What is your favorite faction and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'd say my top three are:

1. Battanians. They may not be the most powerful but I really love their aesthetic, I love their little speed bonus in forests, I love how close together their cities are and their economies and potential workshop locations. And their Wildlings are so fun!

2. Empire (Southern): I just love their aesthetic as well as well as their mobility on the battlefield. I prefer to fight for the Southern Empire because I suspect the other two of assassinating the previous Emperor.

3. Vlandians. Just a classic, medieval faction. Their training bonus is great. Their crossbows and infantry are great for sieges and their Knights are a force to be reckoned with on the battlefield.

But what about all of you? What is your favorite faction and why?

I like the Aserai the most. My three major issues with them are:
1. Really tough to catch bandits
2. Very spread out cities. More than any faction even Sturgia
3. Crazy bad tier 2 and 3 units which makes getting a good army retrained after loss very costly.

Battania for sure, the lore is cool. I was kind of hoping they would be more prone to in-fighting though, but there is no in-fighting in the game T_T

1. Aserai.
2. Khuzait.
3. Empire.

In all three cases, I like the faction aesthetics, their troop trees don't actively piss me off and they pass my subjective test for not being horrible representations of similar real life cultures.

Would be Khuzait if they had just nailed their armour and other aesthetic aspects.
I mean just look at one of the nomadic confederations from which the Khuzaits are inspired, the Cuman-Kipchaks:
images
81640207523506a994b0adbd37f820c5.jpg

b2fcc0dca1398c791bf901645675c13b.png

WHERE THE **** ARE MY FACE MASK HELMETS? There is only one or two high tier unit that use it and even then it's rare to see, for some reason.
But but, even bigger an aesthetic-killer for me is all unnecessary leather and thick fur.
Let's look at a more "settled" nomadic faction then, the Seljuks:
seljuk-soldier.jpg

The-Seljuks-faced-a-new-enemy.jpg

5df095a379d142f04f70cb705b1eb931.jpg

Wow, looks like they had functional ****ing armour.
Its so fkin good. Such a wasted opportunity, but TW is good at wasting potential, hopefully they change though.

The hell am I talking about

I would want to say Battania, but not anymore. Their cities and armour could use some work, same with their troop tree. I wished they had more tartan, woad and torcs going around. And some common archers dammit.

Even with the nerfs, I enjoy the Aserai most. Still wished they were more pre islamic, they look a bit too high medieval. But I enjoy that style.

My Favorite faction is :- Catalina - Their black garb with golden dragons look fantastic, Ruled by the Wise "Ravenhart the Just" , he is a friend to noble and peasant alike.

Aserai. Amazing Archers. Highest fire rate, great bows and arrows. Good Heavy Cav and Horse Archers. Weak infantry?
Just wait until you get 20 Palace guards together and watch them cut down people with their 2H axes. Nothing more satisfying than watch them one shot Cav off their horses or break heavy infantry shields.

My favorite is the Aserai. They have a very well balanced roster, and you can decide your own play style with them.

My least favorite is Battania. I'm doing an all-battania play-through. I have four archers in my troop of 96 soldiers. It's absolutely ridiculous that they have no archers in their common line. Other factions have common and noble troops of the same type, and archers are a necessity on a medieval battlefield.

Would be Khuzait if they had just nailed their armour and other aesthetic aspects.
I mean just look at one of the nomadic confederations from which the Khuzaits are inspired, the Cuman-Kipchaks:
except they arent just inspired by the cuman-kipchaks. Its also common knowledge that they're inspired by the steppe people of northern china (primarily, I would say) Look at their in game loading screen picture. Nearly every character in the picture has the look of an east asian as well as several xiongnu/mongolian fur hoods.

except they arent just inspired by the cuman-kipchaks. Its also common knowledge that they're inspired by the steppe people of northern china (primarily, I would say) Look at their in game loading screen picture. Nearly every character in the picture has the look of an east asian as well as several xiongnu/mongolian fur hoods.
Who do you think the Kipchaks are?

I would like to love Sturgia the most since I like the good ol' viking-themed aesthetics, however the play out in a way I have trouble enjoying with their troop trees.

So currently it's Battania where I think TW managed to create a really interesting faction with a great mix that feels real without being a copy paste of something actual. I of course agree their standard tree miss an archer, but it's ok anyway since it's easy enough to farm prisoners from the forest bandits and other minor nations.

except they arent just inspired by the cuman-kipchaks. Its also common knowledge that they're inspired by the steppe people of northern china (primarily, I would say) Look at their in game loading screen picture. Nearly every character in the picture has the look of an east asian as well as several xiongnu/mongolian fur hoods
Kipchaks are basically Turkish Mongolians

Back
Top Bottom