What scared you today?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have never heard of an ER doctor in Kentucky being decent, so I'm not really surprised. They're always too overworked and burnt out to care. If it hadn't been for the potential seizures we wouldn't have even taken her there. Our PCP is way overworked, but at least she's dedicated.

We had a small electrical fire last night. Fortunately, our shingles are asbestos (the only time I've ever been glad for that), so it didn't do any damage. I'm glad I stayed up late though. I saw a bright flash outside my window, popped outside to see why the dogs were barking, and found out that a power line was sitting on my roof burning. It took about 30 minutes for the power company to show up, but they got it sorted out pretty quick. I feel bad for them, as it was 4AM and sopping wet out, and the power switch for the line was behind 10' tall weeds. They were as soaked as they were tired by the time they got done.

Shatari, your life actually sounds interesting, like adventurously appealing.

Please write one of those book-based rpg's about your life if you have the time.

Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said:
i thought indians were supposed to be immune to the whole ancient burial ground curse thing :razz:

srsly tho, how does this always happen to you? :lol:
This old school was built over 70 years ago by the cheapest labor Kentucky could provide. I'm amazed it's lasted as long as it has.

Wigster600 said:
Shatari, your life actually sounds interesting, like adventurously appealing.

Please write one of those book-based rpg's about your life if you have the time.
90% of the books encounters would be "You encountered a fainter goat. Are you going to spook it and give it a hug?", with the choices being "Yes" and "Of course".

Sorry to double post, but I just had a lovely scare. We came in from a long day's work and discovered that the house was full of smoke. It turns out that the power box to my parent's apartment had been leaking water, and had corroded the wiring to the point of setting the wall on fire. Fortunately, we were able to kill the power to it and our water hose was long enough to spray it down before it did any major damage. Unfortunately, my apartment is now the only place on the property with a functional fridge or heat. And we have no hot water heater. And we're not sure how hard to will be to rewire everything, and there's an arctic vortex about to slam us with a serious cold snap.

Still, it beats having died. If this had hit a few hours later that's what would have happened. Also, the wall that caught fire had to be torn out this Spring anyways, since it's rotting away anyways due poor construction.

Covid scare at work, which is also a covid scare among some of my extended family, since the farm is a family business. We're all waiting for someone's test results to come back, so we can know if there's a chance that the rest of us have been exposed to it. But, since the test results might not be back until later next week, today has been the third day of being in limbo and worrying about getting too close to people, just in case one or more of us is infected. The worrying is starting to get to me tbh...

My aunt and uncle (separate households) had it back in april, it can seem scary at the time but it's still a fairly low risk to any one individual. However I would still avoid coming into contact with anyone too much until you get the results. Isn't there some kind of rule where if you come into contact with it in any way you have to lock yourself down?

Back
Top Bottom