Where or How to get elite troop?

Users who are viewing this thread

labarca123

Recruit
Hi, i have playing for a while and im interested on how or where to get elite troops.. right now im a mercenary for crusaders.. i have read that crusader's cavalry are really good, but idk how to get them.. or any elite troops like latin knights..

The ordinary retinue cavalry that the Crusader states use are the same Miles as you'll find elsewhere, and not recruitable to a mercenary if you use the lance recruitment system. There are, however religious Order troops available as mercenaries in towns and castles. Go and "recruit volunteers" in a town, and you'll get an expensive option of some order knights and sergeants.

Im using native recruit system.. They are 'lance recruitment'  exclusive or something?

EDIT: and can i change recruitment system in a save? or do i need to start a new one?

I have never played this mod with native recruiting, so I have no idea. With lance, you can only recruit mercenaries and from your own fiefs. Are there no mercenaries recruitable in towns besides the taverns? Maybe that's a lance feature.
AFAIK, you can't change after the game has started, but check the camp menu, just in case.

To jump in the topic of elite units; What does it take to recruit Varangians?  You have to be a part of Roman Empire of Nicaea, right?  Do you have to be a vassal?  Do you have to be the lord of Constantinople?

hells_gullet said:
To jump in the topic of elite units; What does it take to recruit Varangians?  You have to be a part of Roman Empire of Nicaea, right?  Do you have to be a vassal?  Do you have to be the lord of Constantinople?
I have yet to find out exactly. I have 2 characters that I've put on the back-burner to investigate just that. You have to be a part of the Empire of Nicaea, and Constantinople has to be taken, since that's where the Varangian Guard is. You are supposed to get a message that the Roman Empire has been restored, and they should become available within a week. I'm not sure if you have to be the lord of Constantinople to enable recruitment of the VG, and I don't know if you can get them while being a mercenary. I'm going to continue with the to saves I have, one where I'm a vassal, and the other where I'm a Mercenary. Hopefully I'll find out soon.

Back
Top Bottom