What the hell is Microsoft smoking NOW?

Users who are viewing this thread

CrazyEyes

Knight at Arms
Alright, so, as you may have noticed, I have an Xbox 360. It's been dandy as candy up until this point, where it is, as my father described it, "hosed". For some retarded reason, the software or firmware of the DVD drive on the 360 is ****ed up, and it now acts like the Xbox's infamous dirty disc error, only it does it EVERY TIME. It doesn't say dirty disc, something about the 360 thinking it's not a 360 game. This only started like, today. It must have been a Live update or something.

My dad calls Microsoft, and the warranty is gone, so it costs $129 to fix it. $129 to fix some **** we didn't do, on a game console. He *****es so much that they finally agree to do a "warranty repair" or something, but not for a month. Kind of reminds me of Maddox's Orbitz incident.

well, that's another reason why i will only trust in PCs ^_^

They sold those X Boxes cheap to make money on the discs but they should still have better costomer support then that. I hate stuff like that, I bought a new car once and something went wrong with it so I took it back to the dealer and they wouldn't do anything for me until I lost my temper and started yelling and acting crazy. Then all of a sudden they could take care of it.

CrazyEyes said:
For some retarded reason, the software or firmware of the DVD drive on the 360 is ****ed up, and it now acts like the Xbox's infamous dirty disc error, only it does it EVERY TIME.

Since M$ placed most of the copy protection in that firmware, and the most likely reason for it becoming screwed is someone attempting to bypass it, I'm not surprised.

Problem is, it does do something on Live. Not sure exactly what, but if it's updating or similar I could see why it would cause problems. Typical Microsoft.

Uh, well, I'm not paying $600 for a game console with "features" that I already have seperate machines made to do just those features.

why the hell would either of you even TALK about getting an x360 or a ps3? theyre both NOTHING compared to an uber pc. WII RULES. if im getting a console, its a console that can do something the pc cant. WII RULES. NINTENDOPHILLIA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Fuzzlow said:
why the hell would either of you even TALK about getting an x360 or a ps3? theyre both NOTHING compared to an uber pc. WII RULES. if im getting a console, its a console that can do something the pc cant. WII RULES. NINTENDOPHILLIA WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

YEah, i agree. ANd if you add it up,to get the ture xbox360 experience, you could get a uber PC (since you need a HiDef TV ect to get the 'true' xbox feel)

I have a ****ing 54 inch DLP TV. I think it's HD, let me check -- YES. GOD YES.

There's only one reason anyone would get a console:
There are games on the console that aren't on the PC.

The Xbox 360 does not cost $600, and the only extra feature is some DVD player. Oh, and **** the HD-DVD thing.
They might as well packed a Goddamn MICROWAVE with the PS3.

Aflac, the PS3 is $600 for the "FULL SUPER DUPER PS3 WITH CREAMED CORN!" Oh wait, no, it's just another $100 for a 60-gig drive instead of 20 gigs. Yeah. Like you need ****ing 60 gigs on a console.

Heh yeah.

Well, the WII is something to look out for, since it's new controler thing-y look's to be a real blast.... (might actually cause me to buy a console :eek: :shock: :shock: :!:)

CrazyEyes said:
I have a ****ing 54 inch DLP TV. I think it's HD, let me check -- YES. GOD YES.

There's only one reason anyone would get a console:
There are games on the console that aren't on the PC.

Well, note that most of us can' afford a ****ing 54inch HD tv.

Back
Top Bottom