What would have happened if King Pyrrhus of Epirus hadn't died at Sparta?

Users who are viewing this thread

MothMan

Banned
If King Pyrrhus had not died at the Siege of Sparta? would he have Gained control of Mainland Greece/Macedon? or would he have had more Pyrrhic victories like the one at Heraclea, leading to his downfall?

That is true, seeing how he relied heavily on Mercenaries for his campaigns, only per campaign, not a professional Army though I know he had at least some veteran Soldiers

He died in Argos, not at Sparta . . .  :roll:

But had he not been brained by the roof tile?  I dunno, the guy had a propensity for being mercurial.  Just about any guess is good as the next.  His recognition of the potential power of the Romans should be noted, though.  Assuming that he'd focus on stabilizing and unifying Greece and Macedon, maybe he'd try to retake Magna Graecia.

Gabeed said:
He died in Argos, not at Sparta . . .  :roll:

But had he not been brained by the roof tile?  I dunno, the guy had a propensity for being mercurial.  Just about any guess is good as the next.  His recognition of the potential power of the Romans should be noted, though.  Assuming that he'd focus on stabilizing and unifying Greece and Macedon, maybe he'd try to retake Magna Graecia.

I thought the Roof tile was a myth?

Never heard it was a myth,not really that mythic of an event  :mrgreen:
He was dazed by the roof-tile and then finished off by an enemy soldier,seems to make sense..

Back
Top Bottom