What pissed you off today? v. VI

Users who are viewing this thread

Evvv said:
American schools have been very touchy about that sort of stuff since Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, etc.

It's still a bat**** insane knee-jerk reaction. My "christian" school is more than happy for you to do entire projects on weaponry without flinching.

David Dire said:
Evvv said:
American schools have been very touchy about that sort of stuff since Columbine, Virginia Tech, Sandy Hook, etc.

It's still a bat**** insane knee-jerk reaction. My "christian" school is more than happy for you to do entire projects on weaponry without flinching.
You'll need firearms to keep Satan at bay when Jesus is busy with other people.

This fresh atrocity known as the "new YouTube layout" is a crime against humanity. Its only redeeming feature is the built-in "dark mode", which was a non-issue anyway because of extensions such as YouTube Centre. Ah... but YouTube Centre is now broken, of course. The font size is obnoxiously large, the layout itself looks like something from a sodding tablet app, and, with YouTube Centre broken, there's no "lights off" mode, which means that I'm forced to stare at the top bar and a sliver of the stuff beneath the video, as the "cinema mode" is too damn small.

EDIT: Okay, okay, there's a silver lining: The site is usable at 80% scale, and videos are watchable at 30% (the minimum Firefox can offer). The player even grows larger as all the other UI components - which I'm not interested in whilst trying to look at a video - become smaller and smaller.

It's probably a case of someone new coming into the job, they need to change things to justify their appointment. Otherwise Chief of Youtube Layout is just going to be twiddling his thumbs and surfing the internet all day, and that doesn't look good to colleagues and bosses. Before you know it, the poor man is out of a job, gossips and tell tales having betrayed him to the big boss. It's not fair, it's not right!! He had potential; it's a flaw of human nature that made people see him as bad at his job just because he wasn't doing anything- if a change had needed making he would have made it! But no, now things are getting shifted around for no reason and messing it all up, and every one of those frowning bastards thinks the new boy is the bee's knees.

Lumоs said:
This fresh atrocity known as the "new YouTube layout" is a crime against humanity. Its only redeeming feature is the built-in "dark mode", which was a non-issue anyway because of extensions such as YouTube Centre. Ah... but YouTube Centre is now broken, of course. The font size is obnoxiously large, the layout itself looks like something from a sodding tablet app, and, with YouTube Centre broken, there's no "lights off" mode, which means that I'm forced to stare at the top bar and a sliver of the stuff beneath the video, as the "cinema mode" is too damn small.

EDIT: Okay, okay, there's a silver lining: The site is usable at 80% scale, and videos are watchable at 30% (the minimum Firefox can offer). The player even grows larger as all the other UI components - which I'm not interested in whilst trying to look at a video - become smaller and smaller.

I'm confused. Cinema mode is too small? It nearly takes up the whole window. If I wanted it to go any bigger I'd just go into full screen mode.  :razz:

Everything else is ****, though.

The Doge of Benis said:
I'm confused. Cinema mode is too small? It nearly takes up the whole window. If I wanted it to go any bigger I'd just go into full screen mode.  :razz:
Wou1P.jpg
Rs-Rw.jpg
Full screen simply feels too big all too often, but that depends on what I'm watching. I also enjoy seeing my taskbar.
I don't enjoy seeing all that rubbish that's still present above and beneath the video in the new (and conventional) way.

Jacobhinds said:
Cinema mode scales with your window but it's smaller than before at many window sizes, because it absolutely refuses to have scroll bars.

Wait, it is? I have no space either side anymore - the player never used to go to the edge of the window in enlarged mode before. Unless I'm getting my modes confused.

EDIT:

Oh, interesting. I never used Youtube Centre or custom layout settings, so that is maybe where I was going wrong.

Youtube is ****ed because they have ****ty people running it and those people have lots of agendas to push. Can't care less about the layouts when the content creators are losing the monetary encouragement for making videos.

I agree with Goker. The alarming political agenda of google is what's going to ruin youtube and has more grounds to be on the pissed off thread.

Back
Top Bottom