What made you hyped today?

Users who are viewing this thread

jacobhinds said:
The roman ones were played by random families back before RTW was even released. The game allowed for friendly fire and they couldn't actually see the game map the same way actual players can. Their awful results were supposed to be demonstrative of real life.
Sometimes the uh, genius tactics were quite hilarious though. "I'll put this unit in a siege tower and drive it up to the wall as a distraction, don'T really care about losing those people. Meanwhile I'll  attack the gate with rams" - "I'll put my entirely unarmoured army up on this hill in its entirety, who cares that the enemy has lots of archers and horse archers, we hold the high ground!".

Why are they not saying "Herr", nooooo. :ohdear:

This also means I was originally right a few months back when we discussed this. Guess I's was partly trippin'.

Gestricius said:
Clicking on chasseurs (/à cheval/) and hearing "Ja, sir!" instead of "Chassuer!"

Not wrong, but confusing seeing as I expected Frenchmen to speak French.

AIDS said:
In significantly less exciting news, I have to watch The Last Samurai in English and then do a class presentation  :meh:

The village for that movie was built up the road from my childhood home on a farm belonging to a friend's parents. Some of it is still there, it's pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom