What happened to Co-op?

Users who are viewing this thread

I would say TW with their stupidity drove away most future sales. I certainly tell my friends not to buy the game especially in its current form. TW seems very arrogant and just shoots down people's very good ideas (in my view) they rarely if ever get on steam forums to address posts there... you know STEAM probably the biggest reason they have as many sales as they do.

Lack of communication, arrogant communication when communication happens at all, slow as hell real content updates, constantly creating new bugs/crashes/issues when "fixing" current bugs/crashes/issues. Just one of the most terrible dev teams in recent memory.

I never played any of the other Mount and Blade games, had never heard of them but when I found this game and all the people praising the devs because of the other games I thought I will for the first time pay FULL NEW GAME price for an EA game. Yeah last time I do that. TW should be ashamed.
I think you are the one who should be ashamed for wasting your money without doing some research first and then blaming others for it. Before I buy something I always look if it's good. And if I still somehow manage to be disappointed I blame myself for not doing more research. It's way easier to blame others though.

I remember buying Dragons Dogma which was a complete waste of money. Didn't go to their forums to insult them though, in fact I don't even know if they have a forum.

Inappropriate behavior
I think you are the one who should be ashamed for wasting your money without doing some research first and then blaming others for it. Before I buy something I always look if it's good. And if I still somehow manage to be disappointed I blame myself for not doing more research. It's way easier to blame others though.

I remember buying Dragons Dogma which was a complete waste of money. Didn't go to their forums to insult them though, in fact I don't even know if they have a forum.

Um dude, I did do research and when the game was first out it was a good game for how long it had been out. In the first month or so there was a lot of progress. That progress has slowed considerably to the point of almost being non-existent.

Why don't you instead of telling me what I did or didn't do which you don't know anything about MORON, why don't you instead accept this game sucks in its current form, admit that 50$ was way to much for this crap at current and kiss my ass.

While I agree it's probably the worst EA experience I've had so far, I think it's more how the company works (or doesn't work) as a whole, as there's obviously some super passionate and talented individuals working on it. The engine itself I find to be a technical marvel but the gameplay side of it lacking. I still remember telling my friends at launch to wait a month or two before buying it so there's some more content... Which almost nine months later is still yet to come. There's still a few extra sales for them there if they release something worthwhile :razz:

Anyway man, the best thing you can do is try find another game or hobby to distract yourself because it's likely to be a long and bumpy road from here on out. Saying that, I still always end up checking the forums daily for some sort of update or news.

Thank you for your comment, I completely agree. I think there are very good people working on the game, the graphics are very impressive, the large field battles are fun to play. I was more impressed with the game the first month it was out in EA. Since that time though there hasn't been much to smile about with the game.

Trust me, I play a lot of games and am able to distract myself. I am still frustrated though because of all the new games I have played I believed and still believe this one has the most potential but it seems to be potential that at this point is not being used/implemented/whatever.

It would be beneficial for all to not use insluts, not towards the developers, not towards other forum users, i'm sure every misunderstanding could be solved calmly, using civil discussion.

Inappropriate behavior
Um dude, I did do research and when the game was first out it was a good game for how long it had been out. In the first month or so there was a lot of progress. That progress has slowed considerably to the point of almost being non-existent.

Why don't you instead of telling me what I did or didn't do which you don't know anything about MORON, why don't you instead accept this game sucks in its current form, admit that 50$ was way to much for this crap at current and kiss my ass.
I believe there is a certain trend for aggressiveness and insults among the overly negative people on this forum and that illustrates my point better than I could ever do it myself. Thanks for showing your true pitiful character.

I believe there is a certain trend for aggressiveness and insults among the overly negative people on this forum and that illustrates my point better than I could ever do it myself. Thanks for showing your true pitiful character.
Shouldn't you be used with it by know? Just a bad joke, of course.
People tend to go really far regarding their opinions.
If you want to make a statement against someone make it civilised with no need of insult, as Piconi said.

