What made you awestruck or astonished today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just finished watching a let's play of Beyond Two Souls, I'm so tempted to bash my head in after watching that masterpiece.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28986843

-

In 1993, Montalbini spent 366 days in an underground cavern near Pesaro in Italy that had been designed with Nasa to simulate space missions, breaking his own world record for time spent underground. When he emerged, he was convinced only 219 days had passed. His sleep-wake cycles had almost doubled in length. Since then, researchers have found that in darkness most people eventually adjust to a 48-hour cycle: 36 hours of activity followed by 12 hours of sleep. The reasons are still unclear.

Wossat den?

Dodes said:
In 1993, Montalbini spent 366 days in an underground cavern near Pesaro in Italy that had been designed with Nasa to simulate space missions, breaking his own world record for time spent underground. When he emerged, he was convinced only 219 days had passed. His sleep-wake cycles had almost doubled in length. Since then, researchers have found that in darkness most people eventually adjust to a 48-hour cycle: 36 hours of activity followed by 12 hours of sleep. The reasons are still unclear.

Neato.

What did nobody tell me the T-rex had feathers. I fell so betrayed.

SgSJk.jpg

I just read in the paper today that they found a new ultra sized sauropod and named it Dreadnoughtus. I'm very pleased at this.

Dryvus said:
I just read in the paper today that they found a new ultra sized sauropod and named it Dreadnoughtus. I'm very pleased at this.

Yep, 26m long and was probably still growing at time of death. Looks beautiful.

Dodes said:
What did nobody tell me the T-rex had feathers. I fell so betrayed.

SgSJk.jpg

I heard a theory that the amount of feathers was relative to the size of the dinosaurs. Can't remember where I read it, but it proposed that it was likely that while baby T-Rex's would have feathers, they would lose them as they grew older and larger.

Back
Top Bottom