Which files do I edit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Which files do I need to edit to change the whole intro stuff? I wanna know everything from the character creation choices to the opening instance after you make your character. I want to start right in the world map without an intro quest.

Also, I want to clean out all the troops, parties and party templates, (including towns, villages, etc.), and items to replace them with all new ones. I want to clean up all the references to all these old items, so the game doesn't crash when it looks for them. Which files should I be looking at?

For context, what I'm trying to do is a Calradia, some 500 years after the events of M&B/Warband. So it's the same world map, but the old items will be replaced, the factions, lords and companions will be different and stuff. Many of the old towns and castles don't exist anymore, and some new towns and castles will have opened up. You get the idea.

I'm comfortable with editing and compiling the module system files. I got all kinds of tools to make the job easier too, from Notepad++ to some stuff with GUI for easier troop and item editing. But there's just so many files that it's a bit confusing to scan through them trying to find which ones I need for my purpose.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh thanks. That solves part of it. :grin:

Any ideas on which files to make sure I clean up so that the game stops looking for all the old troops, parties and items lists and whatnot? Because I found that just deleting the unwanted lines from the troops, parties, party_templates and items lists makes the game crash, so I may have missed other entries somewhere or something...

Hanakoganei said:
Oh thanks. That solves part of it. :grin:

Any ideas on which files to make sure I clean up so that the game stops looking for all the old troops, parties and items lists and whatnot? Because I found that just deleting the unwanted lines from the troops, parties, party_templates and items lists makes the game crash, so I may have missed other entries somewhere or something...

Searching with Find in Files feature of Notepad ++

Back
Top Bottom