Whats your favorite thing about PoP?

Users who are viewing this thread

CKO, without a doubt.

It has provided me with so many hours of enjoyment, creating troops that compliment my various themed Kingdoms.

Granted, the whole mod is wonderful and every feature has it's own reason to be liked, but that does it for me.

In Native,there are just 6 kingdoms and 6 bandit groups (Steppe Bandits,Mountain Bandits etc.) but in PoP there are a lot of bandits ,good and bad Knighthood Orders.
In Native pure cavalry can beat everything but in PoP you can counter pure Cavalry with a mix of archers and Heavy Infantry.
So, my favourite thing about PoP is troop variety, you can encounter dozens of units in a single battle. It is really great.

CKO
The fact that i can join an order like the Knights of the Lion and become grandmaster.
The fact that i can conquer the world.
I really do love the fact that i can become a knight.

How hard it is.
You always have to be vigilant.

My first experience of that was where i walked out of Valonbray and was caught by a party of Knights of the Dawn.
I believe my words were "wtf was that" when i was destroyed in a single charge.
I then spent 2 hours reloading trying to beat them because i am stubborn.
I may kill every knight of the dawn i see as a result of that.

500 hours later and i still get excited for each patch.

My perfect playstyle would be being able to own a castle as a Merc while being independent. I just want to have a CKO that i can hire out to a kingdom and fight their battles for them. I like building up kingdoms on the bodies of my men, and then rebelling while they are in a big war so they collapse.

SpectralKnight said:
How hard it is.
You always have to be vigilant.

My first experience of that was where i walked out of Valonbray and was caught by a party of Knights of the Dawn.
I believe my words were "wtf was that" when i was destroyed in a single charge.
I then spent 2 hours reloading trying to beat them because i am stubborn.
I may kill every knight of the dawn i see as a result of that.

500 hours later and i still get excited for each patch.

^^this^^
I had the same first experience with those a**holes...  :twisted:
Killed everyone I could since then.

Other than that, this mod has become a benchmark for me for 3 main reasons:
_ World and character design -> both unique, consistent and deep
_ Homogeneity  -> while other mods can do better in certain aspects (ex. tournaments, formations ...), PoP isn't really lacking in any aspect
_ polish -> the amount of time spent on balance and performance optimization is huge!! and it shows.

You guys sucked away hundreds (at least) hours of my life by constantly improving this mod !!!

I like the focus on game play mechanics and balance. All the other mods I played pale in comparison to Pendor from this point of view.

I also like the polished map, the minor factions and the Knight Orders.

1) PoP is the only mod that managed to significantly extend and diversify troops available to you without screwing it up. When you just add a few tiers to faction troop trees, they remain mostly inaccessible because they require enormous amounts of exp, even if you bring your trainers to high levels they require. KHO units are not available in substantial amounts early, but once you grind enough and reach the late game, you can make an army of knights.

2) In vanilla (and other mods), there was only one efficient way to develop your character. In PoP, with the help of Qualis gems you can become both a great leader and fighter, so you don't feel like you can't do a **** against high-tier enemies because you've put most of your points into charisma, but you can actually impact the outcome of a battle with your character.

So PoP extends the length of a playthrough and lets you develop a badass killing machine while still remaining balanced, atmospheric and challenging.

Carthago Delenda Est said:
So, my favourite thing about PoP is troop variety, you can encounter dozens of units in a single battle. It is really great.
Y'know this is probably the one thing I would say that puts PoP above the rest of the mods around here. When I became king, it was a wonderful surprise for me when I realized the factional order knight (culture) mechanics. This meant with a single walled fief, a (notable) Lord would field up to three types of Knights: One from their culture's factional knights, one being their household troop, and then the last type of knight from the Knighthood Order residing in their very walled fief. Lords having a special variety of troops adds flavor to the medieval melee simulator that is M&B.

