When give a fief, add an option "save for myself" when choose from 3 clans

Users who are viewing this thread

when making decision on giving a fief to 3 options clans, why only 3 options?? why I can't save it for myself??? and gift out to other clans later???
What if I don't want to give out this fief to these 3 clans? I want to give out to other clans??

Sometimes I just conquer a different culture castle/city, I don't want to give to my culture clan, I want to convince a clan of that culture to join me first, then I will give his culture fief to him

Could be a policy, would have to have some major downsides though. Clans wouldn't want to join you, your generous trait would plummet, influence of every clan excluding your own would stagnate immensely and your popularity among current vassals would also plummet.

Could be a policy, would have to have some major downsides though. Clans wouldn't want to join you, your generous trait would plummet, influence of every clan excluding your own would stagnate immensely and your popularity among current vassals would also plummet.
ehhhh. why?? I am doing the best for the empire, not for my selfish reason

let's said we capture a kuzait castle, but the 3 options clan are different culture, and I want to avoid the "different culture owner " -3 punishment, I want same culture owner and fief

I am saving the fief for now, and will give it to the right clan

ehhhh. why?? I am doing the best for the empire, not for my selfish reason

let's said we capture a kuzait castle, but the 3 options clan are different culture, and I want to avoid the "different culture owner " -3 punishment, I want same culture owner and fief

I am saving the fief for now, and will give it to the right clan

Imagine that youre a lord, you have no fiefs and you just captured a castle. You would want a fair and democratic proces so that you would have a chance to that castle, right? You wouldnt want your king to swoop in, take that castle, and give it to someone who hasn’t earned it, just because he’s of the same culture?

It’s a realistic proces. If you we’re to just take that castle, I’d give you the middlefinger and join a different kingdom with a fair ruler.

Imagine that youre a lord, you have no fiefs and you just captured a castle. You would want a fair and democratic proces so that you would have a chance to that castle, right? You wouldnt want your king to swoop in, take that castle, and give it to someone who hasn’t earned it, just because he’s of the same culture?

It’s a realistic proces. If you we’re to just take that castle, I’d give you the middlefinger and join a different kingdom with a fair ruler.
yes and no, I think in the old Warlord version, it will have punishment for no-fief lord, it will drop relationship periodically, so that would punish the ruler for not giving the castle

but why only 3 options? why not give a full list for all clans to choose from?

I think the dev team just forget to add this feature

Not really.
If you were a fair ruler, you'd take in all factors of contribution, you wouldn't just randomly look at the three highest tiered clans with the lowest fief count and say "hey, you can all vote along these three clans only." despite there being massive contributions for numerous other clans.

The fief assignment process is poor.

Not really.
If you were a fair ruler, you'd take in all factors of contribution, you wouldn't just randomly look at the three highest tiered clans with the lowest fief count and say "hey, you can all vote along these three clans only." despite there being massive contributions for numerous other clans.

The fief assignment process is poor.

And influence and relationship.

But there are mods who do exactly what OP asks for.

People didn't buy the game to have to finish it with user-made mods... mods should enhance experience for custom variants, they shouldn't be what fixes the baseline of the game.

But I dont consider OP’s proposal a baseline fix. I like the system the way it is. If OP wants a different system then he can flavour his game how he wants with a mod. The game isn’t specifically tailored to suit OP’s illogic wants and needs.

But I dont consider OP’s proposal a baseline fix. I like the system the way it is. If OP wants a different system then he can flavour his game how he wants with a mod. The game isn’t specifically tailored to suit OP’s illogic wants and needs.
I think it's fine for the AI to have auto system for putting up 3 choices, but for the player it should "recommend" 3 based on the system and the player can then choose to put another clan if they want and deal with the relation drops if they make the vassals mad. It makes no sense for "the game" to be putting up the options when the player is the ruler. It's dum and it reduces what very little strategy exists in kingdom ruling.

I think it's fine for the AI to have auto system for putting up 3 choices, but for the player it should "recommend" 3 based on the system and the player can then choose to put another clan if they want and deal with the relation drops if they make the vassals mad. It makes no sense for "the game" to be putting up the options when the player is the ruler. It's dum and it reduces what very little strategy exists in kingdom ruling.

I dont think you would need or want that freedom. Clans gain influence. It would be political suicide to ignore or discard your most influencial clans, they’d switch allegiances or attempt a coup. More often then not, kings were toppled from the inside.

You could give players the freedom to select three clans but what value would that add? What strategic benefit would there be to not go with the obvious choices?

I am all for more player oriented strategy and a better diplomacy but there really isn’t anything wrong with the current fief system.

What strategic benefit would there be to not go with the obvious choices?
You're thinking very short sighted and linear. Just like OP described, perhaps you want different vassals or future vassals to have fiefs that match thier culture for stronger long term security. Did you ever play warband? In warband you get these rif raff lords wanting to join you and you let them, but they get mad whenever you give fief to somebody else. But but it doesn't matter because by the time they leave you're got good loyal lords and given them land.

You're thinking very short sighted and linear. Just like OP described, perhaps you want different vassals or future vassals to have fiefs that match thier culture for stronger long term security. Did you ever play warband? In warband you get these rif raff lords wanting to join you and you let them, but they get mad whenever you give fief to somebody else. But but it doesn't matter because by the time they leave you're got good loyal lords and given them land.

I've played both warband and bannerlord, which is why I know that in bannerlord you dont have riff raff lords joining you. You carefully select them, build a relationship with them and eventually recruit them.

If you want to play favorites with clans then you can give factions influence if you want them to be more influential. If you give a fief to an unpopular lord with little influence your relation with the other lords would rapidly decline.

Again, I get the need for wanting to control certain outcomes, but having these options available would do more harm than good.

bu.. but.. but I DO??

It is a baseline fix, very simple, why a lord chooses someone is a must be calculation system; this is medieval age, so no democracy is guaranteed and even if there is a voting, you can't even candidate yourself and dozens of parameters like this. If the vassal is fixed on the point of lordship of a land, then so be it. Why can't i try to be tryrant? And those arrangements to the system shouldn't stay with this, it should be more and more enhanced.

If you see this complicated and not a must, then let ai decide who gets what automatically anyway.

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif

Well your opinion is irrelevant on this topic.
The OP says its an issue, the majority agree. There's only you sat here defending the poor choice offering.
If we want to reward our NPCs with Fiefs, we should be able to without having to go fishing for mods for a game we paid for.

You carefully select them, build a relationship with them and eventually recruit them.
Nope, players take whatever POS on a horse is fief less and broke and give them whatever fief they're got or take the closest one, then later they might start thinking big about "well I want to go after these clans so I want to have these fiefs to give them" and so the early clan became the rif raff clans, even though they all the same in bannerlord, if they did get mad and leave you, you're still ahead because you're replaced them with a clan you wanted in a matching culture fief. You're in a better position so it doesn't matter. Of course it would take a whole lot of this for them to leave anyways and in some game states it just won't happen because you're just so much better then other factions.

Back
Top Bottom