What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

What is this "terrain feature?" If I had to guess it makes the scenes actually make sense?
The Map gets split up in Regions(I think like 150 at the moment) which each get a specific map assigned to them. This Maps are representations of the overworld map with importand Landmarks(bridges and so on) so you see in the battle terrain where you are on the world map.
When you start a fight you get placed on this map in the same relation to other parties that you have on the world map so it is way easier to realy plan how and where you want to engage an enemy because you know what expects you not like now where you can get any kind of map that roughly fits the ground type on which you start the fight and you are lucky or not with your starting position.

59yt3n.jpg
:roll::wink:

It's a very labor-intensive task and we don't have any inkling what kind of progress they are making (=no partial releases), so any estimate not coming from TW is wild guessing. The only thing going for this being finished in some reasonable time, is that the TW sceners look like the most efficient team over there.

It's a very labor-intensive task and we don't have any inkling what kind of progress they are making (=no partial releases), so any estimate not coming from TW is wild guessing. The only thing going for this being finished in some reasonable time, is that the TW sceners look like the most efficient team over there.
Yea. At least they got good sceners it seems.

Do we think maybe it is the last "Big Update"? Maybe the battle map thing is and they didn't expect it to be done until close to release but wanted to show something for us to speculate on while we wait. I'm looking forward to it and want to see how it plays but I really want the update released soon so there is plenty of time to test it. Something like this really seems there will be a lot of bugs and issues.

Do we think maybe it is the last "Big Update"? Maybe the battle map thing is and they didn't expect it to be done until close to release but wanted to show something for us to speculate on while we wait. I'm looking forward to it and want to see how it plays but I really want the update released soon so there is plenty of time to test it. Something like this really seems there will be a lot of bugs and issues.
+1. I think we are close to the finish line now. They are going to "maybe" add more features through DLCs in the future me thinks. That way "too complicated" features are optional for us "tryhards" who have a normal expecation of what this game should be.

I don't think so.

If you paid attention to recent dev posts, you might have noticed there are mutliple things being worked on, including mechanics; including but not limited to:
-Smithing Overhaul
-New terrain system for Campaign
-New banner mechanic (and overhaul, as a result)
-Update on sound, we don't know the scope but hopefully it improves the immersion.
-Keep battles

That's all I can remember right now, there may be more. In any case, since they will have to tweak some of those (and I'm not even mentionning what they still ned to tweak now), it seems like they have quite the workload.

The Map gets split up in Regions(I think like 150 at the moment) which each get a specific map assigned to them. This Maps are representations of the overworld map with importand Landmarks(bridges and so on) so you see in the battle terrain where you are on the world map.
When you start a fight you get placed on this map in the same relation to other parties that you have on the world map so it is way easier to realy plan how and where you want to engage an enemy because you know what expects you not like now where you can get any kind of map that roughly fits the ground type on which you start the fight and you are lucky or not with your starting position.
Got to admit. That sounds pretty cool. And makes actual bridge battles more common. I love me some bridge battles

I only like them when the river is an actual obstacle and not just a temporary movement speed penalty.
There really should be a "deep water" feature where you either have to swim if you have enough athletics/horse ability or walk around it. It be even better if we could somehow alter the terrain by your towns/castles for immense cash so you could have a true defensive land. But that is something that is way to far for any game.

I was thinking the lands by your fief and not just in the fief battles but moats or ditches would be nice. In order to balance it I guess the setting up the siege camp should take longer or something? So they can build a bridge

Back
Top Bottom