What are the best and worst aspects of BL right now? Share your thoughts on the current state of game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Best: Big battles are fun, combat is generally nice - The music is pretty good too i have to say - Some scenes are pretty

Worst: The Illumination system, it looks ok sometmes, but most of the time it's pretty bad. - It's pretty barebones still, some systems have a lot of potential, but right now they're as deep as a puddle, they could (and hopefully will) be much more. - Give me good diplomaccy, give me rebellions, alliances, reasons why we are going to war and actual objectives, make marriages count and mean something, give us some more interactions with people and especcialy our spouses and kids. - Scenes are basically dead, and very... stiff in a way, with basically no possible interaction. I want to see people doing more than just standing there. Castles in this regard are particularly bad, everytime i walk around in one i see one guard, and one beggar, where are the people, the soldiers on the walls, stuff like that. - Give us more armors and weapons, let us make our own for our kingdome - Add some Lore, some more depths to the factions, right now they are just "oh this is supposed to be the byzantine empire, this one western europe, bye". So just DEPTH in general, in every aspect

You do know that the Dynasty system literally isn't even implemented yet, right?

You've been able to be executed after losing a battle since the game's release, with your spouse, child or one of your companions taking over your clan. It just required some special conditions (-30 relations with the person who captured you) and even then was rare (2%). I don't know when they added in getting executed for being a criminal, but succession has been in place since day 1.

You're both wrong. Neither the toxic posters or the contented are going have any great effect on the game. Some will be pleased at the rate of progress and others will not be. It is only natural. But in the end, TW is going to build the game according to their vision, and the game will be supported and updated for years to come. They have a broad vision and they're going to work in as much as they can as fast they can, to the best of their ability. They want and accept the feedback of players, where it actually relates to game mechanics, depth, and other beneficial discussions. Not everything will be something they can fit easily within their scope, so some of what people want undoubtedly may not make it into the first post EA release of the game. However, no amount of toxicity from anyone is going to be taken with more than a grain of salt or in any way impact the production of the game. Such is simply to be expected with a public community.

TW is going to keep working on the game and modders are going to go crazy with the game, and the endless possibilities will be brought to life by those most dedicated to their vision. Patience is a virtue. 10 years from now in 2030 we'll be repeating this discussion all over again with the first VR realization -Mount&Blade 3 in E.A. XD Some will be saying "Game crashes if I move my left arm. You had TEN years WTF", and others will be like "Game is great just using my right arm. Keep going! Maybe bring left arm in a DLC!?" but eventually we'll get a great version of that game too, and yes, it will utilize both arms before it releases from E.A.

THAT SAID, I would appreciate if all those commenting would at least fulfill the original requirements of the thread. And while you can and should argue your opinions, please do not belittle others in the process. This is the only off topic post I'll make. Thank You.
Because it still seems your upset from not answering your OP.

Best: Field combat, leading from the front, Mexxico in dialogue with the community

Worst: The changes have been slow and shallow, commmunication with the community is scant and disjointed (with exceptions - namely mexxico), lessons from modders, forums and previous titles do not seem to be considered, the game feels shallow and pointless as there are few choices which are not hobsons choices, Seiges - everything about them, battles become a stagnant routine, diplomacy - having vassals decreases your control of your kingdom in every way, smithing - everything about it, lack of ways to effectively defend kingdom, the cumulative list of 'worst' clearly implies they did not learn from previous titles success.

Off the Top of my head

Because it still seems your upset from not answering your OP.

Best: Field combat, leading from the front, Mexxico in dialogue with the community

Worst: The changes have been slow and shallow, commmunication with the community is scant and disjointed (with exceptions - namely mexxico), lessons from modders, forums and previous titles do not seem to be considered, the game feels shallow and pointless as there are few choices which are not hobsons choices, Seiges - everything about them, battles become a stagnant routine, diplomacy - having vassals decreases your control of your kingdom in every way, smithing - everything about it, lack of ways to effectively defend kingdom, the cumulative list of 'worst' clearly implies they did not learn from previous titles success.

Off the Top of my head

I agree. The game is quite shallow once you get past the first layer or so of mechanics.

Back
Top Bottom