what is the best Total Conversion for Warband?

Users who are viewing this thread

BananaBob

Squire
Hello,

i played warband since the release and i have seen a lot of very interesting totalconversions, like Brytenwalda, 1257 AD, the Lord of the Rings mod and the two a-song-of-ice-and-fire mods and of cause L'Aigle. And in addition to that we have the 2 "offical mods" fire and sword and viking conquest.

but i wounder which one would you guys call the best?

of cause you can say its just a thing of preference, if you like Lord of the rings take that and if you liek realism take 1257AD but i want to know which one is the best in a more technical term, like if you look if its 100% finished or how fun it is to play, how much good and new elements it adds and so on.

Lets say i would like all settings the same, which one would you recomand me?

Prophesy of pendor is my favourite. A very polished low-fantasy total conversion mod with a high difficulty compared to native.

Does anyone remember Sword of Damocles? I have no idea why but this was the first conversion mod I downloaded. In retrospect it didn't seem too special, but the mercenary units you buy at the inn stood out to me.

Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth

I think the only reason why someone'd even consider Gekokujo to be better than this is because the setting is more well known (and people have a hard on for samurai, and an even more misunderstood idea of ninja)

Don't get me wrong, I think Gekokujo is a good mod, but I could point out a hundred things wrong with it or that could be improved, but the best mod for Asia covers south east asia (Thailand, Lous, Cambodia and a few outsiders like the chinese, japanese, indonesians, muslims, portugese...) 

This mod has everything with much less bull****.  You've got elephants, guns, handcannons, repeating crossbows, grenades,  bows, swords and shields, topless people riding buffalo into battle. Lots of funny hats and elaborate shoulder wear. Really, really cool music. I haven't heard better music from any other mod.

Innocent Flower said:
Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth

I think the only reason why someone'd even consider Gekokujo to be better than this is because the setting is more well known (and people have a hard on for samurai, and an even more misunderstood idea of ninja)

Don't get me wrong, I think Gekokujo is a good mod, but I could point out a hundred things wrong with it or that could be improved, but the best mod for Asia covers south east asia (Thailand, Lous, Cambodia and a few outsiders like the chinese, japanese, indonesians, muslims, portugese...) 

This mod has everything with much less bull****.  You've got elephants, guns, handcannons, repeating crossbows, grenades,  bows, swords and shields, topless people riding buffalo into battle. Lots of funny hats and elaborate shoulder wear. Really, really cool music. I haven't heard better music from any other mod.

I actually played that mod too, and I reccomend this. Its not very often as a vietnamese that you see vietnam being represented in popular culture.

Its a whole new awesome world.

lolbash said:
Innocent Flower said:
Suvarnabhumi Mahayuth

I actually played that mod too, and I reccomend this. Its not very often as a vietnamese that you see vietnam being represented in popular culture.

Its a whole new awesome world.

As the Gekokujo-sayer guy, I am now all but compelled to download this mod, and I still might for Christ's sake. Hail Baphomet.

Back
Top Bottom