something ?:lol:

rolf sounds good... but why is his first name also the name of his house????

never read the story of NPC Rolf? he said he was noble but Deshavi says he is a bandit. Rolf calls himself Rolf of te house of Rolf

lancecor said:

An interesting question you pose. In the latest expansion they went south, So now the may looks taller, We have the Khergit invaders on one side, and the Rhodoks on the other. Personally I think it would make more sense to expand West from the Rhodoks because if the Khergits were invaders, then whatever is behind them isn't much different from them.If the Swadians are basically the English, the Rhodoks Goth or somewhat Italian then I would say probably a faction based on one of the Siberian peninsula countries, like Spain.

Rhodoks are a mix of modern Swiss and Italian troops (genoese xbowman, Swiss pikemen, Italian light infantry, etc.) Swiss were the masters of hafted weapons as the genoese of the xbows.
Siberia is not Iberia, contains the kingdoms of Portugal, Castille, Navarre and Aragon (and the Mohrs).
They are known for the use of light skirmishers (javelin man, mounted and unmounted) and on a later period the elitism of the xbow.

The factions I would like most in M&B would be:

English based:
- Powerful longbowmen, similar to the Nords, but faster and more accurate.
- Light cavalry, not as powerful as the Swadian, but a bit faster and better maneuvrability.
- Light, pike and spear based infantry.

Far east based:
- Archers are fast and accurate, but not too powerful. Weak armor.
- Cavalry should be powerful, but slow. Something like the mamelukes. No lances.
- Infantry is heavily armored, and have katanas. Based of samurai warriors.

Byzantine based:
- Powerful archers, but lightly armored. Should be good in melee.
- Infantry should be spear or sword. Very uniformed armies, not much differency.
- Cavalry is heavy, something like the Swadian knights.

Mixedpotatoes said:

English based:
- Light cavalry, not as powerful as the Swadian, but a bit faster and better maneuvrability.

Far east based:
- Cavalry should be powerful, but slow. Something like the mamelukes. No lances.

Byzantine based:
- Infantry should be spear or sword. Very uniformed armies, not much differency.

Is it supposed to be a fantasy game? :roll:

KuroiNekouPL said:
Mixedpotatoes said:

English based:

Far east based:

Byzantine based:

Is it supposed to be a fantasy game? :roll:

Nope. I don't really see any fantasy elements in my post either?  :neutral:

I see big fantasy element: Mixing of places. You want guys with katanas, who NEVER saw Europe to fight with Byzantium and Englishmen?

And btw: Mamelukes were LIGHT cavalry.

KuroiNekouPL said:
I see big fantasy element: Mixing of places. You want guys with katanas, who NEVER saw Europe to fight with Byzantium and Englishmen?

And btw: Mamelukes were LIGHT cavalry.

Well, we don't really have to be incredibly historically correct, but you make a good point. But a english and byzantine faction would be good.

And i meant mamelukes in the game, i know they were light cavalry.

I would like Byzantium they-re actually the only part which is missing and they would even bring new troop variations. The Byzantine armies had powerfull horse archers, Good Heavy cavalry, Disciplined infantry, Archers and of course the Greek flametrow er. They would be a faction with a deadly mix of troops because they have all you need  (infantry, archers, cavalry, horse archers).

Btw: Romans + Greeks + Medieval = Superior empire = The Byzantine Empire.

jerni said:
lancecor said:

Rhodoks are a mix of modern Swiss and Italian troops (genoese xbowman, Swiss pikemen, Italian light infantry, etc.) Swiss were the masters of hafted weapons as the genoese of the xbows.
Siberia is not Iberia, contains the kingdoms of Portugal, Castille, Navarre and Aragon (and the Mohrs).
They are known for the use of light skirmishers (javelin man, mounted and unmounted) and on a later period the elitism of the xbow.

Yeah, I know, The Iberian peninsula would be West of the Swiss and Italian, so I owuld think one of those nations, I gave the example of Spain.

cheeseburger3000 said:
I would like Byzantium they-re actually the only part which is missing and they would even bring new troop variations. The Byzantine armies had powerfull horse archers, Good Heavy cavalry, Disciplined infantry, Archers and of course the Greek flametrow er. They would be a faction with a deadly mix of troops because they have all you need  (infantry, archers, cavalry, horse archers).

Then why Turks have beaten them? :smile:

KuroiNekouPL said:
cheeseburger3000 said:

Then why Turks have beaten them? :smile:

Jassinaries

jannasaries? those guys who cut of ther own penissis cause they thought it showed ther braverery those guys?

I always liked the idea of the Bear Tribe in the Expanded Gameplay III mod, real barbarians with zerg attitude, like the Wendol in the 13th Warrior, a faction which hits hard but dies fast and based about quantity to overwhelm the enemy.

I know its not historic but imo fits in better than a far eastern faction.

duracell said:
I always liked the idea of the Bear Tribe in the Expanded Gameplay III mod, real barbarians with zerg attitude, like the Wendol in the 13th Warrior, a faction which hits hard but dies fast and based about quantity to overwhelm the enemy.

I know its not historic but imo fits in better than a far eastern faction.

Well....historic is (the early Germanic tribes during the first years of the Roman empire)....
Altough is not contemporary with the game

is it really important if something is historically correct in this game? as far as i know calradia and all of its inhabitants are made up and as long as no fantasy-elements are added (like dragons, magic or weapons totally out of time [f.e. a musket]) and they fit in with the rest of the game, i wouldnt mind a barbaric bear tribe or a nation based on the old calradian empire (which survived in some outer place far away from its former capital [was it praven?])

Back
Top Bottom