When do weapons start doing damage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reapy

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I just was wondering this actually. I have noticed sometimes some oddities while say lancing, where I'll have let the animation play out about halfway through, but realized i fired too late, so right clicked to bring my shield up. A couple times I have done that I have gotten the kills.

I would guess based on the side/back kills that as soon as you click attack the weapon will start doing damage? Does this also include AFTER a swing. I've noticed you can get some weird movements from weapons when you click for block/parry early on in the swing. Could you feasably hit someone with the weapon from another angle that way?

Also, think it would be possible to hit someone on the 'back swing' of an extended spear that you clicked to block with? I wonder sometimes if lancing at another passing rider I inadvertently hit him with the lance on the way back as I clicked to block and face him. That or it could be just some small lag where I did hit him with the lance as it was going forward and he clean missed me with his.

The attack is capable of inflicting damage as soon as the swing animation begins.  Which is to say, after the wind-up, so no, you can't hit anyone on a backswing or a block.

Back
Top Bottom