Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Sprain or Strain.

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Everyone needs it

chartoftheday_3441_countries_never_invaded_by_britain_n_1430793747.jpg

Ungrevling said:
Yet you don't eat a bowl of grape, but a bowl of grapes.

Your logic depends on Lego being the singular for a piece of Lego- it isn't. You play with pieces of Lego, you may have a single piece of Lego in your hand or you may have many pieces- some Lego- spread out on the floor before you. You may have a box of Lego. You may want to buy some more Lego, you may want different types of Lego.

DanAngleland said:
Ungrevling said:
Yet you don't eat a bowl of grape, but a bowl of grapes.

Your logic depends on Lego being the singular for a piece of Lego- it isn't. You play with pieces of Lego, you may have a single piece of Lego in your hand or you may have many pieces- some Lego- spread out on the floor before you. You may have a box of Lego. You may want to buy some more Lego, you may want different types of Lego.

There's no reason why lego can't be singular too. I bet there's a lot of people who use it that way, and at that point it's become so. Same as other brand names that become parts of the language.

My neighbor was hired to cut an enormous amount of hay for one of his relatives, only to have the lady welsh on payment. Instead of giving him money, she just gave him half of the hay bales. He's done everything in his power to sell or store as many as he could, but we've got a big storm moving in soon so he's down to just giving the bales away before they get soaked. My Dad and I have spent the last two days loading up $700 worth of free hay, every one of them massive round bales. We're wiped out. And my sister is bringing my niece and nephew to visit for a week, so I have until tomorrow to clean my house up as best I can. Good fun.

Back
Top Bottom