Shouldn't you be used with it by know? Just a bad joke, of course.
People tend to go really far regarding their opinions.
If you want to make a statement against someone make it civilised with no need of insult, as Piconi said.
Sorry, but if someone calls me a moron my reply above is as civilised as it gets and I don't see an insult in it. Of course it would be better not to reply at all though.

um there is so many things the players want and have already paid for. The mistake people made myself included was to pay full price for a half-assed game expecting TW to do a good job. I for one am still waiting and if TW is doing this bad a job 9 months in I doubt very highly that they could even do coop which I agree would be incredible to have in this game.

A lot of players paid full price for this game, like they did for Cyberpunk and got screwed in my opinion. TW took the money and have done jack **** with it.
The point I am making (sorry if it doesnt come through correctly), is exactly that - plays would likely not pay for co-op in droves, because they would expect it, given the lack of anything we have gotten for our full value payment upfront.

Although, I suspect, many would be willing to shell out 10-15 for co-op (honestly, im sure you might consider it too).

All this to say - I dont disagree with you buddy.

I would say TW with their stupidity drove away most future sales. I certainly tell my friends not to buy the game especially in its current form. TW seems very arrogant and just shoots down people's very good ideas (in my view) they rarely if ever get on steam forums to address posts there... you know STEAM probably the biggest reason they have as many sales as they do.

Lack of communication, arrogant communication when communication happens at all, slow as hell real content updates, constantly creating new bugs/crashes/issues when "fixing" current bugs/crashes/issues. Just one of the most terrible dev teams in recent memory.

I never played any of the other Mount and Blade games, had never heard of them but when I found this game and all the people praising the devs because of the other games I thought I will for the first time pay FULL NEW GAME price for an EA game. Yeah last time I do that. TW should be ashamed.

+1, I know how you feel - and I agree. I wont be purchasing another game from them - and I owned all the previous games. They really lost me on this release, but MUCH MORE SO on the follow up of the development. That has been hell.

How can you see if its good, if you buy it on the expectation for them to deliver on what they promise - and they don't?

There is a certain transaction that happens in an EA title. Dev gives you unfinished game, with some terms about how it will be developed, and what you can expect, and they are expected to uphold that end of the bargain in exchange for money.

They LARGELY have not done that. Don't release in EA with certain promises if you are not going to uphold them. Release it as a full version game, and the market will respond accordingly - You can bet your bottom dollar that their sales WOULD NOT have been the same had it not been an EA.

Trust me. They sold us a barebones games, a functioning engine with battles. But nothing else of substance. Sad really for all involved.

Last edited:
Sorry, but if someone calls me a moron my reply above is as civilised as it gets and I don't see an insult in it. Of course it would be better not to reply at all though.
I meant regarding him, not you. To you i meant that you should be used with these kinds of replies.
Meant no offense.

How can you see if its good, if you buy it on the expectation for them to deliver on what they promise - and they don't?
First, don't buy based on expectations and hopes. If you buy an EA game it might happen that the entire game gets abandoned and Steam even warns you about that on the store page, why didn't you base your expectations on that?
Anyway, which promises did they fail to deliver? The game is pretty much what they promised on the store in my opinion.

There is a certain transaction that happens in an EA title. Dev gives you unfinished game, with some terms about how it will be developed, and what you can expect, and they are expected to uphold that end of the bargain in exchange for money.
Which is what they do. We get regular updates with new features, bug fixes and optimisation. Currently we are waiting for rebellions which is the last missing feature they promised.

They LARGELY have not done that. Don't release in EA with certain promises if you are not going to uphold them. Release it as a full version game, and the market will respond accordingly - You can bet your bottom dollar that their sales WOULD NOT have been the same had it not been an EA.
We've seen something like 30 updates already.

Trust me. They sold us a barebones games, a functioning engine with battles. But nothing else of substance. Sad really for all involved.
I am curious what other game you expected because it's certainly not Mount & Blade.

Well, just think about this. With Coop I would convince my friends to buy the game , and they would convince their friends to buy the game and so on... so they can play together.
This way , I`m playing the game, my friend is not that interested .... but he would be for coop :smile: .

It can be made easily from my point of view. when I want to engage in a battle , if my friend is not in a mission , to be able to invite him and start the battle together if he accepts. Nothing complicated.

Thank you.

Exactly. This is the simple solution to the "timescale problem" people keep talking about.

Back
Top Bottom