What pissed you off today? v. VI

Users who are viewing this thread

One of my Pyrenees killed a possum and the flies found it first, and my ducks and guineas found them before I caught wind of it. Now I'm dealing with a botulism outbreak that is killing a ton of my birds. I've quarantined all the sick ones I could find, but any bodies I miss just lead to further explosions of infection. Ducks and guineas are really bad to hide when they're feeling ill, and a ten acre farm is really big when you're having to hunt through the weeds and ditches daily. Fortunately, guineas have a survival trait where they'll pick one part of the farm and only eat there as long as the food is good, so only the ones that patrolled the field got sick. Most of my ducklings wound up dying though, and we lost several of our favorite pet ducks. At this point things should be just about played out, since I've been scattering so much lime all over the place that the fly population is getting seriously impacted.

Been sick with some form of cough for weeks now. Missed my last week of work because of it. Finally went to the doctor yesterday only for her to tell me it'll pass on it's own and I can just continue to use my over the counter meds. Also found out I don't have health insurance until I start uni in september because apparently the time during summer when I'm officially on my student holiday I'm not insured.  :???:

Woke up today with a terrible headache and it might look like I actually have a sinus infection of some sort.  :meh:

One of my friend has a 5 years old child.
He like spider-man, so i thought i'd imitate spider man to make him laugh.
But the little **** got mad and said i was too ugly to be spiderman and refused to talk to me for at least 3 hours for the crime of imitating a hero.

I ****ing hate children.  :neutral:

From my experience working at a primary school:

Children 4-7 are naturally cooperative anarcho-communists who only want the best for everyone else and for their social group as a whole, and will listen to whoever tells them they are misbehaving. They are a hivemind where ideas can spread very rapidly, and collectivist ideas spread much more rapidly than selfish ones.
They desire justice above all else, although they are willing to use adults as the arbitrary final authority to resolve arbitrary disputes. If you tell them that it's a good idea to take a specific course of action, you will see them taking your advice to the letter the next day. On the rare occasion these systems contradict, there is a deadlock and the child starts crying.

Children 8-12 are desperate to divorce themselves from the material and social culture of their younger years. They ditch collectivism in favour of individualism, cooperation in favour of competition, and anarchic social rules in favour of justice by adult-devoid debate diplomacy, or failing that, the fist, or by weight of numbers.

Children 12-18 is a young adult action-adventure book written by British author Anthony Horowitz, and is the first novel in the Alex Rider series. The book was released in the United Kingdom on 4 September 2000, and in United States release on May 21, 2001, where it became a New York Times Bestseller.[1] Since its release, the book has sold more than nine million copies worldwide, been listed on the BBC's The Big Read, and in 2005 received a California Young Reader Medal.[2][3]

Serpent Of Eden said:
12-18 now please.

At that age children start to go full-on free will and become more like individuals due to frontal lobe expansion and all that. It's impossible to generalise.

Age of Empires II: The Densetsu ? said:
Children 12-18 is a young adult action-adventure book written by British author Anthony Horowitz...

Alex ran into the corridor. In front of him stood a guard. He was smiling grimly. His ugly face dripping with sweat, his evil eyes thin and cruel.

And, impossibly, he was holding a gun.

It was a browning 16363783-272838 AGGT special class sniper pistol with extended clip, extended magazine, extended scope, extended austupaio, extended /k/ meme-decorated exterior, wooden stock, and fully silent silencer—one of the deadliest pistols in the world. It could kill a man from 2000 yards. Alex could see the death in the weapon. It stared at him with cold cruelty. The cold evil metail screamed murder.

Alex tried to compose himself. When he was a young boy, his father had trained him in judo, karate, MMA, sailing, French and taekwondo. Remembering instructions from long ago, he adopted the combat stance of the kakugeruikatadakui—a karate hyper-master. Legs apart. Balanced on the balls of his feet. Then, like a flash he struck out. His heel slammed into the mans face. This was the Karugi-date. The most deadly kick in the universe. Then he spun around and slammed into the man's chest. The guard didn't even have time to cry out. He crumpled to the ground, and lay still.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273230/High-school-student-suspended-saving-picture-gun-desktop-background.html

I know its Dailyfail but WHAT THE ****?

Having violent looking PC wallpaper is enough to get suspended?  :lol:
Edit: edited the UK part.

I think people forget how hard it is to be a child. Everyone always thinks of childhood as a time of carefree innocence, but do you even remember the experience of it? I feel like I was far more anxious, uncertain, self-conscious, and wrought with guilt and emotion as a young child, and I don't think I got that sorted out until high school, when my aforementioned pre-frontal cortex developed further.

We need to make life for children as miserable as possible, so they will have the incentive to grow in personality. Also because they are noisy little ****s and there is a playground under my window.

Serpent Of Eden said:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2273230/High-school-student-suspended-saving-picture-gun-desktop-background.html

I know its Dailyfail but WHAT THE ****?

Having violent looking PC wallpaper is enough to get suspended?  :lol:
Edit: edited the UK part.
When I changed the desktop background on a school computer to Megadeth's Youthanasia album cover art, noone dared to change it for two years.

Back
Top Bottom