Where is patch 1.7.3 ???

Users who are viewing this thread

People stopped asking when this farse of an EA will end... that is the real problem.
To me when it ends is less important than when X and Y issue gets fixed.

If I could choose between the "end of EA" right now (but the game continue to be broken, imbalanced and feature deficient), or I could choose for armour, strategic AI, cavalry AI, weapon balance and economic balance to be fixed right now, I'd choose the latter.

If I could choose between the "end of EA" right now (but the game continue to be broken, imbalanced and feature deficient), or I could choose for armour, strategic AI, cavalry AI, weapon balance and economic balance to be fixed right now, I'd choose the latter.
The game has already been brought to a playable&stable state couple of versions ago. Recent betas introduced some "new" (not really vital) features but also some new and resurrected bugs are popping up in the process. Calling it "early access" - let's say it is not what they promised it to be. The team no longer listens to suggestions not to mention making them part of the game. When you feel nothing is really definite and they are still open to constructive criticism - this is how I see EA. It was the same with other EA I took part with. And sure you can argue this is not what it means. TW officially denounced the community/team game development approach. The only thing they want is the free quality control team to catch bugs - there are plenty of new people here willing to help. I do it every now and then myself but I see - it's a bit cynical. You can release fixes, patches, and bug reports without calling your game EA.

Despite various polls, posts, and fanbase pleas for introducing features - TW either says this is too complex or not in scope. See, I also like playing vanilla (you mentioned that somewhere) but I no longer expect this game to be far off the current state. I have 1200 hrs in Bannerlord on my counter - 40Euro well spent. But with this potential, I must say I'm very disappointed with its current state, lack of depth, and slow progress.

So to wrap up - my opinion is: Finish the Game, release a stable version - and let modders add the flavor.

Last edited:
The game has already been brought to a playable&stable state couple of versions ago. Recent betas introduced some "new" (not really vital) features but also some new and resurrected bugs are popping up in the process. Calling it "early access" - let's say it is not what they promised it to be. The team no longer listens to suggestions not to mention making it part of the game. When you feel nothing is really definite and they are still open to constructive criticism - this is how I see EA. It was the same with other EA I took part with. And sure you can argue this is not what it means. TW officially denounced the community/team game development approach. The only thing they want is the free quality control team to catch bugs - there are plenty of new people here willing to help. I do it every now and then myself but I see - it's a bit cynical. You can release fixes, patches, and bug reports without calling your game EA.

Despite various polls, posts, and fanbase pleas for introducing features - TW either says this is too complex or not in scope. See, I also like playing vanilla (you mentioned that somewhere) but I no longer expect this game to be far off the current state. I have 1200 hrs in Bannerlord on my counter - 40Euro well spent. But with this potential, I must say I'm very disappointed with its current state, lack of depth, and slow progress.

So to wrap up - my opinion is: Finish the Game, release a stable version - and let modders add the flavor.
Absolutely. I've said it two years ago, this is not EA. A different game I am playing right now has been in EA a longer time than Bannerlord. But its an actual EA. The devs post polls for the playerbase to engage with and they use that feedback to improve the game. They post weekly blogs and engage with their community. I don't mind EA when its an actual EA.

This is not EA. Suggestions, criticism, feedback, it all falls on deaf ears. There are no questions from TW, only reluctantly. Remember when they changed the battlecommand UI and only with dragging their feet gave us a legacy setting to change it back? Pepperidge farm remembers.

Speaking of EA, Battlefield2042 recently came out. They oversold and underdelivered in a massive way and going from huge sales to a playerbase of a mere 1000 current players. That franchise got ****ed because the company decided what the market wanted instead of letting the market decide what the company should produce.

Consumers wont just gobble everything up because you serve it on a silver platter. If its ****, its ****, no matter how its served. You can serve it once and if your terms state I cant call a waiter and return then fine, I will throw away this ****, complain to my friends about this **** and never eat at that restaurant again.

EA is **** on a silver platter. Only TW decided silver was too expensive and they served a damp turd on a moist napkin.

TW's has no idea how to design a game like this. It's a complex unbalaned economic medieval simulator with battles. Good thing we have the cinematic entro video, it really ties together the immersion LOL... Garbage game.. Can anyone tell me with a straight face that the smithing feature feels like it fits with this game?
I do. It's a fun side mini-game, at least it would be if it was more fleshed out (the moto of Bannerlord).

At this point, do people really expect anything from the new patch?
Based on the pacing and silence from them as they have nothing to provide back, absolutely no faith anything new or improvements (other than fixing bugs/crashes from previous patches).
Nor do I expect anything from TW on future projects based on this experience; disappointing that now it is just another studio to add to the list to steer clear of.

Based on the pacing and silence from them as they have nothing to provide back, absolutely no faith anything new or improvements (other than fixing bugs/crashes from previous patches).
Nor do I expect anything from TW on future projects based on this experience; disappointing that now it is just another studio to add to the list to steer clear of.
If they release the modding support for private servers, then people can mod to your heart's content.

It's gonna be a while though...

By the way, when were TW supposed to finish the game again?
Q2 2022, which is about now.
But expect to see another delay posted by Callum on June 30: "we are not happy with the game, we need to work on it some more in ways that won't make anyone else happy".

It's a complex unbalanced economic medieval simulator with battles.
I wish it was anything close to the complex to be honest. This game feels like an extremely dumbed down version of the earliest M&B game out there

Can anyone tell me with a straight face that the smithing feature feels like it fits with this game?
Its a huge mistake that they didn't remove it long before the public EA, i still cant help but cringe at how smithing made it that far in the game without no one thinking like "Why are we still keeping this stupid arcade mechanic in the game" and not removing it completely

Its a huge mistake that they didn't remove it long before the public EA, i still cant help but cringe at how smithing made it that far in the game without no one thinking like "Why are we still keeping this stupid arcade mechanic in the game" and not removing it completely
Allegedly it was a very late and rushed addition to the game just before the EA. Armagan thought he'll show off his programming skills and add a potentially interesting feature, while someone else would really make it work within the game during the EA. No one dared to change it too much or, God forbid, scrap it, so here we are.

Allegedly it was a very late and rushed addition to the game just before the EA. Armagan thought he'll show off his programming skills and add a potentially interesting feature, while someone else would really make it work within the game during the EA. No one dared to change it too much or, God forbid, scrap it, so here we are.
To be fair, had the rest of the game allowed as much interaction with the world as the trading systemn, Bannerlord would have been a super duper deep game akin to the Paradox Games, but easier to understand (?).

Looking forward to Callum's post.

Im more like concerned about the logic behind their priorities. I mean this is a game where you go from rags to riches to the point of running a whole kingdom and they are literally wasting their energy on implementing miscellaneous stuff like smithing as if they actually served a mid and late game that fulfills the actual deal of the game rather than a side mechanic that does not even fit in with the rest of the game.

Aside from smithing being too unbalanced, its also implemented so poorly. You cant even pay a blacksmith to make your dream weapon, its literally nothing more than a player grind. What kind of king wastes time in smithery by grinding?

At least it can be ignored.

I guess There is no logic, it's just whatever...I am still in amazement that they cannot say definitively what will be in upcoming patches... their code is so jumbled they can't tell what will happen and our money and time is along for the ride. Just a terrible experience for a buyer in EA.
That was literally the only singleplayer game i ever bought instead of pirating, imagine the hype and the disappointment following it

Back
Top Bottom