What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

How not to defend your dignity, or the lessons of Erich Stauder, a poor man

>be Erich Stauder, a German citizen
>be so poor you cannot afford butter
>have an EU welfare program that gives butter to poor people at reduced price
>get all the coupons for free butter you are entitled to
>Germany requiring your name on the coupon
>everyone in the shop can read your name from the coupons stored in a counter and therefore can find out that you are a cheap-ass bum who has to buy welfare butter
>butmydignity.bverfg
>challenge the requirement to have the name stated on the coupon on grounds of it violating your right to human dignity
>courts finding it is a question of different translations and their interpretation
>landmarkcase.ecj
>win the case gloriously
>have the case be one of the important cases in the history of the EU
>dignity protected
>have your name in every EU law book for next 100 years with the information that you were a cheap-ass bum who had to buy welfare butter

:lol:

Went to see Comedy Estonia's standup live and was thoroughly entertained throughout. Five different comedians, one of them my friend from uni. Great atmosphere and a surprisingly good audience, considering we're Estonians n' all.

The chef at work ripped the most decrepit sounding fart and looked so astounded that that noise could come out of him

Despite the fact that it's way too late in the year, one of my ducks decided to try and hatch some eggs. She's succeeded in hatching three ducklings, but since it's too late for them to forage she decided to abandon them. They wound up in my chihuahua lot instead, trying to convince my two pups that they would make perfect mommies. The chis were fascinated but terrified of the fearless little peepers. (All three ducklings are now parked in a box in my bathroom, and I'll probably clean up a brooder box to winter them over in.)

Back
Top Bottom