What does the AI Diffculty ( Veteran & Challenge) do?

Users who are viewing this thread

Viranto

Regular
You can change the ai diffcult in battle in the campaign option.
But sadly there is no description what the 2 higher options Veteran and Challenge do.
I play with everything on realistic, to get a good feeling, because i play only a commander not a fighter. So i only give orders and would a fight where the ai don't get handicaps.
So what does the difficulty for battles mean. Give this more HP to the AI? Do i make less damage?
Or is it something like, ai use formations, ai use riders to flank the me and such things?

Last edited:
Ok so when ai damage is on realistic all units recieve the same damage usually at lower difficulties you deal more damage to the ai

You can change the ai diffcult in battle in the campaign option.
But sadly there is no description what the 2 higher options do.
I play with everything on realistic, to get a good feeling, because i play only a commander not a fighter. So i only give orders and would a fight where the ai don't get handicaps.
So what does the difficulty for battles mean. Give this more HP to the AI? Do i make less damage?
Or is it something like, ai use formations, ai use riders to flank the me and such things?
You mean Batlle Ai: Veteran and Challenge?

I just notice the AI fights better on Veteran, but that's my perspective and probably the AI fixing they're doing it

You mean Batlle Ai: Veteran and Challenge?

I just notice the AI fights better on Veteran, but that's my perspective and probably the AI fixing they're doing it
Veteran vs challenging is ai combat difficulty its about how well the ai fights usually 1 on 1

I can't remember where I saw it but I remember reading something about this being a universal buff to npc weapon skills, affecting their ability both in offence and defence (blocking speed etc.). It was something like:

Normal = All units work off their designated weapon skills.
Veteran = A moderate boost to all units, meaning even Looters would appear to have the ability/reactions of T2-T3 units from Normal.
Challenging = A high boost to all units, giving even the lowest tier units the ability/reaction speed that ~T4 units would have on Normal.

Don't quote me on this as I'm not certain, it's just what I have in my head. It could be that I'm remembering the description of some old mod.

Hopefully someone will know where to see the code for this in the DLLs. It could be that I'm way off the mark and it does something completely different!

Back
Top Bottom