What made you lose faith in humanity today?

Users who are viewing this thread

He lived in a cave with niches full of sex slaves ****ing like living statues.

If that's not the most historically accurate depiction of Roman architecture ever put on film, I don't know what is.

Tiberius Decimus Maximus said:
Well I wish you feel better, Wellen. I may think you're a bit of a ****, but you're okay at other times and in any case you're here to stay and I might as well tolerate you in the meantime.  :razz:

That said, to clarify on the mention of digging at people's weaknesses, this is in reference to Liefr's advice directly, which, let's be frank, was abrasive and insensitive to the extreme, rather blatantly making fun of the condition Vieira and Dodes have been struggling in. You, in turn, insisted, and well probably continue insist that this was 'nothing'. Here's where baiting people about their past and overblown insults on your end, and your condoning intentionally or unintentionally of Liefr's approach to peoples' psychological problems tie together. It's called the line. And honestly I don't entirely mean this condescendingly, people miss this all the time.

There's a line to how far you can push a joke, or a joking insult, or an outright insult, and when you go over the line people get really offended or really pissed off. And this can happen regardless of your intent, or however humorous a spin you think you put on it, and where the line ends is dependent on the person, which is why it is absolutely necessary to actually consider who you're speaking to. Like, don't bring up his mother when insulting Docm, or don't make some crude joke about Jews when bantering with Mage, or when you're talking with Rabble don't press him as hard. I mean sure, I'm absolutely aware that this isn't exactly your responsibility to tip-toe around other peoples' problems online, and that the internet, in Duh's words, isn't meant to be a perfect safe space. But with that said, we do have some responsibility to keep the forum from being some constant horrible ****fling where eventually all pretense at humor is gone and its genuine, unabating flaming and ****flings. Like godforsaken FSE. For the sake of the decorum of the company hosting this site, at the very least, if human decency doesn't do it for you. But beyond that, come on, dude. These people have reasons for getting pissy when you push them too far, whether it is about certain things or a perception that they are being singled out unfairly. Mage and Feragorn (I'm sorry if you two resent being used as an example here) have dealt with **** for being Jewish all their lives, Dodes is in a really ****ty spot in his depression right now, Rabble has grown up with a spectacularly bad childhood and is stuck with no options in a bad situation in a bad town. No, I'm not telling you to censor yourself so that your posting as a whole is as squeaky clean as a Tumblrina's. What I'm telling you if that sometimes you just need to tailor what you're saying to a specific person, for a specific reason, and a damn good one for all the examples I listed here. No one is a perfect person, and we're all bound to offend someone someday. But the thing is not hounding someone once you've found their weakness, whether it is their heritage, their past, or their situation right now, and not exactly condoning it either. Most of us have pretty high tolerances, and can take what we give, but there's still points we need to be mindful of that are kind of specific to each person.

You get what I mean? Sorry for the wall of text as well, btw, I'm just trying to be as clear as possible on this, while considerate to your personality and how you post and express yourself. Which sounds pretty motherly, but sue me.
This.
Also, i know full well ALL my social and behavioral shortcoming.
And believe me, i WORKED on it.
I was way more impulsive and quick to anger in the past like way more.
I used to argue angrily with real life folks at least 10 times a week.
People avoided me like the plague.
I had therapy and i take medications.
What you see right now is a incredibly toned down rabble.
Actually, the internet is the only place i get angry anymore.
I repress most of my anger in real life.
The level of snarks, poisonous sniper shot from the bushes and sheer callousness i encounter here bring me back to my high school years and it piss me off greatly.

Look, drop the innocent act, you did initiate an obviously inflaming situation with your remark towards "the regulars", and you constantly bring it upon yourself by being reactionary on stupid **** like clickbait articles, which obviously yields responses, some less pleasant than others, of course.

Which is why he's saying the internet is the only place he gets angry now? He's not saying he's innocent, he's just saying he commits some posting-burglaries here and there instead of the posting-arson he would before.

[me=Headmaster]skirts out of the room as quick as they came[/me]

Quite. I am very proud of my restraint.

Anyway, point is that he doesn't get called out for every single triggering reaction he displays as he seems to believe, people actually do try to let it slide.

RabbleKnight said:
Good thing you show restraint, i wouldn't want to know what you do when you go full Harkon mode.

In other words...

tumblr_nqxd7sAFYF1rzi7p1o5_250.gif

Feragorn said:
We should all be so lucky.
I do hope you realize how rich and obnoxious this is coming from YOU, given your recent little fits at us for "oppressing semitism" and that everyone should stop jokes. Now you suggest that just ignoring stuff that bothers us without replying to it is the standard and that I'm acting so high and mighty for saying I do that in regards to Reb? Then ****ing apply that to yourself as well, and read past the jokes without creating drama, you don't get both.

Huh, almost like I wrote a well thought out speech about this very topic, replete with explicit examples to that very situation. Perhaps, and I'm saying just maybe, we wouldn't be having this argument if you read that post. Ah, but what a better world that would be.

For the record, you can make jokes without being antisemitic. Just thought I'd point that out.

Yeah yeah, everyone read your post that you just showed was a sham by resorting to flaming me with a picture. You probably don't realize how ridiculous you look by flip-flopping between Mister Super Diplomacy and sarcastic and flamebaiting. Good job proving that Wellen had a great point alluding to your previous ban, despite your efforts to dispel its relevance "cuz im older nao".

Harkon Haakonson said:
Yeah yeah, everyone read your post that you just showed was a sham by resorting to flaming me with a picture. You probably don't realize how ridiculous you look by flip-flopping between Mister Super Diplomacy and sarcastic and flamebaiting. Good job proving that Wellen had a great point alluding to your previous ban, despite your efforts to dispel its relevance "cuz im older nao".
Wut.  :facepalm: :neutral:

You're missing the point entirely, Harkon, but I'm glad you brought up that conclusion so I can make a fine example of this situation. Now, if I directed it at Rabble after this already considerably long debate and ****fling, how do you reckon he'd react? If you were to say "he'd probably freak out", you'd probably be correct (no offense, Rabble) so I usually don't bother with those kinds of jibes with him. Now, how about you, Harkon? I've observed you and talked with a fair few times by now so I have a pretty decent gauge of how you handle conversations, jokes, and insults. I wouldn't have posted it if I didn't think you could take it, nor would I necessarily believe you if you said you were offended now, because considering my recollection of your stance on psychiatry and the like I really doubt you'd get offended by the mention of "retarded", let's be perfectly honest. This is because his line is at a completely different distance from yours. See how I tailor my conversations to the individual I'm talking to? What I'm not doing is tailoring my conversations to the society at large: for all I know someone would be seriously offended by my use of the word retarded. But I don't care about society: I care about Rabble, and I care about you. This is my point. Not blanket censorship, just consideration of who I'm talking to and what they can and cannot handle. 'Cus I'm not a total ****, or at least I do make an honest effort. I'll let others make that judgment at the end of the day.

*EDIT*

2 ninjas.

Back
Top Bottom