Unfortunately, this also brings to mind my greatest gripe with the companion lords in PoP: they do not field knights/sergeants from the fiefs they own! Whether or not this is by design, it makes me feel that the Knighthood chapter I made is wasted. I've ended up praying for that fief to be taken by another faction so I can retake it and put it to better use. Since I have Adonja running around with her four Bearclaw Berserkers and leaving a motherlode of Silvermist Rangers sitting in the castle I gave her, I'm not very motivated to making my companions Lords of walled fiefs in 3.9. Its kind of sad though. I was dreaming of having my companion lords lead their unique armies complemented with a plethora of knights. Y'know. Like for starters: Adonja's Bearclaw Berserkers complemented by Silvermists, shadow wolves and legions for example. Or with Frederick i woulda given him immortals, wolves, scorpions and ebony gauntlets. I've had dreams/plans for each companion by now lol Its peculiar to me that i can find no discussion on this topic in the PoP forums here. Oh well, if only...  :roll: :wink:

dhelfyre said:
Unfortunately, this also brings to mind my greatest gripe with the companion lords in PoP: they do not field knights/sergeants from the fiefs they own! Whether or not this is by design, it makes me feel that the Knighthood chapter I made is wasted. I've ended up praying for that fief to be taken by another faction so I can retake it and put it to better use. Since I have Adonja running around with her four Bearclaw Berserkers and leaving a motherlode of Silvermist Rangers sitting in the castle I gave her, I'm not very motivated to making my companions Lords of walled fiefs in 3.9. Its kind of sad though. I was dreaming of having my companion lords lead their unique armies complemented with a plethora of knights. Y'know. Like for starters: Adonja's Bearclaw Berserkers complemented by Silvermists, shadow wolves and legions for example. Or with Frederick i woulda given him immortals, wolves, scorpions and ebony gauntlets. I've had dreams/plans for each companion by now lol Its peculiar to me that i can find no discussion on this topic in the PoP forums here. Oh well, if only...  :roll: :wink:
What are you talking about? :grin: I don't remember companion lords not getting KO units from their own chapter in 3.8.4... Anyways, in 3.9, your companions promoted to be your vassals will surely receive reinforcements from the KO chapter they own :iamamoron::
9CEB8155284EAAA8AE2333E9B6401796726C8E33
8AA5F1ABE03F1D72A7B1C35526A54F449403D027

Troop balance. PoP has a lot of over-the-top units, and yet somehow manages to retain some semblance of balance. This makes battles a lot more enjoyable in the long run. Quite different from a lot of other mods, for example, A Clash of Kings mod, which has a lot of factions and lots of different units, and yet, because of the weird way that you get super good armor and almost all units have only 2 powerstrike, most of the units in that mod are plain useless, because they can't hurt anything.

Gorvex said:
dhelfyre said:
What are you talking about? :grin: I don't remember companion lords not getting KO units from their own chapter in 3.8.4... Anyways, in 3.9, your companions promoted to be your vassals will surely receive reinforcements from the KO chapter they own :iamamoron::
9CEB8155284EAAA8AE2333E9B6401796726C8E33
8AA5F1ABE03F1D72A7B1C35526A54F449403D027
YES HOORAY!!!!! Thank you. Looking forward to it! SOON

Favorite thing? It was the best mod I've ever played years ago and its still getting updates/improved.

It has a finished feel to it most mods lack.

I never see error scripts in Pendor or wonder why there's no one to interact with or realise the weapon variety is very low or see all the lords of one kingdom have the same face.

Pendor is a class apart, more like a game in itself then a M&B mod.

It's polished, it's consistent, it's interesting and it's hard but fair.

There are many viable playstyles and the content is well distributed so that in most cases you won't reach lategame and say "well now I'm invincible and I've all but won, time to spend 20 hours taking over fiefs and chasing 1man parties until all kingdoms are destroyed".

Many mods have this "I've reached the peak and now it's just grinding" situation start relatively early on.

The one thing I wish Pendor had is viability for mean playstyles such as plundering, looting and being an ass to everyone. But then again this is a design choice based on the lore built around the mod.

Actually working on it. I love playing it, but I honestly had more fun creating for it, figuring out how to do things. I might launch a tutorial series one day if I have time, to help people get into modding.

snouz said:
Actually working on it. I love playing it, but I honestly had more fun creating for it, figuring out how to do things. I might launch a tutorial series one day if I have time, to help people get into modding.

Same for me here :smile: @Snouz, if you need help in creating that tutorial series, hit me up. I'd love to introduce more people to modding. I have a very unfinished tutorial on how to create simple quests, but maybe I'll get to finish it sometime in the next few months :smile:

Lore... pretty much that... and now in 3.9... the Wife Outfitting... the other things? I like them but the Lore and Wife Outfitting is just, "demn son, best thing in here boy..."
I've said this before, but I really wanted the Char Creation Lore to take some of the devs time to polish xD
It's fine if you don't, so don't hate me xD I like the mod, very much

Back
Top Bottom